Cup RACE thread --- Indy Road Course

Other lines Chase considered trying:

"I didn't even know we were still racing. I thought we'd taken the checkers the last time by, and I was trying to give you a congratulatory bump. I thought you won dude."

"I didn't even know you were there. I had so much Speedy-Dry in my eyes, I couldn't see out there man. You were in front of me? Wow, I'm sorry."

You can't even blame Kurt.

Nascar should never have thrown the yellow for debris that was out of the racing groove. They wanted excitement and got a circus.

I never shut off races, but it's been an hour, and this is a joke.

I'll check back in on the winner tonight. I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You lasted a lot longer then I did. I was done before all of the wrecking even started. :)

Nascar next year let's go to IRP and forget this track!!!

They’re treating this like it’s the actual “prestigious” Brickyard 400 and that’s sad. If you’re gonna start a new tradition, get away from the old one.
This race was nothing but an embarrassment for NASCAR, Roger Penske and NBC.

I want to hear Chase’s radio, and see what he was told on the radio and when.
They should have thrown the flag, and given Hamlin his spot back. Then, suspend his spotter because Lambert knew what was going on at least 10 seconds or so before he decided to try to drive through Denny. Pretty sure that he should have known when Lamber did. You can do the "Aw shucks," program all you want--that was bull****.

Denny, Chase, and Digger all did what they had to do. Denny did run both of them off both sides of the track.

They should have thrown the flag, and given Hamlin his spot back. Then, suspend his spotter because Lambert knew what was going on at least 10 seconds or so before he decided to try to drive through Denny. Pretty sure that he should have known when Lamber did. You can do the "Aw shucks," program all you want--that was bull****.
quit crying ur driver got what he deserved thats what he gets for trying to run someone off the track.

nah Nascar has done plenty worse over the years at this point I think they love the chaos cause it gets people talking and thats all they care about.
Talking is nice but buying tickets, filling seats and raising the tv ratings is what they really like...and from what I saw when I was watching how bored the fans in the stands looked, or how upset fans on this forum sounded I have a feeling there will be a lot of fans that will not put the effort in again next year if they keep it on the RC... which won't hurt my feelings any because I like the oval a lot better anyway.

quit crying ur driver got what he deserved thats what he gets for trying to run someone off the track.
Let's go for post #67. Can't wait!

Blocking MATTERS :laugh:

I'm the last one to defend Hamlin, but Briscoe moved him. Briscoe had a lot of excuses, the telling one was "I was trying to get you going." He moved him.

Talking is nice but buying tickets, filling seats and raising the tv ratings is what they really like...and from what I saw when I was watching how bored the fans in the stands looked, or how upset fans on this forum sounded I have a feeling there will be a lot of fans that will not put the effort in again next year if they keep it on the RC... which won't hurt my feelings any because I like the oval a lot better anyway.
alot of fans love the chaos through over in that turn the big one happen fans let out a huge roar they was excited.as for the long yellow yeah its getting boring but its not like fans are not use to them at plate tracks when the big one happens and those tracks are the big money makers for Nascar.

alot of fans love the chaos through over in that turn the big one happen fans let out a huge roar they was excited.as for the long yellow yeah its getting boring but its not like fans are not use to them at plate tracks when the big one happens and those tracks are the big money makers for Nascar.
20 percent higher than the day before and up from last year at the oval...bingo

Easy redesign
b4d792e47677eb61298d65c96500d2b5.jpg

nah Nascar has done plenty worse over the years at this point I think they love the chaos cause it gets people talking and thats all they care about.
That's it exactly. Look at how many comments this race thread has. They have no interest in being fair anymore because "fair" doesn't typically generate discussion. But this does.

A.J. Allmendinger just accomplished something that hasn't been done outside of Daytona in 35 years--win a race with a part-time team.

Only Trevor Bayne (2011 Daytona 500) has won with a part-time team since 1985. A handful of part-time drivers have won since then, but they did so while driving for full-time teams (such as Haley in 2019, Vickers in 2013, and Keselowski in 2009). There was also Tim Richmond, whose team ended up running part-time in 1987 but only because of his health issues.

But a true part-time team winning on a non-restrictor plate track? It used to be commonplace, but it hasn't happened at all in the last 3 1/2 decades.

A.J. Allmendinger just accomplished something that hasn't been done outside of Daytona in 35 years--win a race with a part-time team.

Only Trevor Bayne (2011 Daytona 500) has won with a part-time team since 1985. A handful of part-time drivers have won since then, but they did so while driving for full-time teams (such as Haley in 2019, Vickers in 2013, and Keselowski in 2009). There was also Tim Richmond, whose team ended up running part-time in 1987 but only because of his health issues.

But a true part-time team winning on a non-restrictor plate track? It used to be commonplace, but it hasn't happened at all in the last 3 1/2 decades.
While that is awesome, the first exciting holes of Jr league golf is much more exciting. :sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom