Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Also, how in the world does Matt DiBenedetto not win this race? Had a way faster car than Kurt all night. Preferred groove on a late restart. Kurt gets around him on the bottom. Then smokes him on 2 more late restarts to win.

I’m rooting for the guy, but he just doesn’t have it. Good driver, better dude. But just not as good as the fanbase wants him to be.

2020-sep27-kurt-busch-main-image-800x436.jpg

I like seeing surprise winners. Kurt has proven he can still win races. He's going to the round of 8. Good job by him, CGR is better than people give them credit for.

I know being the first loser sucks but P2 for that #21 team is huge. Finally put together a solid race with good equipment. Matt has been their best driver since Blaney and even then it’s apparent that Ryan had better equipment and luck. I hope Matt gets to keep that ride.

If he gets shooed out by Cindric, my guess is that his good friend Denny Hamlin opens a seat.

Also, how in the world does Matt DiBenedetto not win this race? Had a way faster car than Kurt all night. Preferred groove on a late restart. Kurt gets around him on the bottom. Then smokes him on 2 more late restarts to win.

I’m rooting for the guy, but he just doesn’t have it. Good driver, better dude. But just not as good as the fanbase wants him to be.
I'm with you here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

When 22 year old southern 500 winners are getting put out to pasture I don't remotely feel bad for guys with zero wins in a NASCAR series losing their ride. Matt had his chance today to steal one and flat out got beat by Kurt in a lesser car. If Matt gets another year he might get a win but he's had more chances the last 2 years then some guys with way better resumes. Neck beard redditors come at me

Hell yeah, WAY TO GO OUTLAW!

I love that all of this man’s recent wins have come under pressure, extreme hype, and he matches the energy perfectly after he gets it done. What a boss!

I know. I’m just saying...the guy is money. He’s a better driver than Hamlin IMO. Yet has 10 fewer wins. Burnt too many bridges in his early years.
If he hadn’t burnt as many bridges and had mellowed out sooner than he did, I do think him and Kyle would be closer to one another in terms of wins, poles, etc. Nevertheless, still not a career to hang your head in shame over. He comes in particularly clutch with car feedback and pulling a rabbit out of the hat in dire late race situations. Money.

I'm with you here.

He just hasn't developed the killer instinct yet. I think this one time I would have enjoyed seeing him do a little bump and run for the win.

When 22 year old southern 500 winners are getting put out to pasture I don't remotely feel bad for guys with zero wins in a NASCAR series losing their ride. Matt had his chance today to steal one and flat out got beat by Kurt in a lesser car. If Matt gets another year he might get a win but he's had more chances the last 2 years then some guys with way better resumes. Neck beard redditors come at me
With you here fella.

Holy crap! I tuned into catch the last part of that race and didn't catch the VERY end. I lost interest when I saw Kurt was running 14th or so. When did this win happen lol? Gotta go back and re-watch this! Happy Kurt finally got a win at Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom