Cup RACE thread --- Indy

2 weekends but 3 weeks in terms of weekdays before the next race
The way I look at it is like this

Say you work only on say, Friday. So you work Friday, you're off the next Friday, and then the Friday after, you're back at work. You had a 1 week break from work. Same logic applies here. They race on Sunday(sometimes Saturday for a night race maybe), so they got a two week break. You don't call the week between races normally a 1 week break..

The way I look at it is like this

Say you work only on say, Friday. So you work Friday, you're off the next Friday, and then the Friday after, you're back at work. You had a 1 week break from work. Same logic applies here. They race on Sunday(sometimes Saturday for a night race maybe), so they got a two week break. You don't call the week between races normally a 1 week break..
They should just say, See you in XX days 😬

The 28th is one week off, the 4th is a second week off.. that’s two weeks. The next they race…. So that’s not a 3rd week of a break.
3 weeks till the next race. Or 2 Scaramuccis if you prefer that. 😎

3 weeks till the next race. Or 2 Scaramuccis if you prefer that. 😎
All I was saying was, I thought it was a 2 week break as in 2 weeks off, me, you, and AU24 just words it differently, which is fine. We're all right in the way we look at it.

That’s awesome for the fans. I’d be over the moon if I got a pic or autograph from JG. I’m 39 years old, not much makes me feel like a kid but either of those would do it.

Reactions: Pat
Dear Mrs. Larson, Maybe that short skirt wasn't the best choice for a place where you kiss the bricks. Yes, You looked good in it but you really had to work your butt off to prevent "show and tell".
Thanks for posting the heads up. I usually dont watch the post race yada yada but thankfully there is the DVR: It was a glorious and soul touching moment.

Lets say today is “x” and next Sunday when they’d normally race is “y”, but we aren’t racing on “y”. So then assume the Sunday after that is “z”, but we aren’t racing on “z” either. So then we have the Sunday after “z” which we’ll call “a”. So assume the distance from “x” to “y” is 7 days, as is the distance from “y” to “z” and again from “z” to “a”. Keep in mind that a week is 7, so we’ll say that “x”, “y”, “z” and “a” by themselves is 7. “x” already happened, so we’ll leave that out of the equation, so…

(y+z+a)/7=b

b=The number of weeks worth of break these guys get.

Make sense??

Lets say today is “x” and next Sunday when they’d normally race is “y”, but we aren’t racing on “y”. So then assume the Sunday after that is “z”, but we aren’t racing on “z” either. So then we have the Sunday after “z” which we’ll call “a”. So assume the distance from “x” to “y” is 7 days, as is the distance from “y” to “z” and again from “z” to “a”. Keep in mind that a week is 7, so we’ll say that “x”, “y”, “z” and “a” by themselves is 7. “x” already happened, so we’ll leave that out of the equation, so…

(y+z+a)/7=b

Make sense??
Well, duh. Now that you put it like that....🤷‍♂️

(y+z+a)/7=b

Make sense??
Your cat posted that.

(y+z+a)/7=b

Make sense??
I failed algebra. Multiple times

Indy is the ultimate oval test of driver skill and car capability. Long straights, low-banked corners, not super sexy and easy to pass, but it’s not supposed to be.
But….”Muh Entertainment!!” They’re gonna be upset when the season resumes as the first race back is….Richmond. Not a good few weeks for the Muh Entertainment Crew.

I love when the Larson and Elliott fans battle it out. I’m a big fan of both guys but y’all are entertaining.

More NASCAR inconsistent BS. I do recall a similar incident though at Pocono last year with the 41 car. He crashed with 2 to go in the tunnel turn and they waited a long time to throw the flag then too. But sometimes they’ll throw it before a single car spin has even fully played out. In my opinion NASCAR’s inconsistency in race control, mid-week penalties, etc. is the biggest negative in the sport today.

I love when the Larson and Elliott fans battle it out. I’m a big fan of both guys but y’all are entertaining.

More NASCAR inconsistent BS. I do recall a similar incident though at Pocono last year with the 41 car. He crashed with 2 to go in the tunnel turn and they waited a long time to throw the flag then too. But sometimes they’ll throw it before a single car spin has even fully played out. In my opinion NASCAR’s inconsistency in race control, mid-week penalties, etc. is the biggest negative in the sport today.

Elliott has grown on me over the years, so it's kinda tough to fully engage in that.

Pissed off Chase is wildly entertaining though. So the more he gets hosed, the more I pay attention

Well, here is the deal, a quote from Elton John... err, I mean Sawyer:

But Sawyer explained NASCAR was caught in a tough position there and couldn’t really change its decision.

“So we had already gone through the choose process, so we were coming to green when the 6 pulled off, which allowed the 5 to pull up, which transferred the control vehicle to the 12,” Sawyer said. “And this all happens fairly quick there. So hindsight, I think we still let it play out the way it did. We’ll discuss that more. If we had thrown the caution hypothetically we wouldn’t have gone through a choose process again. The 12 would have been the control vehicle, but he wouldn’t have got lane choice. That’s the way the rule’s written.”

Again, because Larson jumped the restart, similar to what Majewski did on Friday, he should have had a pass through or gone to the back of the longest line. Irrelevant as to Majewski jumping the start by half a vehicle. On replaying that restart, Larson had the 12 by half a fender all the way through the start zone.

I've got a couple of IndyCar races I haven't seen on Peacock. Next Saturday night, ARCA is at Salem. Next Sunday, there's F1 if you're truly jonesing. A week later, IMSA is at Road America. And that's not counting the straight-line and two-wheeled stuff.

What drought?

There was way more after this. Wonder why that wasn't included.

Well, here is the deal, a quote from Elton John... err, I mean Sawyer:

But Sawyer explained NASCAR was caught in a tough position there and couldn’t really change its decision.

“So we had already gone through the choose process, so we were coming to green when the 6 pulled off, which allowed the 5 to pull up, which transferred the control vehicle to the 12,” Sawyer said. “And this all happens fairly quick there. So hindsight, I think we still let it play out the way it did. We’ll discuss that more. If we had thrown the caution hypothetically we wouldn’t have gone through a choose process again. The 12 would have been the control vehicle, but he wouldn’t have got lane choice. That’s the way the rule’s written.”

Again, because Larson jumped the restart, similar to what Majewski did on Friday, he should have had a pass through or gone to the back of the longest line. Irrelevant as to Majewski jumping the start by half a vehicle. On replaying that restart, Larson had the 12 by half a fender all the way through the start zone.
It was CLOSE, but under those particular circumstances, I think a no call was the right call. Same goes for the final caution. I think you DO officiate the race a little differently when it's the last lap or you are in overtime. Nobody gives NASCAR more crap over officiating than I do, but sometimes you have to swallow the whistle and try to let things play out naturally. I think NASCAR desperately wanted to avoid throwing that final caution, and I don't blame them. The whole GWC deal EXISTS to try to prevent what ended up happening anyway, a winner taking the checkers under caution. The car wasn't in the racing groove, and I think NASCAR held off until it became obvious that the car was not gonna move. Unlike the Elliot and Keselowski call, I think they got the final two calls correct.

Back
Top Bottom