Cup RACE thread --- Indy

There was way more after this. Wonder why that wasn't included.

I wish we could see what they were told. Because Chase WAS on the racing surface. But he said NASCAR said they can't go on the racing surface, which he claims he didn't do, but that's what he did.

And at the same time, he said that the sheet they were given says they can go on the racing surface in that part of the track.

I am curious if the sheet showed that you can go outside of that first line, and he missunderstood how that looked on the race track.

HMS is usually onboard with each other so it is a bit concerning that Larson didn't shoot up onto the track like Elliott did right behind him.

I wonder if this "sheet" only showed that initial line drivers can go over without actually showing the second line that separates the apron from the racing surface and Elliott mistook that as being able to go on the racing surface. Don't know.

Now if someone wants to show me a story that says 3 week break, but something tells me it’s not possible.

It's 3 weeks worth of days that I don't have to give a damn about NASCAR. Everyone else can call it whatever they want lol.
And I had said this, I said everyone just call it what they want, because I legit thought when you said 3 week break it was 3 off weeks. Once I found out I was correct in thinking it was 2 off weeks, I’m like cool whatever.

but then Clutch had to come back in and say something, so I wanted to just shut everyone up telling me I’m wrong with actual proof that it’s being called what I called it.

All I was saying was, I thought it was a 2 week break as in 2 weeks off, me, you, and AU24 just words it differently, which is fine. We're all right in the way we look at it.
See. Right here, this is where I said we all word it differently, and that’s fine.

What date is 2 weeks from today?
That’s now how breaks work lmao. I posted a story, I can post more that says two week break. XD yes it’s 3 weeks til the next race. But they are only on BREAK for 2 of those. You wouldn’t go back to work after 2 days off and call it a 3 day break would you?

There's a race between each race....except in this case there's 3 weeks between races.

1721658682728.png

I just wonder if anyone claiming it’s a 3 week break, always say “well 1 week break til the next race!” 🤣🤣🤣 between races most of the time!

I just wonder if anyone claiming it’s a 3 week break, always say “well 1 week break til the next race!” 🤣🤣🤣 between races most of the time!
I wonder if this is the silliest thing we've gotten wrapped around since 'NASCAR on Mars', and I ask that as the self-proclaimed King of Pedantics around here.

I wonder if this is the silliest thing we've gotten wrapped around since 'NASCAR on Mars', and I ask that as the self-proclaimed King of Pedantics around here.
I mean, maybe. I just know I was willing to drop it til others tried to make me feel like an idiot.

I wish we could see what they were told. Because Chase WAS on the racing surface. But he said NASCAR said they can't go on the racing surface, which he claims he didn't do, but that's what he did.

And at the same time, he said that the sheet they were given says they can go on the racing surface in that part of the track.

I am curious if the sheet showed that you can go outside of that first line, and he missunderstood how that looked on the race track.

HMS is usually onboard with each other so it is a bit concerning that Larson didn't shoot up onto the track like Elliott did right behind him.

I wonder if this "sheet" only showed that initial line drivers can go over without actually showing the second line that separates the apron from the racing surface and Elliott mistook that as being able to go on the racing surface. Don't know.
During driver briefings they have videos about how they are supposed to re-enter the track surface when coming off of pit lane. They have briefings about it every race.

Chase had all four wheels over the exit coming out of T1 and got knocked for it. Bob Pockcrass usually posts the video shown on social media as well for reference later on.

During driver briefings they have videos about how they are supposed to re-enter the track surface when coming off of pit lane. They have briefings about it every race.

Chase had all four wheels over the exit coming out of T1 and got knocked for it. Bob Pockcrass usually posts the video shown on social media as well for reference later on.
Well, either Chase and Brad are idiots for misunderstanding it, or NASCAR is a bunch of idiots for not not making it absolutely clear. One or the other. Being that the broadcast booth didn't know, and nobody on the 6 or 24 teams seemed to know the correct answer after the penalty, my guess is NASCAR. If NASCAR is using the term "racing line" that is almost purposely vague. It would have been a LOT easier to just say don't go above the second white line. For that matter, why even let them go above the first line?

Goodness …

Rookie reaction. This stuff burns energy and shifts focus.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
More wasted energy.

I wrongly assumed that drivers at the Cup level knew the rules of the game.

All I was saying was, I thought it was a 2 week break as in 2 weeks off, me, you, and AU24 just words it differently, which is fine. We're all right in the way we look at it.
See @StandOnIt this is where I’m ending it, saying it’s just a misunderstanding basically on how we word it differently, all good, we’re all right.
21 days sounds an awful lot like 3 weeks.
This came after that. At that point I was pissed because I TRIED to end it. So I said **** it, and posted PROOF it’s being called a two week break by NASCAR themselves.

They are going to have to paint a big white Elliott arc line coming out of turn two for sparkle britches next year. It's Nascar's only solution lol. Meanwhile Kez hasn't said a peep from doing the same thing.
Brad did complain on his radio and mentioned the same email Chase did…

Chase obviously screwed up. My whole point in sharing it on here was I found the meltdown humorous almost considering he's seen as having the excitement of grass growing. I figured the haters would especially enjoy the video. :idunno:

Chase obviously screwed up. My whole point in sharing it on here was I found the meltdown humorous almost considering he's seen as having the excitement of grass growing. I figured the haters would especially enjoy the video. :idunno:
Elliott goes from Zero to 1,000 in a heartbeat. We all know that. It's nothing new. In this case he was dead wrong. Turning Hamlin on the straight...dead wrong. Harvick? I think he had a point, Hamlin at M'Ville, he should have decked him.

I love when he blows up. You've heard me say this a bunch of times, but I think it's awesome that the most popular driver in the sport can fly off the handle.

Larson was asked about the rule in the presser and cleared some things up.

He said the entire team was confused about the rule on Friday, and the drivers were talking about it in a group text, giving Chad feedback, etc.

Larson said the letter was sent out on Saturday And he said that his understanding of the rule, for that letter was that you can straddle the white line but not have your right side tires completely over it. He also said that Chase went way over it and immediately thought the 9 car would be penalized and seemed surprised that Elliott went that far over it.

Larson was asked about the rule in the presser and cleared some things up.

He said the entire team was confused about the rule on Friday, and the drivers were talking about it in a group text, giving Chad feedback, etc.

Larson said the letter was sent out on Saturday And he said that his understanding of the rule, for that letter was that you can straddle the white line but not have your right side tires completely over it. He also said that Chase went way over it and immediately thought the 9 car would be penalized and seemed surprised that Elliott went that far over it.
Left side tires. Everything is located from the driver seat.

Back
Top Bottom