Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

DqEZqhKU8AAHb5u.jpg:large

Harvick has thrown away a couple of races recently, a person can say they didn't execute, to me that is kinda scary how good they are to throw a couple away and be one point out of first. I don't think they have lost something by not winning today. They are set on kill when it comes to the big tracks. The next round is going to be good.

Harvick has thrown away a couple of races recently, a person can say they didn't execute, to me that is kinda scary how good they are to throw a couple away and be one point out of first. I don't think they have lost something by not winning today. They are set on kill when it comes to the big tracks. The next round is going to be good.
This is what I mean. I get that almost everyone here hates KB with a passion and the bias shows every thread. I personally hate no drivers just really dislike some fan bases that I will not mention.

Today was a good example. Had no reason to push the speed coming onto pit road.

eh it is all about being out front in clean air, and lane choice. To me a that is a hell of an advantage.

If the 4 was so bad fast, why was the 9 within two seconds of putting him a lap down at the end?

I didn't catch this, I don't know if it was reported, but it was worth a chuckle :) I don't know if records are kept on that sort of thing, but I think ol Denny if he keeps after it might win something there.

If the 4 was so bad fast, why was the 9 within two seconds of putting him a lap down at the end?
He was staying behind the 14 on purpose. There was nothing to gain by the 4 at that point and the 14 was nervous.

Today was a good example. Had no reason to push the speed coming onto pit road.
But really, he had no reason not to. He was in. Harvick is lights out faster than everybody. His Championship to lose.
I didn't catch this, I don't know if it was reported, but it was worth a chuckle :) I don't know if records are kept on that sort of thing, but I think ol Denny if he keeps after it might win something there.

This team needs an overhaul. A complete overhaul.
How many wins should he have? 10-12? Wow. Betcha he is sad this package is on its way out.

I wouldn't know. He seemed to do pretty well with a similar setup to next year at the All Star race.

Yeah, but if the package does what everybody is hoping it will do, if he dominates 10-12 races, this will be a failure.

Yeah, but if the package does what everybody is hoping it will do, if he dominates 10-12 races, this will be a failure.

I have no idea what people consider a failure. I watch the races. What races I have watched with a package similar to the one next year, they were decent, except the one KDB won with an illegal car.

You don't? Well, apparently the package we have because, NASCAR is dumping it.....
you seem to have a black and white way of looking at things. I don't. I pointed out the record number of passing lows this package has produced going back to mid 90's I believe that the first part of this season had produced, or not produced among other things with this package. I know I was floored when I saw the racing going on at Indy the first year and at the All star this year, both races shattered records for lead changes, passing in the field and apparently the movers and the shakers in the racing community liked what they saw and so did fan indicators I would assume they had in place. I don't have any fears about racing one way or the other. I watch the races. What constitutes a good race is a matter of opinion. I'm not in the failure crowd, I think they missed out on proper toilet training when they were little.:p BTW IMO Kansas was a yawner, how they made a one lane track out of a progressive banking track that was designed to be a multi groove track is beyond me. Waiting to see what next year brings at that track.

you seem to have a black and white way of looking at things. I don't. I pointed out the record number of passing lows this package has produced going back to mid 90's I believe that the first part of this season had produced, or not produced among other things with this package. I know I was floored when I saw the racing going on at Indy the first year and at the All star this year, both races shattered records for lead changes, passing in the field and apparently the movers and the shakers in the racing community liked what they saw and so did fan indicators I would assume they had in place. I don't have any fears about racing one way or the other. I watch the races. What constitutes a good race is a matter of opinion. I'm not in the failure crowd, I think they missed out on proper toilet training when they were little.:p BTW IMO Kansas was a yawner, how they made a one lane track out of a progressive banking track that was designed to be a multi groove track is beyond me. Waiting to see what next year brings at that track.

It is costing a ton of money. They had better get something right of which there is no consistent opinion (see Gluck's poll). Good luck. While we are at it, let's get a fancy pants pit road monitoring system (the race is on the track not in the pit BTW), and the super expensive OSS for every team. NASCAR is not trending well in managing costs IMO.

I guess that is something to worry about. :idunno: I'm not one of the bean counters and for some odd reason I haven't heard any owners complaining about it. You would think they would be livid.

While we are at it, let's get a fancy pants pit road monitoring system (the race is on the track not in the pit BTW), and the super expensive OSS for every team.

They pulled five of them in for post race inspections this time after Kansas. It looks like those OSS inspection devices are a good investment. They are paying for themselves by saving the teams money in less fines, crew member suspensions and the loss of valuable driver points.

They are paying for themselves by saving the teams money in less fines, crew member suspensions and the loss of valuable driver points.

Clearly you forgot the :sarcasm: emoji.

Back
Top Bottom