Cup RACE thread --- Indy road course

Chase will be okay. The man missed 7 races. It’s forgivable to miss the playoffs. This whole “win and you’re in” thing has created so much unnecessary pressure.

The 9 team is running better. That’s what’s important. They’ll get a win before the year is over. Either in the next two races. Or the final 10.
If they can take this performance to WG it’s gonna be amazing.

If they can take this performance to WG it’s gonna be amazing.
Wouldn’t remotely surprise if they win it. I feel like the same cars will be up front next week. Add in the 19.

SVG interview making me love him, hate his fans… in other words, I misdirected my aggression at him earlier.

SVG's fanboys did give us the hilarity of someone using SVG's iRacing score as proof that he could hop in and be competitive on Cup ovals immediately. They're annoying and shockingly uninformed.

NBC needs to get a grip on life. SVG has a win and 2 top tens in exactly *checks notes* 2 NASCAR Cup starts. Leave the man alone.

Making it sound like his life’s work is a failure cause he didn’t lead wire to wire and win today 😵‍💫

I doubt we have to worry about that, but that’s a good point

It was a question I had back when Smoke did the Double. In a full season points format, missing one race could tank your championship hopes. I feel like there's has to be a contingency plan in place. But I also don't know if the media would stick around for an extra day to accommodate the winner's NASCAR schedule.

NBC needs to get a grip on life. SVG has a win and 2 top tens in exactly *checks notes* 2 NASCAR Cup starts. Leave the man alone.

Making it sound like his life’s work is a failure cause he didn’t lead wire to wire and win today 😵‍💫
Reddit was acting like he’s Superman and would win every race. Today showed that expectations should be tempered, plus the IRP run showed he’s going to struggle on ovals at first.

What happens if Larson actually wins the Indy 500? Isn't there a ton of post race media? Does he just miss Charlotte and NASCAR gives him a waiver?
I think the Indy 500 started sooner and the Coke 600 started later when Smoke did the double.

I could see NASCAR pushing the 600 back just in case. And I think IMS would relax his media obligations.

But yes they’d give him a waiver. They’ve only ever denied a waiver because of lack of sponsorship.

The answer to this question is Hut Stricklin at the 1996 Southern 500. He didn't win but he finished 2nd to Jeff Gordon and led 143 laps. Before today, that was probably the most dominant performance by an under resourced team.

Reddit was acting like he’s Superman and would win every race. Today showed that expectations should be tempered, plus the IRP run showed he’s going to struggle on ovals at first.

It always amazes me that guys like Dale Jr. post on Reddit. Every time I go there, I read some of the most uninformed bull**** about NASCAR. If I were an actual NASCAR person, I would avoid that **** like the plague.

And don't get me started on NASCAR giving media credentials to Reddit mods.

Larson looked tired. Didn't get much sleep after getting the Knoxville Nats trophy at midnight last night.
We've got drivers traveling halfway around the world to be here, and Kylie is inconvenienced by his hobby....had to get up extra early to promote another series he would rather run in.

Absolute ass kicking by McDowell today..best raw road racer in this series. He's taken that **** car and made it a contender at every RC in the gen 7, and spanked em today.

SVG's radio: "Thanks guys, didn't quite have the pace but a top 10 is awesome"

CC: *something something* "great job, hopefully we have the chance to do this again"

SVG: "sounds good to me"

A bit later SVG: "I think whoever is behind me is...mad..I don't Even know who it is"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
How is that s *** car? I laugh everytime I hear people say that " they dont have good equpiment". These cars dont have s*** equipment. They might not have the engineers but HMS doesnt have anything better than Front Row equipment wise.

It always amazes me that guys like Dale Jr. post on Reddit. Every time I go there, I read some of the most uninformed bull**** about NASCAR. If I were an actual NASCAR person, I would avoid that **** like the plague.

And don't get me started on NASCAR giving media credentials to Reddit mods.
Not to mention all the “insiders” who just make up silly season rumors for clout.

What happens if Larson actually wins the Indy 500? Isn't there a ton of post race media? Does he just miss Charlotte and NASCAR gives him a waiver?
I'll tell you what doesn't happen. No burn outs, no fence climbing, no brick kissing. Get to the car elevator, put on the flowers, spill milk, do the hat dance in record time, while a team is holding open the golfcart path to the helipad, where the engines are running and the IVs are waiting. Do interviews by radio from the bird.

IMG_1719.jpeg

It’s been pretty strange not seeing Ford as a whole really factor in for much of the year. Then, just like that, you get two Chris Buescher wins followed up by a Michael McDowell win. Enjoy it Ford fans, y’all have had some good guys parking it lately.

Does Rousch do the engines for front row, if yes thats 3 in a row for the cat

It’s been pretty strange not seeing Ford as a whole really factor in for much of the year. Then, just like that, you get two Chris Buescher wins followed up by a Michael McDowell win. Enjoy it Ford fans, y’all have had some good guys parking it lately.
Then do you think it's too late for the "Does Ford Even Care Anymore?" thread?

McDowell is putting Front Row Motorsports on the map. It has been awesome to see him elevate that program. That team was Rick Ware before Rick Ware.

All this success by Ford is giving me hope that SHR can contend for wins these next couple of weeks & put themselves in the playoffs. It only takes one race where everything comes together & just like that, you're in the postseason.

Lol. -*points to Cali and WG*. Try again. And no I’m not letting it go. Especially WG given radio traffic.
He absolutely is not giving Chase a hard time anymore. It's happened all year this year, and he has been going out of his way to not touch Chase.

Kyle has referenced being on a few different occasions, and has specified, on multiple occasions that he "doesn't want to be in that position ever again"

So yeah, you're genuinely wrong here. Larson isn't touching Chase again after Watkins Glen. It's like probation.

I said what I said. I watch you come on here and declare Larson the fastest car every week that he doesn't sniff the lead and completely ignore it.
I point out the pace when it's there. Take it easy.

Hold your head up. Your boy will door someone out of the way for the win again.
Holy cow get a grip. Larson has nothing to do with anything today.

Chase's voice sounded shaky and like he was choked up during that interview, which is why I pointed it out and specified that at least it's a sign he still has some passion. I was not poking fun at him or mocking his finish lol

Imagine at the beginning of the season someone told you “Ford is gonna win 3 in a row from Richmond to Indy” and you would probably say “oh who were the drivers? Logano, Blaney, Harvick? Maybe Cindric or Briscoe at Indy?” And they said “no, Chris Buescher wins 2 in a row and then McDowell wins Indy”

Would’ve blown your mind.

Imagine at the beginning of the season someone told you “Ford is gonna win 3 in a row from Richmond to Indy” and you would probably say “oh who were the drivers? Logano, Blaney, Harvick? Maybe Cindric or Briscoe at Indy?” And they said “no, Chris Buescher wins 2 in a row and then McDowell wins Indy”

Would’ve blown your mind.
Still don't believe it.

And we were just saying Ford is out to lunch.

Back
Top Bottom