Cup RACE thread ---- Kansas

It's not much of a history. Outside of those two incidents, they run each other fairly hard. Chase's lack of willingness to let things go is on him.

And dooring a teammate over a missunderstanding and your own temper is on him.

Although, I'd imagine Eddie egged him on. He's had issues with Larson

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Eddie nor Alan said anything until Chase did if I remember right. Well Alan asked if his car was alright and then that's when Chase spoke which they played on TV. Wasn't a big deal. Chase probably had no clue the 6 was there and it's in the heat of the moment of the highest level of professional sport. People always seem to forget that.

I remember people being mad about Larson retaliating the same way against Hamlin at Pocono too and that was a far more costly incident.
Huh? The scenarios are entirely different.

Almost spun by Ross, and then freight trained by the rest of the field with fresh tires.

Drove to p13, then Cliff pitted him again with 7 laps on tires, restarted 26th and drove up to p4.

No one had anything for them, and bad excution, bad habits.

Just saw his interview and he blamed himself for restarting on the bottom which put him in that position.

Huh? The scenarios are entirely different.

I know. I’m saying I remember Elliott fans were mad that Larson would dare retaliate against someone when he “always races like that” but they’re fine with Elliott dooring Larson after an incident that wasn’t even Larson’s fault.

I know. I’m saying I remember Elliott fans were mad that Larson would dare retaliate against someone when he “always races like that” but they’re fine with Elliott dooring Larson after an incident that wasn’t even Larson’s fault.
Tbh, most of us have said he was in the wrong... saying we understand why it happened, isn't being fine with it....

You're more upset than Elliott was
But he was upset..and I don't know why some of his fans (not saying this is you) refuse to recognize Chase as one of the most temperamental drivers in NASCAR.

It's not a bad thing, and it's an improvement from a go lucky fan favorite like Dale and Bill. Chase has had more run ins with drivers than anyone in the sport the last 5+ seasons. Anyone, except Ross. Hell, his temper even got himself suspended.

Chase is without question one of the most hot headed drivers in the series. He has a massive temper and gets vengeful like a frat bro. And it makes him entertaining, it makes him fun, and it gets people talking about him. Chase isn't polarizing because he's popular. He's polarizing because he's popular AND a brat, and that's great.

But he was upset..and I don't know why some of his fans (not saying this is you) refuse to recognize Chase as one of the most temperamental drivers in NASCAR.

It's not a bad thing, and it's an improvement from a go lucky fan favorite like Dale and Bill. Chase has had more run ins with drivers than anyone in the sport the last 5+ seasons. Anyone, except Ross. Hell, his temper even got himself suspended.

Chase is without question one of the most hot headed drivers in the series. He has a massive temper and gets vengeful like a frat bro. And it makes him entertaining, it makes him fun, and it gets people talking about him. Chase isn't polarizing because he's popular. He's polarizing because he's popular AND a brat, and that's great.

Have you forgotten how many times he's flat been run over in the last 5 years? It's not like he's always been like this. He finally got tired of the BS

Nah, no one suppose to get upset in the heat of the moment. Gotta be perfect out there brother.
What people are saying dude, is stop making excuses for Chase having a temper when he's always had one.

Some of the most entertaining drivers in the history of the sport have been emotional and temperamental.

People aren't criticizing Chase, they're criticizing the defense of him when he acts emotionally.

Chase is far more entertaining when he's throwing tantrums and it's great for the sport, and form him imo

Have you forgotten how many times he's flat been run over in the last 5 years? It's not like he's always been like this. He finally got tired of the BS
He WASNT like this. He was pretty damn clean starting out his cup career the first few years. He grew to what he is now

What people are saying dude, is stop making excuses for Chase having a temper when he's always had one.

Some of the most entertaining drivers in the history of the sport have been emotional and temperamental.

People aren't criticizing Chase, they're criticizing the defense of him when he acts emotionally.

Chase is far more entertaining when he's throwing tantrums and it's great for the sport, and form him imo

You mean like most people do? and I was told before that people are allowed to do that? Larson fans make excuses for him, Ross fans do it, Denny fans, every fan. I was told that was fine, so if it's fine then well it should be for Chase fans as well.

How many times has Logano been run over in his career? And how many fans came down on him for how he handled that.

You don't have to justify Chase's temper. I'm saying..he has one. No one cares why he has one. He has one.

And that's not a BAD thing lol

You mean like most people do? and I was told before that people are allowed to do that? Larson fans make excuses for him, Ross fans do it, Denny fans, every fan. I was told that was fine, so if it's fine then well it should be for Chase fans as well.
No no no. Not fine for chase fans. Only ok for others

Who on earth makes excuses for Ross and Denny?

Chase is a champion, and his temper has given us some of the most entertaining moments in the sport the last few years.

It isn't a bad thing

Who on earth makes excuses for Ross and Denny?

Chase is a champion, and his temper has given us some of the most entertaining moments in the sport the last few years.

It isn't a bad thing

Rev makes them for Denny and SDJ for Ross. Others have as well. Remember the "ROSS GIVES ZERO ***** TOUR" where people compared him to Dale? But hey, you know it is what it is. Every fan makes excuses for their driver and calls out other fans for doing it. I'm just finally getting with the program after calling it out for so long and being told that it's okay.

Larson doored Hamlin into the wall under caution a few weeks back or whenever that was. *board silence*

Cause in the end, it's meaningless. But no sireee, let the NAPA man cross the line one time and it's dire straits.

And it ain't the Elliott fans that are the problem around here, I think that's quite obvious.

Like yeah, Larson did nothing wrong. But as many times as he's ran over Chase the last couple years, it's easy to understand what is going on in Chase's head. Only people who dislike him will see it different.
Chase is one of my drivers and I don't see it that way at all. Larson is racing for a championship driving for the same team owner as Chase drives for. Chase should give the 5 team enough space anytime they are close to each other so that there would be no way they could get together for any reason. Chase had his chance to race for the championship, but that ship has already sailed for 2023. If Chase seriously thought Larson got into him on purpose than he should just discuss it with him in the Monday morning meeting... not on the track during the playoffs with his teammate leading the championship.

Rev makes them for Denny and SDJ for Ross. Others have as well. Remember the "ROSS GIVES ZERO ***** TOUR" where people compared him to Dale? But hey, you know it is what it is. Every fan makes excuses for their driver and calls out other fans for doing it. I'm just finally getting with the program after calling it out for so long and being told that it's okay.
I don't think the "ROSS GIVES ZERO ****" TOUR" was a defense, it was a tag line.

It serves my point, doesn't it? Ross being an absolute dumb **** was one of the most exciting parts of the gen 7 debut season, so much so that we got said TOUR out of it.

I get the need to defend, especially as a fan of one of the most hot headed drivers in recent years, Carl Edwards. I get it. But I also will admit Carl was a hot headed raging lunatic during his Roush days. I can't defend that

Back
Top Bottom