Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

Throwing cautions when they aren't necessary parted the red sea for Kyle Busch. Just knew it was gonna happen.

He needs this, but damn the last 30 laps was a circus.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Busch winning one of the most manipulated races in memory.

Larson and Hamlin choked tf outta this race too.

Busch deserved to win. But Larson is a spare. Figures Blaney gets run over. Then Brad blocks Elliott into the fence.

All brought on because NASCAR wanted a crash em up “game 7 moment”

Joke of a series.

What the actual **** was that KDL?!?

My impression is that Larson knew he and Blaney needed all that pushing and more to make a real run. Obviously he pushed it too hard, but he's got his win and the guy he's pushing does too. I'm thinking all that figured in.

Reactions: Pat
Kyle and his family deserve this one. I like this older Kyle, but man, don't like how this race unfolded.

Oh well, with all that I’ll take a 5th and start up front at Darlington.

He’s the champ this year. Didn’t you read the board?
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you wouldn't feel this way if his teammate, Chase Elliot, defending champ, wasn't his teammate ;)

There's no question the 5 is the car to beat at the 1.5s this year. And he is. Closing these races out is another story for sure. As is enduring these silly cautions.

The fact that these cars need a superspeedway type push to get a jump on the opposite lane to even have a chance of winning on a short run is super dumb. The drivers should be relying on their equipment and their talent, not how hard the 4 cars behind them can push.

Buschy McYota Busch! Embrace the boo's big dawg! Good to see ya bow in the Cup series again.

The fact that these cars need a superspeedway type push to get a jump on the opposite lane to even have a chance of winning on a short run is super dumb. The drivers should be relying on their equipment and their talent, not how hard the 4 cars behind them can push.
Yep. Broken series.

Kyle sweeping the weekend must have been bittersweet in light of the week The Buschs had...

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you wouldn't feel this way if his teammate, Chase Elliot, defending champ, wasn't his teammate ;)

There's no question the 5 is the car to beat at the 1.5s this year. And he is. Closing these races out is another story for sure. As is enduring these silly cautions.

Full disclosure: I’ve always hated Larson because he was the darling that was held up as an example against Chase in the early years. I recognized more raw talent, but that he had a huge tendency to fall out of the seat. I grew sick of the “high line Larson!” mantra when the reason he was the only one up there was that everyone else wanted to finish. He’s fast, but frankly stupid. He’s a sprint car god, but that mentality doesn’t translate to Cup. I got so bitter at a couple late race restart wins at Michigan and Larson fans gloating on these boards that I began to thoroughly enjoy his inevitable chokes when he’d wall or overdrive it after dominating all day because he simply can’t see big picture. If he ever achieves a championship, I’ll give full respect.

Back
Top Bottom