Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Penske cars are playoff ready, all of them showed good speed. Bowman was a surprise, the gerbs didn't call his number the whole race..no drama there I guess.

If I may, what series would this be?
Indycar IMSA, or buy a subscription to the dirt series racing...plenty of passing there but a lot of the passing is back and forth and about three drivers in all of the series are winning the lions share of the races.

Indycar IMSA, or buy a subscription to the dirt series racing...plenty of passing there but a lot of the passing is back and forth and about three drivers in all of the series are winning the lions share of the races.
Well Denny and Harvick have won most of the races this year in NASCAR. So I don’t see the difference. I think it’s okay if people didn’t like the outcome today, personally it wasn’t my cup of tea. Passing for the lead seemed difficult at the end, the winner even said dirty air helped. When I watch Indy Car or Imsa or lucky enough to watch an WoO race, I might miss it but I don’t hear that term as much as in NASCAR, especially since this package was instituted.

NBC sure is proud of their in car cameras. Someone also needs to let them know that there are more then 2 teams left in the playoffs. I normally don't get to upset about the coverage but the last 50 laps was beyond terrible.

Well Denny and Harvick have won most of the races this year in NASCAR. So I don’t see the difference. I think it’s okay if people didn’t like the outcome today, personally it wasn’t my cup of tea. Passing for the lead seemed difficult at the end, the winner even said dirty air helped. When I watch Indy Car or Imsa or lucky enough to watch an WoO race, I might miss it but I don’t hear that term as much as in NASCAR, especially since this package was instituted.
Glad you got that..and if those series were hugely popular people would be saying the same thing about those. Instead of saying what a finish at the last IMSA race, there would be a box of monkeys saying what a sheet show.

There are major impediments with dirty air in many if not most forms of racing. Depending on the track, IndyCar may currently be worse.

NASCAR is the only major sanctioning body in recent years that has intentionally and exponentially increased the dirty air effects on trailing cars, and then bragged about it.

Other groups are trying to move in the opposite direction. Ironically, NASCAR figured it out before any of them, when they stripped downforce starting in 2016. They were right before they were wrong.

You had to know I was gonna pop up lol

Sure the dirty air battle isnt necessarily what we want to see.. but that was one hell of a fight to the finish for Joey! I dont think ANYONE thought he would hold Harvick off that long. Im so ready to see him fight for another championship! Cant wait! Hes good at Phoenix and the most recent winner there!

There are major impediments with dirty air in many if not most forms of racing. Depending on the track, IndyCar may currently be worse.

NASCAR is the only major sanctioning body in recent years that has intentionally and exponentially increased the dirty air effects on trailing cars, and then bragged about it.

Other groups are trying to move in the opposite direction. Ironically, NASCAR figured it out before any of them, when they stripped downforce starting in 2016. They were right before they were wrong.
Well they are supposed to be reducing the downforce on the next gen so there ya go. Reality is there are already two or three here that think they can design a better next gen car than Nascar can.

You had to know I was gonna pop up lol

Sure the dirty air battle isnt necessarily what we want to see.. but that was one hell of a fight to the finish for Joey! I dont think ANYONE thought he would hold Harvick off that long. Im so ready to see him fight for another championship! Cant wait! Hes good at Phoenix and the most recent winner there!
hey Sliced! Logano and team ran a flawless race didn't they.

Great win Joey!!! You would think some people would be happy someone stopped the #4 express for at least one race. I thought the 48 dominance everyone hated and was the reason popularity of the sport nose dived. An almost always happy dude punched a ticket to the final four. This is awesome. Give me #9, #88, and/or #2 with #22 to give #4 a good run in Arizona. I love good natured dudes winning...lm loving it!

What's wrong with Texas?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
87d4ab936ba61ea49923ab70b11043b7.jpg

But he’s in the Championship 4 thanks to the aero/restart lottery.
Honestly, Kevin made two passes for the lead earlier in the stage. Joey did a great job taking the air off of Harvick's car.

It's bogus that air is THIS impactful with the arcade mode package the cup cars have, but air wasn't the only thing keeping him from passing Joey.

Great win Joey!!! You would think some people would be happy someone stopped the #4 express for at least one race. I thought the 48 dominance everyone hated and was the reason popularity of the sport nose dived. An almost always happy dude punched a ticket to the final four. This is awesome. Give me #9, #88, and/or #2 with #22 to give #4 a good run in Arizona. I love good natured dudes winning...lm loving it!
Harvick's dominance is tolerable. It isn't even close to what the 48 was doing for a decade. Harvick is beatable, he's just the best right now and is building his all time resume.

Hard to not root for him really.

Honestly, Kevin made two passes for the lead earlier in the stage. Joey did a great job taking the air off of Harvick's car.

It's bogus that air is THIS impactful with the arcade mode package the cup cars have, but air wasn't the only thing keeping him from passing Joey.

Arcade mode package, thanks for that. Really nails it.

Arcade mode package, thanks for that. Really nails it.
Can't take credit for it. It's my own spin of what Brad said; referencing easy mode on a video game when comparing how easy these cars are to drive.

I think Logano deserves some credit for holding off Harvick. I mean, I'm far from an expert when it comes to all the technical stuff, but there were passes all day throughout the field, so I'm not sure dirty air magically showed up at the end of the race preventing Harvick from passing Logano. Don't tell me that every other pass throughout the day occurred because the guys were just moving over for each other. You could pass, unfortunately Harvick just wasn't able to make the final one at the end of the race.

Logano won the race. Nobody disputes that. It didn't take being the best driver in the field to do that, just landing in front with this package. Austin Dillon did the same thing at Texas with a sub-top ten car. Same deal. Some people think that's suspenseful. Something tells me it is wearing thin and today could be a turning point.

I think Logano deserves some credit for holding off Harvick. I mean, I'm far from an expert when it comes to all the technical stuff, but there were passes all day throughout the field, so I'm not sure dirty air magically showed up at the end of the race preventing Harvick from passing Logano. Don't tell me that every other pass throughout the day occurred because the guys were just moving over for each other. You could pass, unfortunately Harvick just wasn't able to make the final one at the end of the race.
There were a number of changes for the lead that you got to see being at the track. We were covered up with commercials with at least two and I think three passes.

What were they right about? The racing SUCKED. I couldn't even stay awake during the races. Under those rules, Logano would have drove away and won by five seconds. Even though Harvick didnt end up making the pass, the last 50 laps of today's race sure as hell held MY attention. Also, to paraphrase the great Mario Andretti; If you car is easy to drive, you aren't running it hard enough.

What were they right about? The racing SUCKED. I couldn't even stay awake during the races. Under those rules, Logano would have drove away and won by five seconds. Even though Harvick didnt end up making the pass, the last 50 laps of today's race sure as hell held MY attention. Also, to paraphrase the great Mario Andretti; If you car is easy to drive, you aren't running it hard enough.

I couldn't conjure up a more absurd set of claims if I was trying to parody the opposing side. Logano wouldn't have held the lead for more than five laps, because he didn't have a top-five car. You can only push the throttle to the floor in an underpowered car so "hard". Pressing it harder doesn't yield results. If you had trouble staying awake through the low downforce racing at Kansas in 2018, you may have had undiagnosed disorders.

Truex or Harvick? neither one was going to block the other. Different story with one of the hardest driver if not the hardest driver to pass. Comparing apples to oranges. Harvick would have had to turn Logano to pass him, and if they were reversed, real good possibility Logano would have turned Harvick.

I couldn't conjure up a more absurd set of claims if I was trying to parody the opposing side. Logano wouldn't have held the lead for more than five laps, because he didn't have a top-five car. You can only push the throttle to the floor in an underpowered car so "hard". Pressing it harder doesn't yield results. If you had trouble staying awake through the low downforce racing at Kansas in 2018, you may have had undiagnosed disorders.

Many fans like myself have been clamoring for a return to the 2014 racing package for the Gen 6 car.

I want to apologize to the board and Logano/Penske fans here. I was a stereotypical Elliott fan last night.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom