Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

He’s still mulling over a 2024 Presidential bid. I imagine he’s preoccupied with that. 😇

And he won at Talladega, so there’s that. Keep the faith, Big John.

In full disclosure, very little to no faith was kept.

But how prophetic… lol. NASCAR taketh and they giveth.

1697504179817.jpeg

IMO huge black eye for the sanctioning body. Now you question any penalties like this in the future.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

IMO huge black eye for the sanctioning body. Now you question any penalties like this in the future.

I don't see it that way. I see it as the sanctioning body trying to be open and honest about making an error.
It makes no sense to complain about them being secretive about unapproved parts and then when they do admit an error, take them to task for being honest. Can't have it both ways.

I think Denny Hamlin is probably the guy in your camp.

Truex today was at best a 3rd place car, but piss poor execution gets them in trouble

Bell has probably had the most speed these playoffs outside of the 5/11, and is basically gonna be racing Truex these next few weeks. I'd give him an advantage.

As a Larson fan, I'd rather see Bell than Truex in the final 4. As we mentioned before, Bell isn't quite there yet, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great post as always. I agree....Denny is the main guy for US. I am torn about Bell and Truex.....I think that Bell has more speed, but Truex is a Champion, and had Larson beat at Phoenix when Larson won everything. I might go with Bell because experience doesn't mean **** if you don't have pace. I haven't seen pace from the 19 lately.....Bell also showed me that he is close to being ready by running down Larson....We saw the opposite from Reddick earlier in the year. I thought that we would have Larson, Byron, Hamlin, and Truex when all of this started, and I was good with that....Now, I am thinking that maybe Bell in place of Truex. Bell is also starting to show up clutch....Last year spoke for itself, and his consistency in the Playoffs is also indicative of a guy who is not intimidated by the stage. Bottom line here is that this is Larson's to win....but he is not untouchable IMO.

In full disclosure, very little to no faith was kept.

But how prophetic… lol. NASCAR taketh and they giveth.
I am still holding out hope that Denny's 2022 Pocono win will be reinstated.

Paging @AndyMarquisLive to make a timely mention of Mark Martin's 1990 Championship season.
Why? Blaney was given his points back that were unjustly taken from him. Mark never was....if he was, he'd be recognized as the 1990 champion instead of being the 1990 Winston Cup Champion railroaded by NASCAR for their cash cow driver who could dish it out but not take it and his whining owner.

Great post as always. I agree....Denny is the main guy for US. I am torn about Bell and Truex.....I think that Bell has more speed, but Truex is a Champion, and had Larson beat at Phoenix when Larson won everything. I might go with Bell because experience doesn't mean **** if you don't have pace. I haven't seen pace from the 19 lately.....Bell also showed me that he is close to being ready by running down Larson....We saw the opposite from Reddick earlier in the year. I thought that we would have Larson, Byron, Hamlin, and Truex when all of this started, and I was good with that....Now, I am thinking that maybe Bell in place of Truex. Bell is also starting to show up clutch....Last year spoke for itself, and his consistency in the Playoffs is also indicative of a guy who is not intimidated by the stage. Bottom line here is that this is Larson's to win....but he is not untouchable IMO.
Larson is the one to beat, I agree, but mistake prone, and vulnerable at times.

Bell has a lack of experience which is why I fear Truex more. But the 19 team is a mess. Do they get it together for 1 race? Don't know.

Byron and Hamlin are the two most realistic threats. Byron and his team have been executing masterfully, and if the speed isnt there, they may find a way to make it happen.

Hamlin has had the speed all year, and I think Denny, while doesn't have the raw talent or pace straight up compared to Larson/5, he's a bit more reliable in terms of racecraft. And if they have similar pace, it will come down to who leads on the final restart.

Will see.

If Blaney points his way into the Championship 4 and wins the championship, this will get brought up by the fans of whatever driver finishes 2nd from now until the end of time.
And it will be awesome

Why? Blaney was given his points back that were unjustly taken from him. Mark never was....if he was, he'd be recognized as the 1990 champion instead of being the 1990 Winston Cup Champion railroaded by NASCAR for their cash cow driver who could dish it out but not take it and his whining owner.

Because . . . if Blaney advances to the Final Four only because he got those points back and then goes on to win the championship, there could be some points related complaints by those thinking that the disqualification was valid and that he shouldn't have been allowed to contend for the championship.

Kinda like the Mark Martin episode in reverse.

Because . . . if Blaney advances to the Final Four only because he got those points back and then goes on to win the championship, there could be some points related complaints by those thinking that the disqualification was valid and that he shouldn't have been allowed to contend for the championship.

If NASCAR made the mistake then they made the mistake. Regardless, you're going to have people who complain about it being a bad luck. Which it may be a bad look. But most fans in the casual NASCAR fandom, as well as the history books will remember it as Ryan Blaney - 2023 cup series champion. And that will be that

Yeah I will. Disqualifying someone is a huge blow, then oops my bad you're ok. Brings into question the accuracy of the whole inspection process
You’ve suggested here that NASCAR’s actions in this matter call their credibility into question.

In fact, the opposite is true.

I know nascar keeps try to push gaming. Doing something like this has to be killing the sports books. I guess I'll have to listen to dirty mo dough later this week to see how the books even handled this disaster

One driver in one race isn't going to break a multi-billion dollar industry.
Well this is the second time they've been burned recently. I know some ended up having to pay out both sides when the #4 got disqualified.

Now some waited to the "official" results to come out only to get them changed again....

Ok, I see your point now...kinda...lol

NASCAR makes money off the bookies, they certainly care about them.

My bud and I talked about this in relation to Blaney since had got our once a year sports betting tickets as well. That would definitely suck if you had a high value ticket and won, lost, then found out you won again. I mean... Nice end result but the angst would suck.

We bought a whopping $30 in tickets and walked away with $70ish so we were very happy. More money in than that and it certainly wouldn't be fun anymore.

My bud and I talked about this in relation to Blaney since had got our once a year sports betting tickets as well. That would definitely suck if you had a high value ticket and won, lost, then found out you won again. I mean... Nice end result but the angst would suck.

We bought a whopping $30 in tickets and walked away with $70ish so we were very happy. More money in than that and it certainly wouldn't be fun anymore.
What do the gambling sites/bookies do when there is a DQ, then an appeal, then possibly a change? Wait until it all plays out when it is a result that is possibly affected?

If Blaney points his way into the Championship 4 and wins the championship, this will get brought up by the fans of whatever driver finishes 2nd from now until the end of time.
Now imagine it’s a Hendrick team instead…. Oh the delicious nuclear fallout

What do the gambling sites/bookies do when there is a DQ, then an appeal, then possibly a change? Wait until it all plays out when it is a result that is possibly affected?
I think they use the 1st "official" results

Back
Top Bottom