Cup RACE thread --- Homestead

Nascar wonders why attendance and ratings continue to sink lower and lower. They deserve to keep removing stands from the tracks. They deserve the hole they keep digging deeper for themselves.

so flat tire with no debris = immediate yellow but car sliding backwards down the track = wait a half a lap and see what happens

Yep. Blatantly obvious who NASCAR wanted to win to make their storyline in the papers.

Damn seeing Gordon there makes me a little mad. He deserved a few more championships than 4.
he would have them if is crew chief didn't get greedy and a big head, thinking he was all that.

Lmao Larson choking that away was the most predictable occurrence in human history. So was the blatant race manipulation by NASCAR for that matter, and mr. boring wins to cap it all off. This "sport" is like Bob and Jacob Marley, as dead as a doornail.

Lmao Larson choking that away was the most predictable occurrence in human history. So was the blatant race manipulation by NASCAR for that matter, and mr. boring wins to cap it all off. This "sport" is like Bob and Jacob Marley, as dead as a doornail.
Rcdg4aAei.png

Hats off to Jimmie. Richard Petty once said all you can do it put yourself in the best position possible and circumstances will dictate the outcome. Jimmie did that tonight. The 48 team keep itself close. Stayed Alive and in the end when a few breaks came their way they were able to take advantage.
To join the 7 titles club is amazing and can ne er be taken from him. LEGEND.

If somehow Hamliton beats Nico for the title next week, I might lose it.

I was hyped for Abu Dhabi......until I found out that there are no more double points awarded.

Freak things dont happen in F1 and that is what needs to happen to Nico for Hamilton to win.

Crazy the turnaround Toyota made in less than ten years. Remember how awful they were when it was Mikey, DJ, and David Ruttiman?

Can't wait for lower downforce next year, Erik Jones in Cup, and Bowyer at SHR.
I'm really anxious to see Jones in the 77. if he has learned from some mistakes this season, I think he could contend for the whole thing next year.

Crazy the turnaround Toyota made in less than ten years. Remember how awful they were when it was Mikey, DJ, and David Ruttiman?

Thats how it is. It takes time to turn a brand new program around.

To think they still won with Reutimann twice.

Clint screwed Gordon out of a win at California too. Back in 2014 I think it was.

Look, I'm a lifelong Gordon fan and there were points in recent years where I absolutely could not STAND Clint. But I'm over it Clint has a great personality and actually shows it on TV unlike most others, and I'll be pulling for him.

Big thanks to Joe Gibbs. It's hard to tell how long Toyota would have struggled if they hadn't gotten Gibbs, and Busch. It was and still is a perfect match.

I just realized Jimmie just got win #80. He must know how to drive and how to win.
Like the system or not, you have to give him credit for winning.
Does he have 25 wins left? I really don't think he catches Pearson. Gordon? Maybe.

Does he have 25 wins left? I really don't think he catches Pearson. Gordon? Maybe.
Catching Gordon, I can see it, I wouldnt say its a guarantee, but it is very possible.

Back
Top Bottom