Cup RACE thread --- Gateway

Eh, that Rut dude or whatever's stupid act is old....
Blame the producers. Rut (and the rest of them) just covers what he's assigned.

Not looking forward to the gerbils but the production values are usually better than Fox. Not going to miss the in-car camera obsession.

Hamlin should have been black flagged for his intentional blocking and general bull**** with Chastain. The data clearly showed Chastain braked to avoid hitting Denny when he washed up in front of him. Chastain. Didn’t deserve to be impeded in his forward advancement when Hamlin was already 3 laps down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About the wreck. It doesn't matter how Chastain wrecked the 11. If he genuinely screwed up he still wrecked a team out.

I'll share my worthless thoughts

1. Great crowd, and good to see
2. I think I have become a fan of Denny Hamlin after years of not liking him. One of the few people who is brave enough to call out NASCAR for all their stupidity and gimmicks.
3. I still hate the GWC. Congrats to Kyle Busch for winning the Enjoy Illinois 300, and congrats to Logano for winning the Enjoy Illinois 306.25
4. Chastain drove like an ass today, he'll deserve whatever he gets back
5. The track I thought was pretty good and had good racing, I'm glad Cup is racing here. The truck race though... that put me to sleep.
6. It was nice to see Chastain actually seem genuinely apologetic and remorseful. I appreciated that.

Same reason they call it Atlanta.
You can see Downtown St Louis from the grandstands I'm not sure what his problem is with calling it St Louis, its more recognizable than Madison. Kinda like people that live in Aynor or Conway use Myrtle Beach when trying to explain where they live.

You can see Downtown St Louis from the grandstands I'm not sure what his problem is with calling it St Louis, its more recognizable than Madison. Kinda like people that live in Aynor or Conway use Myrtle Beach when trying to explain where they live.
very few tracks are actually in the city that they claim to be in.

Indianapolis: actually, Speedway
Chicagoland: Joliet
Atlanta: Hampton
Barber Motorsports Park: Leeds, Alabama. Announcers always say "we're in Birmingham"
Gateway: Madison
Texas Motorspeedway: Actually in Denton. Announcers always say Dallas/Fort Worth

and the list goes on and on. Just ignore him is my guess.

Blame the producers. Rut (and the rest of them) just covers what he's assigned.

Not looking forward to the gerbils but the production values are usually better than Fox. Not going to miss the in-car camera obsession.
Nah, he plays his same idiot schtick in everything else he does. Same contrived stupidity in the show Top Gear or whatever it's called.

Barber Motorsports Park: Leeds, Alabama. Announcers always say "we're in Birmingham"
Texas Motorspeedway: Actually in Denton. Announcers always say Dallas/Fort Worth

Well heres the really annoying thing, its not even called St. Louis Speedway

Hamlin should have been black flagged for his intentional blocking and general bull**** with Chastain. The data clearly showed Chastain braked to avoid hitting Denny when he washed up in front of him. Chastain. Didn’t deserve to be impeded in his forward advancement when Hamlin was already 3 laps down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm usually all for black flagging Hamlin, warranted or not. But "braking" doesn't tell us much. He still coulda tried to bump Hamlin, hitting his brakes when he felt it was going to be too hard. Still could be an intentional bump to move him. But even then it would piss off Hamlin. Would piss off anyone I'd imagine. And Hamlin didn't touch him, even though he was probably within his rights to do so.

The thing is, alot of these tracks have the name in it. But I’ve seen them actually mention the real city they are in a few times. I’ve heard them say Hampton, I’ve heard them same Concord. The track isn’t called St Louis Raceway, it’s World Wide Technology Raceway. So it’s slightly different. Like lol me asking a question really set some people off today. Y’all really need to take a chill pill. Life ain’t serious.

We have a member who complains about this, no one gives him a hard time.

the experts are out in full force after the race in the race thread. I clear out accordingly.
I just honestly love how easy it is to mess with folks. Like some of them take this place to damn seriously. I’m here to have fun. Some people don’t like it, and that’s fine by me. Basement is boring af lately. Got to find my fun some place.

I just honestly love how easy it is to mess with folks. Like some of them take this place to damn seriously. I’m here to have fun. Some people don’t like it, and that’s fine by me. Basement is boring af lately. Got to find my fun some place.
causing some ruckus lol good luck.

I'm trying desperately to think of something positive to post about Aynor...

That Myrtle Beach welcome center just before you enter town has some great bathrooms.

After playing keyboard rambo, tell me WHY people call it St. Louis. why why. He gets shown WHY..so now instead of learning something, ha ha it's all a joke on everybody else. Sterling individual.

After playing keyboard rambo, tell me WHY people call it St. Louis. why why. He gets shown WHY..so now instead of learning something, ha ha it's all a joke on everybody else. Sterling individual.
Never said it was a joke joke. Just it’s easy to work you people up.

I'm trying desperately to think of something positive to post about Aynor...

That Myrtle Beach welcome center just before you enter town has some great bathrooms.
That was Originally built by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, they spent a ton on it then decided they didnt need it.

That was Originally built by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, they spent a ton on it then decided they didnt need it.
Once you get past Aynor, there aren't any more billboards for "Pirates Adventure Dining Experience". On the other hand, when you're headed out, that's about where the 'South of the Border' signs start for US 501, so I guess that's a wash.

But at least Aynor has a Dollar General. :XXROFL:

Once you get past Aynor, there aren't any more billboards for "Pirates Adventure Dining Experience". On the other hand, when you're headed out, that's about where the 'South of the Border' signs start for US 501, so I guess that's a wash.

But at least Aynor has a Dollar General. :XXROFL:
South of the Border and dont forget Sparkys!

And Buc-ee's finally opened last month. Not that I'll be stopping there; too crowded for just getting gas and hitting the can.
Next time I go to Charlotte I'm gonna stop in. I've heard they have really good Brisket

Was Charlotte Motor Speedway in the local Concord Lowe's when they sponsored the track? Does Concord have a Lowe's? Now these are life's questions...

Should we call it The Tennessee Side of Bristol Motor Speedway? For years New Hampshire called the south grandstands Concord and the north grandstands Laconia after the local towns. Should the track have been called Laconia-Loudon-Concord New Hampshire Motor Speedway International presented by New England???

That didn't take long. Two tracks I have never heard of lol.

Ah yes the mighty Konk. The Concrete Palace. 1/3 mile paved track, really 1/4th mile if you run the racing line. Always turning. Little straights and sweeping turns. The track is fully enclosed with grandstands which is really cool when you get a good crowd. Famous for midget racing back in the day. Now-a-days they do a huge open modified show in June, which attracts 40+ cars each year and is one of the most prestigious modified races in the region. The thrill shows are LEGENDARY in the area and attract the largest crowds. Track puts on big late model races too which is rare for southern New England.

Anyone familiar with Family Guy they go to a race track and the exterior shot is an exact replica of Seekonk which is pretty cool, and makes sense since the show is based out of Rhode Island.

Back
Top Bottom