Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

What's stopping them from racing rain tires instead of wet weather tires? If they used rain tires, we could be racing right now. No idea why they're just sitting there parked on pit road right now. Closest lightning strike looks to be about 17 miles away, with that storm moving North, away from the track.
Didn't know they have 3 different options.

I'd love to see Larson and his spotter have a word. What in the hell was he thinking?

Letarte really doesn't want them to race
He has dinner reservations in Charlotte. I had to flip back to IMSA when he was droning on about how it’s not the right time to use the wet weather tires when it’s slightly raining.

I'd love to see Larson and his spotter have a word. What in the hell was he thinking?
Yea that was wild. Like that’s probably something you’d say in a Monday meeting in a less hostile setting…if you even say something at all.

I’m probably not educated in these wet tires but what are they waiting for? They’ve sat them here for what? Couldn’t the race be run with the wets, it seems as if there’s not alot of rain coming down. Is there lightning in the area?

The National Weather Service in Gray Maine has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Southwestern Belknap County in central New Hampshire...
Central Merrimack County in central New Hampshire...

* Until 600 PM EDT.

* At 457 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Warner, or 9
miles southeast of New London, moving east at 45 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and penny size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Concord, Laconia, Franklin, New London, Loudon, Barnstead,
Gilmanton, Canterbury, Warner, Belmont, Gilford, Boscawen, Andover,
Chichester, Sulton, Tilton, Webster, Salisbury, Northfield, and
Pittsfield.

This whole wet weather tire is bullshiiit. They quit putting the wipers on the cars and the safety lights. If the lightning clears the area and we have an hour left of track time they have no excuse not to finish.

Oh it’s raining harder than I gave it credit for. This is frustrating, this race was really fun the third stage

So IndyCar being moved to The C*ck if this isn’t called?

Why does it sound like the announcers are lobbying for the race to be called? One in particular, every time he opens his mouth, he mentions calling it.

Back
Top Bottom