• New Member registration is open. Applicants will be subject to management approval. If you have always wanted to join, now is the time.

Cup RACE thread --- Homestead

slash14

Team Owner
well....gratz to kyle...his team and his fans...but man...what a dud of a race to end the season......
also...i'm pretty much convinced kevin harvick will retire with just 1 championship...he's got what?...2-3 years left?...might make another final 4 but ****...him and the 4 team are just to great to have just 1...

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner
For the record I cannot stand Kyle Busch, but he showed a great deal of class in that celebration. His interaction with Brexton was truly touching. This may be the first time he ever showed an ounce of humility. Congrats Rowdy Mation. Man that hurts to type... ;)

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
Oh good, no call in post race show for the final of 2019, its the little things.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Man. This board is dead. It wasn't this dead in 2015. Is it the champion? Is it the race? Is it people coming around on the package?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kiante

Team Owner
Man. This board is dead. It wasn't this dead in 2015. Is it the champion? Is it the race? Is it people coming around on the package?

The race could have been better.

Just the high-downforce and low power made it difficult for anything to happen. Once it spread out, it spreads out badly.

ToyYoda

Team Owner
I would like to point out JGR bookended the season with 1,2,3 finishes, pretty damn cool. Also, shout out to Erik Jones to going from almost a lap down in stage 1 to finishing 3rd lol. He's gonna have a breakout year next season
Also saw where JGR set a new record for wins in a season with 19, breaking the record previously held by HMS with 18 in 2007. They had a helluva year.

jaqua19

Team Owner
The race could have been better.

Just the high-downforce and low power made it difficult for anything to happen. Once it spread out, it spreads out badly.
That's how it's been all year.

I keep thinking back to 10 years ago where the dominant car wasn't always going to be fast until the end. Driver and in race adjustments could maximize corner speed and out run "the fastest car" at times.

Today, as long as you keep up with the track, if you unload fast, show up Sunday with the car to beat, you are the car to beat and there's nothing that 3rd place car can do to out run you.

Not to take anything away from Kyle cause he is good in any package, but it's just different racing.

Ventisca

Team Owner
Weird race. Pearn puts shoes on the wrong foot. Hamlin pushing water with maxi-tape plastered on his grill. Harvick gets desperate and puts himself at the mercy of a Caution that would never come. KyBu humbly tears-up riding to victory and is subdued in his track interview.

The broadcast is filled with emotional narratives and human interest stories. No raucous celebration, more like touchy-feely reflection with a positive yet somber mood.

Is Oprah running NASCAR?

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
It looked like all of the teams (except Larson) were just staying out of the way and letting the four contenders run for The Cup. It didn't feel like a real race. The contenders were just trying not to make mistakes (there were moments where they ran each other hard). Larson was the only one in the field trying to win the race. Congrats to Kyle and his team for running the race better than the three competitors. (I thought all four of the contenders were worthy of The Cup this year).

kyle18fan

Proud member of Rowdy Nation
Contributor
Who won the championship????! I been in the North Pole!

Dude that eats M & M s and drives the 18 car ........... same guy that won the regular season championship. Was it cold up there ?

Revman

KFB
Dude that eats M & M s and drives the 18 car ........... same guy that won the regular season championship. Was it cold up there ?
They counted him out. He counted him in. I get swag. I am happy. Polo and 14 zip today. More coming. Love this. 2X Champion.

Top Bottom