Cup RACE thread --- Gateway

Ah yes the mighty Konk. The Concrete Palace. 1/3 mile paved track, really 1/4th mile if you run the racing line. Always turning. Little straights and sweeping turns. The track is fully enclosed with grandstands which is really cool when you get a good crowd. Famous for midget racing back in the day. Now-a-days they do a huge open modified show in June, which attracts 40+ cars each year and is one of the most prestigious modified races in the region. The thrill shows are LEGENDARY in the area and attract the largest crowds. Track puts on big late model races too which is rare for southern New England.

Anyone familiar with Family Guy they go to a race track and the exterior shot is an exact replica of Seekonk which is pretty cool, and makes sense since the show is based out of Rhode Island.
The more ya know ;)

Nah I just know how to play all day lol.
I think I know better if I’m messing around. I took two things from two wrestlers there I like.

Big Time Blaze came from Big Time Becks, and The Influencer came from Chris Jericho. Not everything in life is so serious.

The more ya know ;)

Highly recommend anyone ever going to Loudon for the Cup race to check out the local racing scene in the Northeast. Stafford Motor Speedway in CT, Thunder Road in VT, and Seekonk in MA are all top notch facilities and are some of the few asphalt tracks in the country that get full fields and send guys home for regular, weekly races.

I think I know better if I’m messing around. I took two things from two wrestlers there I like.

Big Time Blaze came from Big Time Becks, and The Influencer came from Chris Jericho. Not everything in life is so serious.
Thanks, I have never watched wrestling if that is what you call it.

Highly recommend anyone ever going to Loudon for the Cup race to check out the local racing scene in the Northeast. Stafford Motor Speedway in CT, Thunder Road in VT, and Seekonk in MA are all top notch facilities and are some of the few asphalt tracks in the country that get full fields and send guys home for regular, weekly races.
I think most racing fans are proud of the racing they have in their area. We lost a large dirt track that ran sprints, but 4 shorter dirt tracks sprouted up including the Chili bowl.

Seriously, who doesn’t like seeing these Toyotas up front? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I love the Yellow color on that FORD myself lol

1654551402392.png

That didn't take long. Two tracks I have never heard of lol.

Not surprised.
2 of many tracks here in New England that offer fan experiences that can't be beat.
Sometimes the better things in local racing are jewels that don't need recognition by outsiders...

Scott Miller : “In this situation, where there was no blatant takeout and retaliation, best to let them calm down a bit and then have a word with them later.”

Was he even at the race??? I mean even a Denny fan will admit that was blatant retaliation

Back
Top Bottom