Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Not much talking from the talking heads about the Penske's last week, and then one of them somebody said 1 in 164.000 or some absurd high number of somebody winning three in a row. Ya know anymore the code of getting it right in broadcasting has moved to say anything to make drama and fill every bit of the airspace with the NBC crew.

If I was Good Year I'd start thinking about moving out of NASCAR. Why bother with the finger pointing at their products and the specs they provide if the teams aren't going to follow them? They end up getting bad mouthed by a whinny spoiled driver and it just looks bad.

Last edited:
Tried watching interviews on NBCSports.com and gave up. It wants my provider, who I gave and all it does is take me to my providers website. Frustrating.
I stumbled on to some of the drivers interviews.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nascar
:XXROFL:
gettyimages-1034531912-e1537140428764.jpg

Really only watched the last stage, but 8.5 from what I saw when they weren't wrecking. That kind of racing on the intermediates will be missed if they move forward with the plans to change the cars on these tracks in 2019. Really good stuff between Larson, Truex, Kez, Logano late.

I would add Blaney, Busch and Almirola to that group of drivers racing hard and putting on a show at the end.

Brad was faster than usual on 3 slick tracks. Maybe Penske has those cars built on the tight side?

It was a survival race. I was surprised by the number of contenders having problems. Kez got it done with three in a row, I wonder if he can do a Harry Gant (who won 4 in a row in Sept. '91). Winning three is pretty rare these days (I wonder how many times that's happened since Harry). Throughout the race drivers had were trying to find which lane was working and the racing at the end was pretty good. Kez managed to get several good restarts - I was expecting someone to steal the win. I noticed the Penske Indycar team had their 500 hats on - hat's off to the Penske teams and all those who helped in winning 500 races over the years; it is a remarkable achievement.

You dont need a horseshoe when your pulling away from everyone at checkered flag.:tongue:

Brad earned all those wins, especially Vegas where he nailed a couple of restarts. I don't think Vegas was luck at all. He had a short run car, and it would have to be pure luck to run the last 30 at Vegas with no yellows and win in a long run car.

Brad is still among the elite of the elite drivers.

And that 2 team, I firmly believe, is the 3rd best team of the last 15 years behind the 48 and 4.

They are just really good at executing races and Brad is the best defensive driver in the sport. I'd be happy to see him get title number 2. LeTarte said it yesterday, 6 champions active. 5 of them with 1, 1 of them with 7. We need another multi time champ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Brad K is the best closer in the sport ATM.

He seems to save his tires and is able to give that little bit extra at the end of these races. I was surprised how quickly he drove away from the 78 on that last restart.

I still think Harvick has the closer crown, but it is close. I do think the #4 paid a price for too much right front camber at Vegas.

I think Harvick had more to bitch about than tires. The car couldn't overcome his lousy pit crew who kept loosing him spots in the pits. They weren't that fast at Vegas. Being a jackass was optional.

I think Harvick had more to bitch about than tires. The car couldn't overcome his lousy pit crew who kept loosing him spots in the pits. They weren't that fast at Vegas. Being a jackass was optional.

Harvick has a long history of problems with pitting dating back to RCR. I wonder if he's hitting his marks.

I love the irony of guys complaining the Las Vegas race had too many wrecks and yellow flags... In other threads, some of these same guys are whining to "Bring back 'The Rock' for real Nascar racing." Of course, the signature attribute of 'The Rock' was always that it produced more wrecks and more cautions - and thus more restarts - than any other track in Nascar..:idunno:

Kudos for the athletes that were able to endure 150-160 temps during the red flag. Notice the ambulance sitting next to the cars parked in 3.
you got to see a good race too loved watching the 2 and 42 battle for the lead shame a yellow came out and ruined that battle.
btw just curious are you planing on going to phoenix?
wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of this celebration at Homestead . . .
View attachment 36167
I loved his postrace interview on sports center where he was drunk lol.

All of Brad's wins with non-dominant cars. JJ style.
And I thought KB was the only special driver who could win with non-dominant cars ;)
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Non dominant car? Once brad got in the top five, he never left it.
Kudos for the athletes that were able to endure 150-160 temps during the red flag. Notice the ambulance sitting next to the cars parked in 3.
Too bad I was too chicken to bet you the $100, that Brad won’t win in the playoffs

If I was Good Year I'd start thinking about moving out of NASCAR. Why bother with the finger pointing at their products and the specs they provide if the teams aren't going to follow them? They end up getting bad mouthed by a whinny spoiled driver and it just looks bad.

I've wondered this myself. Making grippy tires for these fast and heavy cars is virtually impossible. Remember when the tires were so hard the rubber was like sawdust laying on top of the track? All the drivers complained, and Goodyear was left with mission impossible. Kevin is begging for a post race violation that explains his tire failure.

Gotta love the girls with the red and blue head-dresses on either side of the sun-burnt ice-cube.

classic Las Vegas . . .

keselowski las vegas victory lane.jpg

It was a survival race. I was surprised by the number of contenders having problems. Kez got it done with three in a row, I wonder if he can do a Harry Gant (who won 4 in a row in Sept. '91). Winning three is pretty rare these days (I wonder how many times that's happened since Harry). Throughout the race drivers had were trying to find which lane was working and the racing at the end was pretty good. Kez managed to get several good restarts - I was expecting someone to steal the win. I noticed the Penske Indycar team had their 500 hats on - hat's off to the Penske teams and all those who helped in winning 500 races over the years; it is a remarkable achievement.

Lol it has happened 3 times this year alone. And Truex won two in a row so we have had 4 winning streaks

Bitching about tires. Wow. We had whole threads when KB did that. Comical.

Back
Top Bottom