Cup RACE thread --- Gateway

I like the 4/5 wide racing đź‘Ť
Tbh I thought it was going to be a bore at first, but it seemed to improve as the race went on. I know normally this happens as the track “widens out” and gains rubber etc. But it seemed like there was a bit more action after every pit stop etc where they could make adjustments, and obviously the longer they went the drivers were learning about the track.

It looked like they just needed time to get a feel for the track, and with another race or two under their belts at the track to learn, it could be a pretty good show (I'm not saying it wasn't already, as though it bored me at times, it was great at others, and the bad of it honestly seemed more to do with the production IE camera angles etc).

Tbh I thought it was going to be a bore at first, but it seemed to improve as the race went on. I know normally this happens as the track “widens out” and gains rubber etc. But it seemed like there was a bit more action after every pit stop etc where they could make adjustments, and obviously the longer they went the drivers were learning about the track.

It looked like they just needed time to get a feel for the track, and with another race or two under their belts at the track to learn, it could be a pretty good show (I'm not saying it wasn't already, as though it bored me at times, it was great at others, and the bad of it honestly seemed more to do with the production IE camera angles etc).
I thought it would be a one laner also. The night race the trucks had there was single file that way, but both series blew that thinking away this time.

I thought it would be a one laner also. The night race the trucks had there was single file that way, but both series blew that thinking away this time.
At the start it was. It was like they just needed some time to get used to the track being a new venue for the Cup Series. It kept improving steadily throughout the race.

At the start it was. It was like they just needed some time to get used to the track being a new venue for the Cup Series. It kept improving steadily throughout the race.
They made it wider by trying to pass and they kept working the groove up it looked like to me all thru the pack.

This. I think they just needed to learn their way around a new track under race conditions.

Back
Top Bottom