Cup RACE thread --- Indy

To be fair, if it happens to the leader of the race a caution should be thrown immediately. There's absolutely no way that doing it this way is fair regardless of who's involved.

Can you though? That's as split of a decision as you can have.

Larson should move to the outside position 200 feet from the go zone?

No. The rules were applied correctly.

This makes no sense and you know it. Blaney controls the restart in the restart zone, Larson should have waited for him to go before he did so. It doesn't matter what lane the leader is in, he controls the restart.

Larson should move to the outside position 200 feet from the go zone?

No. The rules were applied correctly.

I think the knee jerk reaction comes from Larson beating him to the line. Which, IIRC is okay, as long as you don't jump it in the restart zone. It looks like he accelerated a little bit early. But the whole thing was so instantaneous, I can live with it lololol 😬

He can move to where he moved to, that’s not the issue. The issue is Ryan should be the control car in the situation still.
Exactly lol. What is so hard about this?

Looks like kissing the bricks is still a coveted experience.
My ears are still melting from listening to Blaneys live radio.
There may be more running out of gas.
C'mon #9, was 17th a lap or two ago . now 10th.

Well, they’re not getting the prescripted Dennis story line so the “Larson gets redemption for May!” will have to do. 🙄🤣
No doubt about it.

If Hamlin doesn't get penalized at Richmond, you all are preaching to the choir calling for a penalty with the story line at stake here lol

Well, they’re not getting the prescripted Dennis story line so the “Larson gets redemption for May!” will have to do. 🙄🤣
Not to be that guy. But guaranteed Larson is getting the benefit of the doubt on the restart for that reason.

If Todd Gilliland or someone does the same thing it’s a penalty.

Can you though? That's as split of a decision as you can have.
I mean they've proven a thousand times they do whatever they want whenever they want so I don't see why something as important as this isn't prioritized. At a completely lane sensitive track like this the guy in 2nd who becomes the new leader is put at a total disadvantage. Hell I'd say taking the time to get that right makes more sense than 5 GWC's to end a race

No one has given up the lead on any restart this race, so it should be in Larson's control. Let's not have a choke job here please.

Back
Top Bottom