Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Either 2 or 3 weeks depending on who you ask 😜
I don't think anyone even said the next one is in 2 weeks. Some people just can't wrap their head around the fact 2 weeks without a race is a 2 week break. Cause by the logic they are using, most races have a 1 week break since it's a week between each race most of the time.

I realize this post is probably a joke, but like its honestly annoying that some people can't just accept that lol.

I don't think anyone even said the next one is in 2 weeks. Some people just can't wrap their head around the fact 2 weeks without a race is a 2 week break. Cause by the logic they are using, most races have a 1 week break since it's a week between each race most of the time.

I realize this post is probably a joke, but like its honestly annoying that some people can't just accept that lol.
In dog years it is 21 days.

I wonder how many drivers will study this and be prepared for next year. Could change thing up how the track is run
Harvick asked the same thing on a clip I posted. Larson said they were all saving fuel and he wasn't. The slower speeds he/they were going made it possible to run different lines.

I wonder how many drivers will study this and be prepared for next year. Could change thing up how the track is run
Larson had 30+ less laps on his tires in addition to not having to save gas. Same as Reddick. Both of them passed quite a few cars, Larson two more than Reddick.

Larson had 30+ less laps on his tires in addition to not having to save gas. Same as Reddick. Both of them passed quite a few cars, Larson two more than Reddick.
Larson said it was almost impossible to pass when they were all at speed. He said the same thing about driving the Indycar. It's a miserable hard track to race on. He said he felt like he was going faster in the Cup car than the Indycar. He said the Indycars were so stuck down that it was easy at 240 or so compared to 180, 190 in a Cup car. That speed in a Cup car was on edge.

Folks needed this break.

I hope they enjoy it.
Things get a little crazy at RF with the downtime, some crazy threads get started.

I recommemd focusing on the wardrobes of the wimmins in the olympics. The wimmins beach volleyball, the wimmins aero swimsuits and so forth....

Absolutely got this from running the Indy 500. Those were IndyCar passes.

Field will learn this and we will see more passing next year imo

Up to that point, tire advantages didn't allow for passing. Also, Reddick was in p13 when Larson was p19 that run. Larson passed 5 cars to close the gap from 19th to Reddick's p13, then passed him. Watching the onboard, Larson wasnt really diving like that all race.

There was definitely context, for sure, but he figured something out there that no one else did. Reddick even said that he learned from Larsons moves and started doing the same. Reddick was stuck in p13.

To be honest, I don’t know how I’ll get through the three (or two) week break. I need my racing! Heck, even the local track is off next weekend. I guess I could watch old races on Youtube, but which races do I watch?

Interestingly, regarding Larson jumping the restart, Hamlin looked at it via SMT on his podcast.

Apparently they fired off at exactly the same time. Larson even lifted after rolling up next to Blaney.

Interestingly, regarding Larson jumping the restart, Hamlin looked at it via SMT on his podcast.

Apparently they fired off at exactly the same time. Larson even lifted after rolling up next to Blaney.
Good for Hamlin, but listening to the man himself is better. In this clip he explains how he was able to make the passing moves that he was able to do and he commented about the last restart and said they took off at the same time.

Dear Mrs. Larson, Maybe that short skirt wasn't the best choice for a place where you kiss the bricks. Yes, You looked good in it but you really had to work your butt off to prevent "show and tell".
Thanks for posting the heads up. I usually don't watch the post race yada yada but thankfully there is the DVR: It was a glorious and soul touching moment.

I missed the post race also and my DVR stayed with NBC local news after the race was moved to USA, so unfortunately I never got to see the "show and tell" moment. :(

I think the field will also be mindful of the moves he was pulling and be more prepared to defend next year. A lot of those passes were made really late on corner entry when the guy ahead wasn’t anticipating it, and you can see they try to block it at the last second.

How do you defend when the other guy clearly has a better car?
The late set up on the 5 was better than everyone else. He was waiting on everyone else in the corner. No matter what line they ran he would have found a way around them.

I missed the post race also and my DVR stayed with NBC local news after the race was moved to USA, so unfortunately I never got to see the "show and tell" moment. :(
There was no moment. She did a masterful job making sure it didnt happen.

How do you defend when the other guy clearly has a better car?
The late set up on the 5 was better than everyone else. He was waiting on everyone else in the corner. No matter what line they ran he would have found a way around them.
There were other guys in good cars on the same fuel level and tire life who struggled to pass anywhere near as well as Larson, or even at all. I think him understanding both the aero platform and how to lull a guy into a sense of security and set up a pass both played a part into how well he moved his way up. I think in the same situation again it would just be tougher and take longer.

21 day thing, I guess this is as good a spot as any to post it here. How teams are handling their break. Some are all in some not.

Back
Top Bottom