Cup RACE thread --- Indy Road Course

In 2014, Allmendinger earned the first (and still, only) Cup win for JTG-Daugherty Racing at Watkins Glen. 7 years later, almost to the day, he has now earned the first Cup win for Kaulig Racing at Indianapolis.

Erik Jones (7th) scored his best finish of the season and the best finish for the #43 outside of Daytona in about a year and a half, since Bubba Wallace drove that car to a 6th place finish at Las Vegas early in 2020.

Justin Haley (8th) earned Spire Motorsports' best-ever finish outside of Daytona. Corey LaJoie simultaneously earned the organization's 3rd-best non-plate finish (16th).

Austin Cindric (9th) earned his first career top 10 finish and gave us two part-time teams in the top 10.

Josh Bilicki (18th) scored the first-ever top 20 finish for a Rick Ware car outside of Daytona and Talladega.

That's it exactly. Look at how many comments this race thread has. They have no interest in being fair anymore because "fair" doesn't typically generate discussion. But this does.
1629074308550.png

does any have video of the 2nd to last restart
(#30?) i missed it with the switch. thanks

He's exactly right. Most of all, I hate it for the drivers themselves. Many have worked for a long time to get where they are, but instead of rewarding things like talent, hard work, and good strategy like NASCAR racing used to do, it's much more of a random circus act now.

This 1000x. I feel like the best drivers are going to start going to Indy. That ladder requires less $$$ and rewards talent better. Certainly one hellova role reversal compared to 15 years ago.

He's exactly right. Most of all, I hate it for the drivers themselves. Many have worked for a long time to get where they are, but instead of rewarding things like talent, hard work, and good strategy like NASCAR racing used to do, it's much more of a random circus act now.
Brad Keselowski warned everyone about this a few years ago.

This 1000x. I feel like the best drivers are going to start going to Indy. That ladder requires less $$$ and rewards talent better. Certainly one hellova role reversal compared to 15 years ago.
I guess you missed the Nashville street race :biggrin:

Its not that easy when you live in a trailer and travel to a different location every week. Even satellite doesn't work at times.
Can you get a streaming device that goes with you and as long as you have wifi you're set! That's my plan when I retire in 5 years and chase the weather and bands I like around the country.

They should have thrown the flag, and given Hamlin his spot back. Then, suspend his spotter because Lambert knew what was going on at least 10 seconds or so before he decided to try to drive through Denny. Pretty sure that he should have known when Lamber did. You can do the "Aw shucks," program all you want--that was bull****.
You screw a driver they screw you back. Simple

14 Wrecking the 11 was possibly a strategy if anyone wants to look at it from a ‘gotta make the playoffs’ point of view… IF Hamlin needs a win to get in at the last race, then it would be fun to look back at this race…

I don’t know where I stand on that one just yet if I believe that it was done in that context or not…

14 Wrecking the 11 was possibly a strategy if anyone wants to look at it from a ‘gotta make the playoffs’ point of view… IF Hamlin needs a win to get in at the last race, then it would be fun to look back at this race…

I don’t know where I stand on that one just yet if I believe that it was done in that context or not…
I think it was Pockrass that said Hamlin is in after this race.

I think it was Pockrass that said Hamlin is in after this race.
you’re correct!

I was thinking there was 3 more races until playoffs would start. It’s down to only 2, which does mean Hamlin is in…

scratch what i mentioned there. Would be an interesting scenario otherwise though lol

Can someone point me to somewhere that I can watch the last 4 laps of the race? I was DVRing the race and NBC, in another of their beyond infuriating moves switched the broadcast of the last 4 laps and post race interviews to NBCSN, which of course my DVR was not set to record on. I have Peacock premium and haven't been able to find it there nor have I been able to find those last 4 laps rebroadcast anywhere else on NBC or it's other networks.

Loved it. Denny got what’s coming to him. Handled it pretty good though. Was hoping he’d lose his ****. Just like 99% of this board did admit it or not.

And don’t act like you don’t enjoy this chaos when the race goes your way….🙄

Can someone point me to somewhere that I can watch the last 4 laps of the race? I was DVRing the race and NBC, in another of their beyond infuriating moves switched the broadcast of the last 4 laps and post race interviews to NBCSN, which of course my DVR was not set to record on. I have Peacock premium and haven't been able to find it there nor have I been able to find those last 4 laps rebroadcast anywhere else on NBC or it's other networks.

In 2014, Allmendinger earned the first (and still, only) Cup win for JTG-Daugherty Racing at Watkins Glen. 7 years later, almost to the day, he has now earned the first Cup win for Kaulig Racing at Indianapolis.

Erik Jones (7th) scored his best finish of the season and the best finish for the #43 outside of Daytona in about a year and a half, since Bubba Wallace drove that car to a 6th place finish at Las Vegas early in 2020.

Justin Haley (8th) earned Spire Motorsports' best-ever finish outside of Daytona. Corey LaJoie simultaneously earned the organization's 3rd-best non-plate finish (16th).

Austin Cindric (9th) earned his first career top 10 finish and gave us two part-time teams in the top 10.

Josh Bilicki (18th) scored the first-ever top 20 finish for a Rick Ware car outside of Daytona and Talladega.
Am I too late? “We looked it up so you don’t have to. The countdown has hit zero.....Green Flag Racing next on TNT! We Know Drama!”
1629117326468.jpeg

Gotta luv this one for AJ and Kaulig, so cool for them going into next year, and AJ checking a special one off the list.

No bad option to win this one in my book. Was pulling for Briscoe to get his 1st Cup win during the adventurous day, it's a great show of potential of what he can do on the road courses, been waiting to see it (confident he'll get there), by far his best drive of the season. Larson adding another road course win would have been unbelievable, who could have predicted he'd be dominating in this fashion on technical rc's? Hamlin putting an end to the winless drought this season would have been a satisfying breakthrough for that team (while locked up in a regular season points battle).

This is pretty good

Well confirmed what we all knew... “we owe them a stop and go in turn 10” was coming from Chase’s guys right? And if so, then he punted Denny. Not that I feel bad for Denny after the incident at Martinsville with Chase Elliott.

Well confirmed what we all knew... “we owe them a stop and go in turn 10” was coming from Chase’s guys right? And if so, then he punted Denny. Not that I feel bad for Denny after the incident at Martinsville with Chase Elliott.
now they want us to do a pass thru. Sounds pretty confusing to me. How do you do a stop and go in a turn?

Can you get a streaming device that goes with you and as long as you have wifi you're set! That's my plan when I retire in 5 years and chase the weather and bands I like around the country.
Yes and as data connectivity and availability gets better it is often possible to stream. We favor more remote camping opportunities and with that we often are in a location with poor or no service.

now they want us to do a pass thru. Sounds pretty confusing to me. How do you do a stop and go in a turn?
Maybe they wanted him to come into pit as he was the completing lap? Very chaotic choice of words as this sequence was going down

I can imagine at the moment that was said
Briscoe was totally focused on I get passed Hamlin in this turn
so I can see how it happened

20 20 hindsight says he should have not listened to the first command for a stop and go in 10, kept hammering it and do the pass thru...but they wouldn't let him back on the track after he pulled in to do the pass thru as it was. :idunno:

I think it would have been a hell of a lot better if he had shut off the radio, battle with Dinger for the race and let them sort it all out after the race :laugh::punkrocke

Back
Top Bottom