Cup RACE thread --- Kentucky

Totally agree. We’re in the 7th year of the Stenhouse project with only a couple of plate wins to show for it.
I dig Jimmy Spen... I mean Ricky Stenhouse quite a bit, he's a very good racer. Yet, his inconsistency on 1.5 mile tracks is just horrible. Buescher part deux at Roush would be an upgrade IMO.

KurtBusch won races with Jimmy Fennig, Pat Tryson, Steve Addington, Tony Gibson, John Klausmeier, Daniel Knost, Roy McCauley, Billy Scott & Matt McCall as crew chief.

His career reminds me so much of Bobby Allisons. Volatile temper, outspoken, personal problems on display, driving for multiple teams, one title, Penske connection, the peaks and the valleys, heart and soul, and "quit" ain't in him. The dude is a fighter. I'm a fan. Congrats to him and his team.

By the way, that Mike Forde guy on Twitter is a massive idiot. He said there were 33 green flag passes for the lead, when asked how many of those passes were on track, he said "33" and kept dodging the question...NASCAR is such a progressive company, hiring the mentally handicapped.

By the way, that Mike Forde guy on Twitter is a massive idiot. He said there were 33 green flag passes for the lead, when asked how many of those passes were on track, he said "33" and kept dodging the question...NASCAR is such a progressive company, hiring the mentally handicapped.

maybe this can help ya..probably not though.
It was almost three times as many as last year, which also had green flag pit stops, if that helps. I know it doesn’t. I don’t know what to tell ya.

Larson pushed the 1 into the lead in 1, allowing for the victory. He wheeled the sh!t outta that car all night from the back.

Yup -- Larson launched Kurt, leaving Logano falling back into a hole. Kurt and Kyle Busch put on a great show to close out this race.

Kurt seems to thrive at smaller teams. He can elevate their game and bring up the levels

It's been a weird ride as a life-long Kurt Busch fan. He has overperformed at smaller teams and then was really underwhelming at SHR at a time when they were dominating the sport. If he hadn't bounced around so much he could have had a 50 win multi-championship career. On the other hand he's lucky that he was able to come back after being so down and out he was in the 51 so guess it evens out.

Holy heck I just read that twitter stream .....but then it’s NASCAR 2019.

That was an amazing win and race last night. Good strategy throughout at times, some really close racing early, good mix of long green flag runs and some hard finishing

Just finished on DVR...wow that ending the last 34 laps or so was awesome. Busch vs Logano was pretty damn cool, but Busch vs Busch wow. Shout out to Kurt’s super cool celebration, he’s such a bad ass and congrats to that 1 crew who looked genuinely excited. It’s cool to see Kurt evolve into a winner and a likeable one at that. “They got a wheelman now.”

Fun fact: the last time Kurt Busch won at a mile-and-a-half track was when he took his second consecutive victory at Atlanta in the 2010 spring race driving the number 2 for Team Penske.

“No hard feelings; that was fine,” Kyle said afterwards. “He’s got to find his own ride home, though, because I’m not waiting for him.” o_O

Back
Top Bottom