Cup RACE thread ---- Kansas

I don't think the "ROSS GIVES ZERO ****" TOUR" was a defense, it was a tag line.

It serves my point, doesn't it? Ross being an absolute dumb **** was one of the most exciting parts of the gen 7 debut season, so much so that we got said TOUR out of it.

I get the need to defend, especially as a fan of one of the most hot headed drivers in recent years, Carl Edwards. I get it. But I also will admit Carl was a hot headed raging lunatic during his Roush days. I can't defend that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No, a lot of them were. They was saying how "Earnhardt drove like that and people loved it." to me, that's kind of defending it.

Also I'm not even debating that point you're making there, I never said that you were wrong there...

Chase is one of my drivers and I don't see it that way at all. Larson is racing for a championship driving for the same team owner as Chase drives for. Chase should give the 5 team enough space anytime they are close to each other so that there would be no way they could get together for any reason. Chase had his chance to race for the championship, but that ship has already sailed for 2023. If Chase seriously thought Larson got into him on purpose than he should just discuss it with him in the Monday morning meeting... not on the track during the playoffs with his teammate leading the championship.
Yes, show me where I said what he did was right or okay. People here read what they want to read.

No, a lot of them were. They was saying how "Earnhardt drove like that and people loved it." to me, that's kind of defending it.

Also I'm not even debating that point you're making there, I never said that you were wrong there...
Well, I'll reserve judgement on the Dale/Ross thing.

;)

9 and the 5 lay back....which NASCAR has addressed, and then end up getting into it on pit lane. Magic.....and the 24 with a broken part replaced at no penalty.....probably unprecedented....but ya know.....Hendricking......Great day!

Over a nothing burger
For real. Didn't see it live between grilling and football, but if that's all there was... Wow. And stop with the "Larson is running for a championship!!!" pearl clutching. Even if he did harm the 5, Larson is already into the next round. Some of the ones who love to call Elliott and his fans whiners do the most crying overall.

I'm just pissed that the 5 threw away another race.

It's the playoffs. You have to trim out the fat and start developing good habits.

The only car that could compete with you cut a tire.

Can't leave points on the table.

Yes, show me where I said what he did was right or okay. People here read what they want to read.
Come on Blaze you are better than that. I never said you thought it was okay for Chase to retaliate. I made the part of your post I was responding to Bold. I was just giving you my opinion on how I feel he should have handled it. I'm not trying to start a debate with you.
Only people who dislike him will see it different.

For real. Didn't see it live between grilling and football, but if that's all there was... Wow. And stop with the "Larson is running for a championship!!!" pearl clutching. Even if he did harm the 5, Larson is already into the next round. Some of the ones who love to call Elliott and his fans whiners do the most crying overall.
This whole thing is making a mountain out of a molehill. If it didn't involve Chase, it probably would have gone by without comment. The problem is that Chase did what 99% of ALL drivers do, and that is either take action on the track or open their pie holes before they have seen a replay and know all the facts.

Come on Blaze you are better than that. I never said you thought it was okay for Chase to retaliate. I made the part of your post I was responding to Bold. I was just giving you my opinion on how I feel he should have handled it. I'm not trying to start a debate with you.
Alright

Even though he is in the next round doesn't he still need to accumulate valuable points that he may need later on down the road?
1694393135933.png

Even though he is in the next round doesn't he still need to accumulate valuable points that he may need later on down the road?
View attachment 72613
That's my deal. I'm over the Elliott Larson thing and am more pissed about missing out on another 5 playoff points. Elliott had nothing to do with that.

With how inconsistent he's been in finishing, he'll need as much of a buffer as possible in the round of 12.

This was the easiest shot they've had all year..and they gave it away because Larson wanted to experiment restarting up top, got turned, and then Cliff made a bad call.

Can't keep giving away points.

That's my deal. I'm over the Elliott Larson thing and am more pissed about missing out on another 5 playoff points. Elliott had nothing to do with that.

With how inconsistent he's been in finishing, he'll need as much of a buffer as possible in the round of 12.

This was the easiest shot they've had all year..and they gave it away because Larson wanted to experiment restarting up top, got turned, and then Cliff made a bad call.

Can't keep giving away points.

If he doesn’t pit from 13th on that restart early in stage 3, he’s coming in from 3rd at worst on the green white checkered and has a shot at being first with 4 tires off pit road and not behind the dart without feathers in the 11. That pit call is bonehead of the weekend for me.

If he doesn’t pit from 13th on that restart early in stage 3, he’s coming in from 3rd at worst on the green white checkered and has a shot at being first with 4 tires off pit road and not behind the dart without feathers in the 11. That pit call is bonehead of the weekend for me.
Cliff has improved dramatically at in race calls..but sometimes, I feel like he outthinks himself when he feels like he needs to do better.

Larson restarted 21st and drove to 13 in 3 laps and was still much faster than the back half of the top 10. I think Cliff panicked.

They both took it well, surprisingly. Better than I am.

As a fan, Im just sick of seeing playoff points left on the table. If they don't make the final 4, this season is a catastrophic intervention inducing failure of a season. With the speed they've had this year, missing the finale is a joke. And it's a realistic possibility if they don't get it together

Cliff has improved dramatically at in race calls..but sometimes, I feel like he outthinks himself when he feels like he needs to do better.

Larson restarted 21st and drove to 13 in 3 laps and was still much faster than the back half of the top 10. I think Cliff panicked.

They both took it well, surprisingly. Better than I am.

As a fan, Im just sick of seeing playoff points left on the table. If they don't make the final 4, this season is a catastrophic intervention inducing failure of a season. With the speed they've had this year, missing the finale is a joke. And it's a realistic possibility if they don't get it together

Next round SCARES me. I hope he wins at Texas and gets it over with, not needing to rely on getting through Dega and Roval

Next round SCARES me. I hope he wins at Texas and gets it over with, not needing to rely on getting through Dega and Roval
Roval will be fine. Been a top 3 car every road course race this season except Homestead. Talladega is a guaranteed crap finish.

But he can't afford two bad races.

If he won today? He probably could.

Roval will be fine. Been a top 3 car every road course race this season except Homestead. Talladega is a guaranteed crap finish.

But he can't afford two bad races.

If he won today? He probably could.

When the hell was there a road course race at Homestead that I missed?!?!

Sonoma. Idk why I said Homestead lol

Good. Thought I missed a damn good one, parking lot esses and all. Hell that would probably require literal bus stops to be used. :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

I can't say many positive notes from the performance that William Byron put together. I guess he finished 15th, which is the last permanent position shown on the scoring tower, so I guess there's that.

A couple random positives about it though...
*I had no reason to stay afterwards to see the winners celebration and interview.
*I'm not a Truex fan. (Seriously felt bad for his fans that went to the race and only got to see him race 3 laps. Had to of been so frustrating for them.)

I'd also like to apologize to Carson Hocevar, because throughout the entire race, I had completely forgot who was driving the #42. All I knew is that they were driving it much better than whoever that other guy is that had driven it for most of the year. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the results before seeing and remembering that it was Hocevar in the car this week.

One more note, Getting out of that parking lot is always so easy! The flow runs so much smoother than other tracks that I've been to do.

Byron's mediocre run aside, I enjoyed being there as I always do!

I'm just pissed that the 5 threw away another race.

It's the playoffs. You have to trim out the fat and start developing good habits.

The only car that could compete with you cut a tire.

Can't leave points on the table.

They did just that, but it's a big ask to dominate flag to flag. If Larson had taken two in a row at Toyota tracks, I would have been full blown meltdown. This championship goes through Larson, and I think Denny might just have something for him, honestly.

They did just that, but it's a big ask to dominate flag to flag. If Larson had taken two in a row at Toyota tracks, I would have been full blown meltdown. This championship goes through Larson, and I think Denny might just have something for him, honestly.
I agree on both accounts. 11/5 are the two to beat.

I'm suppose you're even with Larson. Hamlin gifts him one last week, Larson gifts it back yesterday.

I agree on both accounts. 11/5 are the two to beat.

I'm suppose you're even with Larson. Hamlin gifts him one last week, Larson gifts it back yesterday.

I'd agree with that. Great point. Racing is funny that way isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom