Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

NASCAR has done that like three different times this year where a car’s wrecked and kept their spot. Darlington, Chicago, today. Don’t really understand it and definitely don’t remember seeing it in the past.
Seems like it’s their attempt to get back to green asap. Just restart them where they were before the caution so we don’t have to spend time sorting out the restart order.

1689621545167.png

I use Hulu live tv and I think they have DVR. I just strongly dislike watching taped races. I'll watch the highlight video that's uploaded to Youtube, but I just can't do the full race replay.

Especially if you already know who won. If I find out ahead of watching, I also do the you tube shorty.
I avoid anything that will tell me the winner, plus, I get to skip the commercials and a whole lot of Gerbal chatter. Like today, I will watch the race tonight in no time at all.

That was a good ole fashioned New England Clam Chowder a$$ whippin wasnt it?
Seems to be the MO for this track. One guy checks out, and then there's great racing in the pack but you'd never know it. Reminds me of Michigan in the 80s and 90s. (one guy checks out on field)

There’s been two Cup races I’ve been unable to watch live this year which were Sonoma and Dover, with both being won by Truex. Today’s the third and if it happens again I’m betting everything on him next time.

Just got back and saw the finish lol

Pretty good race overall. A lot of battling in the mid-field and was just entertaining all-round. That race was well worth the wait.

Fun day at this race! 19 dominated.

12/5 were absolutely the two best cars the third and final stage - it was evident in lap times, was probably evident on tv, and it was super evident in person.

If either of them got by Truex, he wasn't getting back around. 12 was making it a race and was clearly better in center of the corner. 5 car destroyed both of them on corner entry. The deciding factor was the 19 team's pit road execution during green flag stops, gave him a 2.5 second lead.

Blaney and Larson both closed in by over a second and were clearly driving better. Late yellows, Blaney's pit crew and restarts killed any shot 12/5 had at him, but they were both good enough to win in.

All and all, a great race. Dominant on the 19 team's part, but not nearly as much as it seemed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Especially if you already know who won. If I find out ahead of watching, I also do the you tube shorty.
I avoid anything that will tell me the winner, plus, I get to skip the commercials and a whole lot of Gerbal chatter. Like today, I will watch the race tonight in no time at all.
Same. If I miss a race and do decide to go back and watch it, I will usually only do so if it hasn't been spoiled already to me.

Reactions: sdj
At no point was it ever evident on TV that anyone besides Truex was the best car. I didn't even see a hint of that.
Same. Honestly I think the closest was Almirola. He could have had a shot but unlikely.

Decent race. Truex kicked everyone’s ass. 1 HMS car in the top 10 is a good day. Whappen to that Byron feenomm?
This car has no horsepower. Shifting on a one mile track is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom