Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Wow, I didn't know the 78 will be no longer after this season. Just heard it when they came back from commercial. How can you go from being on top, to dismantling a great team???
Not enough funding and Barney doenst wasnt to go into debt to keep the team running in 2019

Wow, I didn't know the 78 will be no longer after this season. Just heard it when they came back from commercial. How can you go from being on top, to dismantling a great team so quickly???
Where have you been for the last week?

The people who said JGR will only be giving crappy stuff to FRR now got a point.

d0a.jpg

Its pretty ridiculous what is going on with them, but they are going to give it everything come next week.
If they had their two rounds of practice, they would of found out about the brake issue and been able to fix it, MTJ told Cole under the pace laps about the brakes not feeling right.

There is nothing wrong or boring about this. It's good, hard, challenging racing. It is also a better oval race than the modern version of the Indy 500, and I say that as an open wheel fan. The only technical adjustments that would make it better would be losing the tapered spacer to create even more power, and reducing side force. The broadcast would be better if the booth could let the race breathe and stop trying to create this phony manic feel about every little moment.

Sorry to go off topic here, but If there's anyone here who is from the Carolinas stay safe, y'all are gonna get a pounding from Florence. I'm from Florida, I know exactly what monster canes like Florence can do

Just don't throw the entire car at the wall, not sure its gonna stick

Not a good day for Bubba

And another team to have brake issues

The fight for the lead must not be interesting enough to show?

They're so locked into their pre-programmed segments that they can't be bothered. "Now it's time to mosey our way back through the field."

Wow, I didn't know the 78 will be no longer after this season. Just heard it when they came back from commercial. How can you go from being on top, to dismantling a great team so quickly???

Apparently, JGR is nearly doubling the cost of a technical alliance next year.

I love Bubba, and I don't want to see him keep getting turned into a crash test dummy by poor brakes, that's why Bubba needs to leave RPM as soon as he gets a chance to run in competitive equipment

Apparently, JGR is nearly doubling the cost of a technical alliance next year.
And the other part of it, because of that, Barney said he would have to borrow more money to stay at the same level they are this year
Lack of track time is showing, CC's have not had a chance to see what kind of braking package they need for the weekend.
Yes it is, track time is very important, but at the same time, it also shows how much of the setups are done at the race shops and the track time is really more for just dialing it in/fine tuning it.

Really, flat-footing it around 20+ MPH slower requires less use of brakes and test of braking performance?

Back
Top Bottom