Cup RACE thread ---- Las Vegas

Gustafson took a huge swing at the 9 setup, and if anything it's worse. That should bring joy to all but 5 or six of us here.
I made a post about this....

But check out autoracinganalytics.com

Chase this year has been at best a top 7 car on non drafting ovals. The intermediates? 10th fastest car this year. 5, and 1 have been the two fastest.

Speedways have been bad for Chase this year. This race shouldn't be a surprise. Their strength is minimizing mistakes, finishing, and road courses and sort tracks where he's top 2 in speed.

Ive made this case, but 2020 felt WAY more inevitable of a championship than this year in terms of speed. Outside of road courses and short tracks, 9 has not been that fast this year..just consistent and opportunistic. Phoenix is a toss up, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Byron’s yellow flag transgression has been put into perspective.

What’s the dollar value of Wallace’s faux pas?

Larson was clearly faster coming off the turn. It even looked like Buddha turned into Larson and still had room on the outside. ...( before the dive bomb crash) I don't know, but that swinging stuff after trying to kill someone with the car is not good. Just crazy and right after the meeting they had last week. Who's gonna drive the 45 next week?

Halloween Ends may have been the worst movie I've seen in years.
Oh dude.

My fiance and saw this Friday night. We love horror and love that franchise. We were utterly dumbfounded, and borderline distraught about how awful it was.

MICHAEL MYERS WASNT PART OF THE MOVIE.

And why do the writers think we care about Cory and Allison!?

I made a post about this....

But check out autoracinganalytics.com

Chase this year has been at best a top 7 car on non drafting ovals. The intermediates? 10th fastest car this year. 5, and 1 have been the two fastest.

Speedways have been bad for Chase this year. This race shouldn't be a surprise. Their strength is minimizing mistakes, finishing, and road courses and sort tracks where he's top 2 in speed.

Ive made this case, but 2020 felt WAY more inevitable of a championship than this year in terms of speed. Outside of road courses and short tracks, 9 has not been that fast this year..just consistent and opportunistic. Phoenix is a toss up, imo.

Chase misses the Final 4. Can't hit a walk off again at Martinsville when you can't pass there any more.

Larson was clearly faster coming off the turn. It even looked like Buddha turned into Larson and still had room on the outside. ... I don't know, but that swinging stuff after trying to kill someone with the car is not good. Just crazy and right after the meeting they had last week. Who's gonna drive the 45 next week?

Buddha.

LOL

Oh dude.

My fiance and saw this Friday night. We love horror and love that franchise. We were utterly dumbfounded, and borderline distraught about how awful it was.

MICHAEL MYERS WASNT PART OF THE MOVIE.

And why do the writers think we care about Cory and Allison!?

An hour in I said is ANYTHING going to happen in this thing? I mean Cory getting bullied by band geeks in a Lebaron? Wtf

Chase misses the Final 4. Can't hit a walk off again at Martinsville when you can't pass there any more.
Idk. I imagine he struggles at Homestead.

Will win Martinsville imo.

Logano is my personal pick for the title.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I don't. The 9 team feels like it's regressing. So many missed win opportunities at 5 points each. Glen, Roval, California, Coke 600. 20 more points right there.

"That cushion is all gone"

What's new Jr
I've been saying this. The 9s advantage this season has been execution, and consistency. SPEED, particularly at the mile and a halves, have been a weakness and it's being exposed these playoffs.

Outside of Roval and Talladega, he's hardly been a top 10 car.

Fortunately Phoenix will be a dumpster fire track position race, so as long as he gets a good pit stall, he should be good. But yeah, he's no lock for the title.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I don't. The 9 team feels like it's regressing.
Speed has certainly been an issue..but with Martinsville being Ricks track, and it now being an aero track position race, all you really need to do is show up in qualifying and put together an error free race, which is what the 9 team's strength has been. Overcoming lack of speed.

No way he wins anything but a plate race the last like 8 races

That race is over. Penalties have been handed out. I’m over it.
All I ask is keep the same energy. This whole “that race is over.” BS is dumb. With that one week I can be okay with say Chase wrecking someone. Then a week or so later complain about someone else doing it. Nah, **** that. Wrong is wrong. If William was wrong, Bubba was wrong.

"Leader off turn now." (Meaning don't get lapped)
"I'm doing everything I can! I'm just trying not to wreck!"
"I know."
9 radio

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Poor Bubba and his so called "anxiety". What a farce. Clearly he wrecked Larson on purpose then went and attacked a man who clearly tried to get away from him. Bubba if NASCAR has the nads you are gonna learn a hard lesson. What an ahole.

His antics on track wrecking a guy going 200mph and THEN pushing an official. There needs to be some consequence
I caught that too and was thinking the same thing. The hook on the 5 car was bad enough. Then walking away from your car, down the track which has been a no-no for awhile now. Then shoving Larson. THEN putting your hand on an official like that...

I don't see how NASCAR can afford NOT to park him for at least a week in order to send a message to the garage.

That debrief at 23XI tomorrow will be all time tough.

I can see Kurt calling a one on one “Come to Jesus” meeting with Bubba. If anyone can relate to Bubba’s mistake it’s Kurt (he’s made a few over the years, but righted the ship). Time for some Big Brother tough love.

All I ask is keep the same energy. This whole “that race is over.” BS is dumb. With that one week I can be okay with say Chase wrecking someone. Then a week or so later complain about someone else doing it. Nah, **** that. Wrong is wrong. If William was wrong, Bubba was wrong.
It’s difficult to take any of this seriously.

Gustafson basically just told Chase that the rest of this race is a test session and he’ll swing again at setup to learn for next week because “we’ll be on the same f***ing tire.” 🙄😔

Back
Top Bottom