Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Defensive driving... this was straight up daring Harvick to put a bumper to him for 40 laps! Blocking every line on entry, juking back and forth on a 1.5. I mean hell, he even dropped down into Harvick's line mid-corner with 5 to go and Harvick lifted for him! wtf was that? that was part of it. You had the 1 guy that was points to the good and unwilling to risk tearing his own stuff up, trying to win a championship that he's already won in a legitimate system. He sacrificed win #10 to secure Phoenix (which is still not secure).

If it's anyone else Logano IS GETTING SENT! No one should be putting up with that. Harvick allowed it. This is the box NASCAR put him in, and exactly what they wanted when they created this package, force contact force chaos. Harvick wouldn't go for it, I can't blame him for not being wired that way and playing NASCAR's game, he tried to do it clean for 40 and that wasn't happening with the air the way it was, ain't happening when you're going to lift for the guy dropping down into your line either.

It was combination of Package, Logano with nothing to lose, and Harvick with everything to lose.

What Harvick said post-race "Logano is a good blocker" is code for try that crap at Phoenix and you're getting dumped btw.

Someone needs to be willing to move Logano out of these spots as much as he's willing to move them.
very little difference than points racing..Harvick had a good points day. Logano would have turned Harvick if the shoe was on the other foot. Bowman would have turned Logano if he could have caught him. Hard to understand why some aren't looking at the big picture..I guess they are drinking the gerbils cool aid.

I think Pockrass nailed it. The fact that the rule is on the books now and went unenforced is a dicey situation, especially given the massively popular driver it favored. I actually believe it was an oversight and not intentional, but the optics are questionable.
I couldn’t care less who the driver is, the optics or whether or not it was an oversight. If a rule exists that teams with a comms issue is a safety violation and must report to pit road to repair, then enforce the penalty consistently and evenly.

Coming out and saying “we missed this one” and not having a history of enforcing said rule to begin with is what creates poor optics. It creates the impression that some weekends they are strict and some weekends they slack.

I think Pockrass nailed it. The fact that the rule is on the books now and went unenforced is a dicey situation, especially given the massively popular driver it favored. I actually believe it was an oversight and not intentional, but the optics are questionable.
Right, remember NASCAR doesnt care who wins. They made a mistake.

The irony is that while the gerbils are jumping up and down saying points matter, every point matters, and they will be racing super hard for every point in total harmony, Harvick is playing the system, has a comfortable lead, and with little effort is already in the last race.

I couldn’t care less who the driver is, the optics or whether or not it was an oversight. If a rule exists that teams with a comms issue is a safety violation and must report to pit road to repair, then enforce the penalty consistently and evenly.

Coming out and saying “we missed this one” and not having a history of enforcing said rule to begin with is what creates poor optics. It creates the impression that some weekends they are strict and some weekends they slack.
No, it means they missed it. They scan 36 + drivers. Chase had communication then lost it.

Pretty interesting that Logano's spotter T.J. Majors was instrumental in Logano winning the race. They worked their butts off the last 40 laps keeping Harvick behind them
Doesn't surprise me. T.J. is the best spotter out there IMO

He wasn't entirely without radio communication, just very poor reception and the field was not in danger because of it. I certainly wouldn't want to see a driver penalized for this.
Heck we have seen a poor call by a spotter go bad so no call could be better.
A very good team would have a number system to make calls by so conversation is not required.

He wasn't entirely without radio communication, just very poor reception and the field was not in danger because of it. I certainly wouldn't want to see a driver penalized for this.
Heck we have seen a poor call by a spotter go bad so no call could be better.
A very good team would have a number system to make calls by so conversation is not required.
They could hear Chase, and Radioactive showed all the times Chase complained about not hearing them. Eddie D'Hondt spotted the entire 3rd segment like normal, so we don't know if Chase could hear or not then. So, in a weak defense of NASCAR, if they listened to the 9 channel then they heard regular spotting and may have assumed it was ok.

Back
Top Bottom