Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Chase and Gustafson have found something, that’s for sure. If you told me that his first three wins would come in a cluster like this on a road course, a miler, and a 1.5er I would’ve laughed at you.

I really enjoyed this one! Clean racing and came out with a good group of playoff teams!

This system sucks ass. No way around it. Especially when they race the same teams every single week.
yep the drama sucks IMO, instead of having all of the individual races for the guys continuing to race for higher positions until the end of the season, you have a whole bunch of nothing and the final 8.

Chase winning and Brad going out was the ideal scenario tor the 9 team points wise. Woulda been better if the 78 got bounced but it'll do.

Kyle Busch just blamed lapped cars for him not winning in his press conference.

What happened to PURE TALENT?
Man I know Chase just won but we all know who the odds on favortie for the championship is. There is no one better than KB right now.

Man I know Chase just won but we all know who the odds on favortie for the championship is. There is no one better than KB right now.
I love having fun when I have that rare upper hand, but Kyle will be champ. The 4 will outrun him but find a way to choke on pit road.

Chase winning and Brad going out was the ideal scenario tor the 9 team points wise. Woulda been better if the 78 got bounced but it'll do.
I’m honestly not worried about 78. It’s painfully obvious that once Gibbs pulled their data sharing even Cole Pearn can’t get them in the 4 and 18’s class.

I think Harvick is the clear favorite but it's probably a coin toss. The penalty lost him Dover. Chase was better than him before the penalty today, but the 4 to me is the front runner if they execute.

Apparently it wasn't a penalty because it wasn't on the outside of the pit box, it was to the left. But it still looks like it left the pit box so isn't that removing equipment?
I thought it was within arm's length regardless, so that's news to me

Don’t know what he said on radio, but Kyle Busch’s tv interview was very class and no whining.
Mostly just that he was tight and that the 9 had been the same or better then them when they tested at Kansas

Don’t know what he said on radio, but Kyle Busch’s tv interview was very class and no whining.
Yeah, it was, interesting , a tale of two Kyle's now.

Gustafson was pretty vocal about how good their Kansas test was the last few weeks so they must've really hit it.

What? Harvick has been more competitive for wins and if the last 3 weeks reminded us anything its that speed alone won’t win the race. Speed, and right time right place.

There is absolutely no shoe-in for the championship right now.

12 team was right. Way to ****** go NASCAR. Blaney is in the final 8 if this call isn't missed.

It's a B.S. penalty, the tire is innocent. If the tire gets in anybodies way of getting out of their pit or rolling into harm's way, yeah the tire should be jailed and the offending keepers of the tire should be penalized.

I don't know that. A car that was leading the points and was obviously the fastest car all weekend didn't finish in the top 10 today.

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
This is the rule. This is Nascar interpretation: The tire was controlled until it got to the inside of the pit stall. They are allowed to cross into the adjacent pit boxes on the inside as long as they do not impede another car or go past the halfway point of the adjacent stall.

DqD_QgZVYAE-0tc.jpg:large

What? Harvick has been more competitive for wins and if the last 3 weeks reminded us anything its that speed alone won’t win the race. Speed, and right time right place.

There is absolutely no shoe-in for the championship right now.
The 4 team doesn’t execute like the 18 and kB said before the race that their car was not very good. Plus I would put more faith in Kyle Busch at Homestead than any other driver out there besides the 42.

Last edited:
clear as mud. :D Tire rolled free into the other pit box. Monkeys in the trailer missed it. who rah... roll free tire

The 4 team doesn’t execute like the 18 and kB said before the race that their car was not very good. Plus I would put more faith in Kyle Busch at Homestead than any other driver out there besides the 42.
must have been an execution accident that the 4 car was leading the points coming into the race.

Paul Menard had an awesome run going. Bayne ran into him as he left his pit during stage 2. Shame.

You must have forgot that we had a lottery race this round
I didn't forget. KDB finished 2 spots ahead of Harvick at Dega. Didn't lead a lap today. I think both are going to the final lottery, can't say that about anybody else.

I didn't forget. KDB finished 2 spots ahead of Harvick at Dega. Didn't lead a lap today. I think both are going to the final lottery, can't say that about anybody else.
And he was only two spots behind at Dover. I think Harvick can win it all but I just put more stock in the 18 team than anyone else. I will say that the big three have Been by far the most consistent at Homestead in recent years.

And he was only two spots behind at Dover. I think Harvick can win it all but I just put more stock in the 18 team than anyone else. I will say that the big three have Been by far the most consistent at Homestead in recent years.
I'm kinda iffy on Truex, a 5th and really not fast all day and he won I think both races last year and had a second at Kansas this year. He might make it thru until the end.

Back
Top Bottom