Cup RACE thread --- Homestead

Johnson could have 10 years left. To beat Pearson, he'd only have to average three a year. Seems possible.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm 40m40 minutes ago
Savage. #NASCAR
Cxvuc0_WIAAxuUq.jpg:large

Does he have 25 wins left? I really don't think he catches Pearson. Gordon? Maybe.

He'll eat Gordon for lunch in the next two years. And then it is up to Jimmie if he wants to continue. He can get to 100 within 4 years.

Dana Horne
‏@DanaLovesRacing
8m8 minutes ago Georgia, USA
"This is what I love about #NASCAR, you win a championship and the pull a rig out on the track and start selling stuff..." @kylepetty

I'm sure they had Joey, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards 2016 Championship Merchandise ready to go as well if one of them won the Championship. They do the same thing for the two teams who makes it to the Super Bowl or the teams who made it to the World Series.

I'm sure the Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Carl Edwards merch will now be making it way to a country in Africa.

Karma??? He's 26 and took 2nd in the Chase. I'll enjoy watching him win races and a championship or two in the next 15 years.

Predicting the future when it involves Nascar is very risky business.

so flat tire with no debris = immediate yellow but car sliding backwards down the track = wait a half a lap and see what happens

Surely this doesn't surprise you and you flunked miserably at poisoning the well.............:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

I thought this was a sport. :idunno:

IMO that ship sailed long ago.

I'm sure they had Joey, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards 2016 Championship Merchandise ready to go as well if one of them won the Championship. They do the same thing for the two teams who makes it to the Super Bowl or the teams who made it to the World Series.

I'm sure the Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Carl Edwards merch will now be making it way to a country in Africa.
I am sure they did too, it is how it works, I just found that to be funny.

FYI, the trailer that was on the track had other drivers merc beside JJ's.

This right here is what I care about, way to go TRD
CxvqWXRUkAAdeBT_zpsjwwahxru.jpg

You are 1 of 2 people that I know of that even think about the manufacturers champ. The Chevy-Ford battle used to be fun thirty years ago but those days are gone.

The 48 has an off year and still wins 5 times plus adds a lottery champ. The team has been fabulous since inception.

You are 1 of 2 people that I know of that even think about the manufacturers champ. The Chevy-Ford battle used to be fun thirty years ago but those days are gone.
Actually, you would be incorrect, Ive never cared about it , and till a few days ago, I had no idea that Toyota was going to win it , I just happened to see it on Jayski

I brought attention to it for a reason, but we wont go there.

3 consecutive years with this format and the eventual Champion won the race at Homestead for the first time in their careers. All with 10+ prior starts. Interesting.

First of all, thank you Tony for all you have done over the years!

My question is if the eventual champion's car fails post race, are they still the champion even though he won with an illegal car?

Welcome Smoovee7 . Normally , any penalties for failing post race inspection are announced the following week . Nascar would never take the win away because the car passed several pre race inspections . Post race inspections would normally reveal things like a loose lug nut , body damage due to racing incidents , ride height etc . none of which would really effect the outcome of the race .

3 consecutive years with this format and the eventual Champion won the race at Homestead for the first time in their careers. All with 10+ prior starts. Interesting.
Part of me wonders if that Lupton caution came out because it was pretty clear that Larson was gonna win the race if it stayed green. NASCAR seems like they're pretty big on the idea that you must win at Homestead to win the championship, and a Larson win wouldn't have fit into those plans.

At least you know two smart people.

Maybe those headlight and exhaust decals will grow in me. I will need to pick a fave decal in order to select a manufacturer and that could be tough. Looks like my pox on Shrub and his house was stronger than I thought!!!

Part of me wonders if that Lupton caution came out because it was pretty clear that Larson was gonna win the race if it stayed green. NASCAR seems like they're pretty big on the idea that you must win at Homestead to win the championship, and a Larson win wouldn't have fit into those plans.

Your point makes sense but isn't Larson a minority and isn't Brian's thing of the week diversity? I may be wrong about Larson being a minority but thought I heard something about him and the diversity program a while back.

I am not going to call out the black helicopters but I just found it very "coincidental".

It is hilarious that's certain posters on here constantly make excuses for blatant race manipulation and rigging when Ray Charles could see what's going on. Unfortunately Brian France banks on the sheep that wanna put their heads in the sand to get away with the shenanigans they pull. Thanks for ruining this sport for the rest of us, please take a samurai sword to the gut

It is hilarious that's certain posters on here constantly make excuses for blatant race manipulation and rigging when Ray Charles could see what's going on. Unfortunately Brian France banks on the sheep that wanna put their heads in the sand to get away with the shenanigans they pull. Thanks for ruining this sport for the rest of us, please take a samurai sword to the gut
:XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom