Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

At no point was it ever evident on TV that anyone besides Truex was the best car. I didn't even see a hint of that.
Interesting. Because it was pretty clear from the stands and laptimes. Blaney was getting ready to pass him, he ran him down and started setting him up prior to green flag pit cycles and was moving around, and then after Truex gapped them during green flag cycles, Blaney and Larson closed in by at least a second and a half. I think the yellows at the end killed what would have been an exciting finish.

But still, an ass kicking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What a miserable weekend for KFB.

Chase Elliott. Looked decent to start the race, moved into the top 15, and then sucked.

Not sure what's happening there

2015 injury aside, has Kyle Busch had a more miserable cup weekend than this?

Crash in practice. Crash in qualifying. Crash out of stage 1 in the race after running 30th and going absolutely no where.

That's the RCR situation we saw from Reddick last year and is a testament to KB. They can bring some fast cars, and they can bring some duds that not even KB can overcome.

Crash in practice. Crash in qualifying. Crash out of stage 1 in the race after running 30th and going absolutely no where.

That's the RCR situation we saw from Reddick last year and is a testament to KB. They can bring some fast cars, and they can bring some duds that not even KB can overcome.

RCR was never/has never been a top tier team. The success is all driver. Except for the Dillon kids.

Fun day at this race! 19 dominated.

12/5 were absolutely the two best cars the third and final stage - it was evident in lap times, was probably evident on tv, and it was super evident in person.

If either of them got by Truex, he wasn't getting back around. 12 was making it a race and was clearly better in center of the corner. 5 car destroyed both of them on corner entry. The deciding factor was the 19 team's pit road execution during green flag stops, gave him a 2.5 second lead.

Blaney and Larson both closed in by over a second and were clearly driving better. Late yellows, Blaney's pit crew and restarts killed any shot 12/5 had at him, but they were both good enough to win in.

All and all, a great race. Dominant on the 19 team's part, but not nearly as much as it seemed.

Your eyes deceived you, they closed in due to traffic only and occasionally could match lap times with the 19 but over a fuel run no one was in the same stratosphere as the 19

Your eyes deceived you, they closed in due to traffic only and occasionally could match lap times with the 19 but over a fuel run no one was in the same stratosphere as the 19
And the 12 running him down in clean air, and setting up a pass before green flag stops. The pace was there.

Psst. Even if you gave Blaney optomisticaly that he was on Truex's bumper (which he never was) catching him is one thing, passing him is another.

And the 12 running him down in clean air, and setting up a pass before green flag stops. The pace was there.

He would have never passed him because I would have willed it to not be so. ;)

3 wins negates one bad weekend...

3 wins negates one bad weekend...
Same KB as ever. If Adam hadn't told him to go **** himself....and he stayed with JGR, the results would be the same. Kyle is not dominant. Not even a little.

I'm a Larson fan and at no point did I think he had the car to beat Truex. Bell was really the fastest car all day. He just got screwed by his pit crew and track position and then his mistake. But if you were tracking lap times, he was consistently faster than everyone. I thought it was race to lose and he did.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The pace was set by the 19, if he wanted to back the corner up and roll the center with minimal braking to save tires and fuel that can cause you to see something you think is happening that really isnt. At no time was he ever in danger of losing the lead to the 12 or 5

I'm a Larson fan and at no point did I think he had the car to beat Truex. Bell was really the fastest car all day. He just got screwed by his pit crew and track position and then his mistake. But if you were tracking lap times, he was consistently faster than everyone. I thought it was race to lose and he did.

I tracked them all day and the Truex had 88 of the fastest laps turned in the race, Bell had 36.

Martin Truex Jr.

#1​

LAP SPEED

122MPH​

LEADER
AVG RUNNING POS

1.371​

BEST LAP TIME (SEC)

30.518​

XFINITY FASTEST LAP (MPH)

124.805​

LAPS LED

249​

• Christopher Bell
Christopher Bell

#29​

LAP SPEED

108MPH​

-2 (Time Behind)
AVG RUNNING POS

9.589​

BEST LAP TIME (SEC)

30.607​

124.442​

LAPS LED

1​

Looks like I was right.

I've been preaching that the 5 was faster the entire 3rd stage...and the data supports it.

I demand an apology from everyone who said I was wrong ;)

I tracked them all day and the Truex had 88 of the fastest laps turned in the race, Bell had 36.

Martin Truex Jr.

#1​

LAP SPEED

122MPH​

LEADER
AVG RUNNING POS

1.371​

BEST LAP TIME (SEC)

30.518​

124.805​

LAPS LED

249​

• Christopher Bell
Christopher Bell

#29​

LAP SPEED

108MPH​

-2 (Time Behind)
AVG RUNNING POS

9.589​

BEST LAP TIME (SEC)

30.607​

124.442​

LAPS LED

1​

If the final 50 laps were based on 4th quarter median lap speed data, this is where they would have finished.

Don't know if it means he passes him as he was never close enough...

but as I said, the third stage, or, the last 75 laps anyway, the 5 car was faster.

The data supports it. I'll accept all concessions. It's right in that tweet. 5 car was the fastest car on the stopwatch that third stage.

If the final 50 laps were based on 4th quarter median lap speed data, this is where they would have finished.

Don't know if it means he passes him as he was never close enough...

but as I said, the third stage, or, the last 75 laps anyway, the 5 car was faster.

The data supports it. I'll accept all concessions. It's right in that tweet. 5 car was the fastest car on the stopwatch that third stage.

Nonsense. Haven't you entertained the possibility that Truex was going as fast as he needed to stay in front and not any faster than that?

Looks like I was right.

I've been preaching that the 5 was faster the entire 3rd stage...and the data supports it.

I demand an apology from everyone who said I was wrong ;)

Complete bullcrap. That data doesnt know when the 19 was riding and conserving. You can go scower the internet all day but the FACT is the 19 was the best car by far.

Reactions: sdj
Nonsense. Haven't you entertained the possibility that Truex was going as fast as he needed to stay in front and not any faster than that?
This is exactly what he wanted to do. I guess he ran out to those 4 second leads by accident.

Haha my bad.
Also of course for having such a bad day Byron was still 2nd in stage 1 before the damage from pit road and had the 7th fastest lap of the whole race per motorsport.com.
Not that bad for a really “off day”.
Who knows if he hadn’t knocked the nose in early.

Back
Top Bottom