Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

I think somebody's losing their job over that deal because ratcliff on the radio said he sent six over and somebody can't count

You know, I thought he was taking a jab at NASCAR. He was referring to his crew?

I don't think the team can give him the car to work his magic this year, there seems to be a bit of fustration like 2011. But if they do, he'll handle that Jimmie like Carl, Brad, Tony, KB, Larson or like anyone else would..by getting out drove lolol
He might not have the car but when its 30 to go and strategy time in Miami Ill take Chad an Jimmie over Cole/MTJ any day of the week. I feel like Jimmie wasnt the best car or team last year and they still ended up with a Championship. If he wins Martinsville or Texas, he'll be in everyone's head I would venture to say.

He might not have the car but when its 30 to go and strategy time in Miami Ill take Chad an Jimmie over Cole/MTJ any day of the week. I feel like Jimmie wasnt the best car or team last year and they still ended up with a Championship. If he wins Martinsville or Texas, he'll be in everyone's head I would venture to say.

I think the 48 like last year will need a break to win if he is in the final four. Don't give it to him or he will for sure win it. I never bet against the 48, maybe a couple years from now I might, but not now.

Like yesterday, spins twice crappy car, they gather it up and find they need 14th or better..done. We heard the scream when he missed the wreck, the determination was there despite all of the problems before that happened.

Like yesterday, spins twice crappy car, they gather it up and find they need 14th or better..done. We heard the scream when he missed the wreck, the determination was there despite all of the problems before that happened.
He got lucky he isn’t a threat at all .. maybe he can make it to homestead but no way in hell he out running the 18 or 78

you haven't been around long enough..not being an ass, but he can drive a car thru a wreck better than anybody on the track.
It don’t matter how long I been around.. I watched last year.. dude got so lucky and this year his car isn’t even as good as last year lol.. all this never count him out is over lol.. you can’t keep living in the past.. nobody is beating Truex or Busch this year.. Jimmie did nothing special yesterday but got lucky lol..

He just turns a bad day into a good day and in this format you can still at least make it to Miami and once there anything can happen. You are so correct, the determination of that team is what sets them apart from everyone else.

Ok lol just watch
Well if I may humbly disagree..... pop in a tape ( YouTube) from last year's Miami race and you tell me if thats living in the past. The Guy is always there with a chance to win, the team puts him in that position and they capitalize. The track record is there, 7 times exactly, the dude is money when the chips are on the table.

I think the 48 like last year will need a break to win if he is in the final four. Don't give it to him or he will for sure win it. I never bet against the 48, maybe a couple years from now I might, but not now.
Totally agree, they're going to get 8 and if not this year they're a threat every year. They are still running at a high level.

Totally agree, they're going to get 8 and if not this year they're a threat every year. They are still running at a high level.

that is the main reason that motivates them IMO. They aren't going to race harder then necessary and haven't all year long. But it's go time now.

that is the main reason that motivates them IMO. They aren't going to race harder then necessary and haven't all year long. But it's go time now.

I agree that the 48 should never be counted out.

All they needed was a shot at Miami and now here it is, the 48 is so money at Martinsville and more so at Texas. Im not counting them out ever, regardless of the points system or how they have ran during the year. If they are in the Round of 8 I'll bet on them everytime.

All they needed was a shot at Miami and now here it is, the 48 is so money at Martinsville and more so at Texas. Im not counting them out ever, regardless of the points system or how they have ran during the year. If they are in the Round of 8 I'll bet on them everytime.
The way the points fall now, all of them with the exception of Truex are in the same boat points wise. Even win less Elliott is sitting in the same spot as the rest of them. Martinsville is going to be wild.

I don't care how bad they're running or if he hasn't won a race since early in the season, JJ and Knaus are the kings of doing what they have to do. They never say die and if you give them a small window of opportunity they will take advantage of it. While he's not my pick for taking it all, I just can't count him out.

Look at 22 in 14 or 15 whenever that was at homested the year he would of had it all

It don’t matter how long I been around.. I watched last year.. dude got so lucky and this year his car isn’t even as good as last year lol.. all this never count him out is over lol.. you can’t keep living in the past.. nobody is beating Truex or Busch this year.. Jimmie did nothing special yesterday but got lucky lol..

That isn't the point. They don't have the speed, you are right. But these guys are right too, in that you haven't been around long enough to truly get it. It is like the Pats.

It isn't about whether or not they get it done. It isn't about them doing the impossible..it's just realizing how good that team is. How well they can execute, and how confident the team, and Jimmie is. Parallels to Tom Brady in terms of confidence. He's had 10th place speed for two years and still has won just as many races as Kyle Busch the last two seasons.

Put Jimmie near the front in a clutch situation, loosen the chassis, four fresh tires, and he will find you those extra three tenths and get it done.

Most clutch driver, most clutch team we have ever seen in the sport. That's the point. 2006, 2009, and 2013 were the only titles they were the fastest car all year long.

That isn't the point. They don't have the speed, you are right. But these guys are right too, in that you haven't been around long enough to truly get it. It is like the Pats.

It isn't about whether or not they get it done. It isn't about them doing the impossible..it's just realizing how good that team is. How well they can execute, and how confident the team, and Jimmie is. Parallels to Tom Brady in terms of confidence. He's had 10th place speed for two years and still has won just as many races as Kyle Busch the last two seasons.

Put Jimmie near the front in a clutch situation, loosen the chassis, four fresh tires, and he will find you those extra three tenths and get it done.

Most clutch driver, most clutch team we have ever seen in the sport. That's the point. 2006, 2009, and 2013 were the only titles they were the fastest car all year long.
You wrote all that and like I said this isn’t past years.. I can see with my own eyes he isn’t winning this year.. he should be out now , once again he got lucky Sunday.. instead of y’all praising his driving skills y’all need Gibbs praising how damn lucky this dude is.. he didn’t do anything that anybody else couldn’t do Sunday but get lucky lol.. he still can’t believe he won that championship last year he knows that was some fluky stuff...

nice to see you put in the time on the research instead of ya ya ya. Some have just appeared when the Toyota's have had their time in the sun. Pure luck last year right? :rolleyes: 7 time is a fluke winner. :D over the hill. Win em all Truex but the last race is the one that counts with this format. that is the one Jimmie won last year.

You wrote all that and like I said this isn’t past years.. I can see with my own eyes he isn’t winning this year.. he should be out now , once again he got lucky Sunday.. instead of y’all praising his driving skills y’all need Gibbs praising how damn lucky this dude is.. he didn’t do anything that anybody else couldn’t do Sunday but get lucky lol.. he still can’t believe he won that championship last year he knows that was some fluky stuff...
In racing and anything else really, you have to be in the position to take advantage of luck. He could've wadded up the car in the spin and been done but he kept it intact and was able to capitalize on others' misfortune. That isn't exactly luck IMO.

Many of us watched them win 5 championships in a row... The number of years that he was the championship favorite are fewer then the number of championships he has won. I told you last week I was confident Kyle Busch would advance, I'm just as confident if any driver gives that 48 half a chance, they will advance and be a serious contender yet again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...er-drivers-dont-count-out-jimmie-johnson/amp/
Old news at this point, but still relevant because he's survived two more rounds then some thought he would. Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick echo what many of us here think.

I can assure everyone here that no tears were shed when they parked the 20 car.

Karma.

Thats the whole point... he turns that luck into championships. He wasnt knocked out due to luck and now you better believe that hes a threat to win it.

In racing and anything else really, you have to be in the position to take advantage of luck. He could've wadded up the car in the spin and been done but he kept it intact and was able to capitalize on others' misfortune. That isn't exactly luck IMO.

Many of us watched them win 5 championships in a row... The number of years that he was the championship favorite are fewer then the number of championships he has won. I told you last week I was confident Kyle Busch would advance, I'm just as confident if any driver gives that 48 half a chance, they will advance and be a serious contender yet again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...er-drivers-dont-count-out-jimmie-johnson/amp/
Old news at this point, but still relevant because he's survived two more rounds then some thought he would. Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick echo what many of us here think.
and just the fact that 2 title favorites are talking about Jimmie when HMS as a whole has proven this year they dont have the speed of TRD/JGR proves he's in their head. The most clutch athlete of my life time would be Jordan followed by Tiger Woods( pre-cheating on Elin) Tom Brady is next Jimmie might just be 4th, I havent seen anything like it since those guys.

Brady led 3 80 yard drives in the last 5 minutes of the Super Bowl and overtime, while coming back from a 28-3 deficit and being sacked 7 times. Jimmie is undisputibly without question the GOAT, but he won by process of elimination. Carl Edwards decided to spin himself out in front of Logano and take them both out of it, and this only happened because NASCAR threw the phantom debris caution to end all phantom debris cautions. Jimmie is the goat because of everything else he's done, not a fluky ass set of occurrences at the Homestead bowl. He has nowhere near the pace of the Toyotas or the 4, but if they get killed driving to Homestead I guess he has a chance lol

Ratcliff calls for 7 guys over the wall @ the 3: 19 mark for Kenseth. Changes it to 6 and the 7th guy comes anyway. Couldn't keep his hands off the car I guess.

First time people ever cheered for him.

Brad Keselowski leads 300+ laps, has 0.3 on everyone. 48 runs 3-5 the entire race, but gets those fresh tires and got it done in 20 laps.

Brad was in shock in the post race interview, his hands were literally shaking, I remember. That's Jimmie Johnson, Bruh.

My buddy was sending me updates cause I was working. Sent me a video update with 12 to go. He was recording his TV and goes "12 to go, Brad has lead over 300 laps by over 6 seconds, and look who his behind him" and he turns to the TV and it's the bumper cam of the 2, completely filled up with the nose of the 48. I started cracking up lolol. It was very dues ex machina-comic booky funny

Can somebody get jaqua to take Rick Allen's place in the commentary booth... STAT! :D

Every time they showed that car, it was sideways lol. Now you are writing off his success as luck and fluke. Again, it isn't about whether they do, or don't get it done. No one here is saying he is going to win, I am not sure why you are ignoring that point. You haven't seen this team do what they do for 12, 13, 14 years like others here have. You DON'T understand the effect that has on the competition, and presence that team has over the sport, and it's fans. You haven't watched your favorite driver get his ass kicked behind the wheel and made to look like an Xfinity driver against the 48 team for 10+ years...everyone, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, even Kyle Busch all weren't even close. That race team has been hilariously better than everyone, over the last 15 years, and even more so in the chase that you just don't count them out. Again, I don't think he wins this year either.

Can somebody get jaqua to take Rick Allen's place in the commentary booth... STAT! :D

Make it happen!!

Rick Allen is the worst thing to happen to NASCAR. Period.

Last edited:
nice to see you put in the time on the research instead of ya ya ya. Some have just appeared when the Toyota's have had their time in the sun. Pure luck last year right? :rolleyes: 7 time is a fluke winner. :D over the hill. Win em all Truex but the last race is the one that counts with this format. that is the one Jimmie won last year.

It's crazy lol. I remember he made a post once, a few months ago, saying how in less than a year as a fan, he's done his research and knows more than most fans who have been around 10s of years, which explains the ignorance towards the 48 team. So, that's what we're dealing with here.

I mean, writing off the 48 team when they are still active in the points is like saying Lebron James isn't gonna be the best player on the floor tonight.

He may not have the best stat line (rarely), but he's still the best player.

DM2fnIIXcAA0F7J

48 is done bottom line.. idc bout the past and this and that.. he is done.. what he did last Sunday wasn’t driving idc what anyone saying that was pure luck.. his championship was pure luck last year.. his run is over.

Back
Top Bottom