Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville!

The scoring fiasco is worse than they are letting on. Allmendinger was supposed to be the leader at the time of the caution, not Hamlin. The NBC crew has now claimed both were the leader. It is obvious that Harvick illegally passed the pace car to take a lap back and NASCAR did nothing about it. But there is more that went haywire than just that.
Allmendinger was in the lead but had to pit.

Kyle Busch with the water in the NOS bottle lol

Racing as a team for a championship doesnt work when only 1 team can win. Kyle should have moved Matt outta the way & given him the classic Gordon line "speed up and you wont have that problem".

Kyle Busch with the water in the NOS bottle lol

Racing as a team for a championship doesnt work when only 1 team can win. Kyle should have moved Matt outta the way & given him the classic Gordon line "go faster and that wont happen".
Funny Matt moved him for position but he wouldn't return the favor.

Allmendinger was in the lead but had to pit.

Correct me if I'm wrong because this is such a clusteryouknowwhat. But at the time the caution came out, Allmendinger was the true leader of the race, and Hamlin was in his pit stall. The video NBC showed of Harvick passing Hamlin and the pace car seems to show the pace car picking up Hamlin as the leader, obviously after he had completed pitting and returned to the track. There were many references coming out of timing and scoring at that time that Allmendinger was being scored the leader. But the footage in the first laps after caution showed Allmendinger running in the middle of an indeterminate pack. He eventually ran out of fuel and that confused things even further. But why was the pace car picking up Hamlin, when he would have at best been at the tail end of the lead lap at that time? It just seems like mass confusion, and I don't think any of it was done correctly. NASCAR had to try to pick up the pieces after proper procedures were not followed.

0 excuse for those 28 laps to count

I just checked in to see if there was a readers digest version of what the delay was for as I fast forwarded through the delay. I hit the "advance 30 seconds" button 50 times from the time the race went yellow to when it went green again.

I don't usually complain about NASCAR , but GD they have their head up their A****. WTF is so hard about figuring the scoring out that you have to run 20+ laps under caution. Stop the cars and set the field. Also I guess It's OK to have a caution for plastic wrap on the wall but not for cars almost stopped on the track or cars in the wall or floor jacks going 150 mph for that matter.

25 minutes is unacceptable and to still get it wrong after that time is....well.....pure Nascar

I peeked at the race and Kurt was awful.so i turned it off. This is about the time of year I get burnt out. I know there are several races left but I do this every year.

Drivers treated after Martinsville race: Following the Goody's Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway, Sprint Cup drivers #95-Michael McDowell, #47-AJ Allmendinger and #46-Michael Annett were treated in the infield care center for various ailments.
McDowell, driver of Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing's #95, was treated for dehydration and burns on his feet. McDowell had to be taken to the medical center on a stretcher. McDowell entered the race having dealt with pneumonia and strep throat according to NBC Sports' Mike Massaro.
Allmendinger, driver of the #47 Chevrolet for JTG-Daugherty Racing, was treated for overheating but was quickly released from the medical center.
HScott Motorsports' Annett was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning a team spokesman told NBC Sports. Damage to the left-rear of Annett's #46 car caused fumes to enter the car. (NBC Sports)(10-31-2016)

The best move by the JGR (3), since the 11 wasn't playing well with his teammates, was to let Brad go and try to catch JJ and pass for the win as Brad is out of the chase and would have put JJ in the same situation as the others.

Dang I hate the chase format!:mad:

I wonder if the 20 has any comments this morning about JGR cars "teaming up on the restarts". If I recall, he cried like a 3 week old baby last year when the Penske drivers did the same thing.....and then he brought out a John Deere tractor and ended the 22 chances. I was really hoping the 2 yesterday would have put the 20 in the wall at some point.

I peeked at the race and Kurt was awful.so i turned it off. This is about the time of year I get burnt out. I know there are several races left but I do this every year.

For a lot of people the season is far to long and ends up like a viral infection you think will never go away. You get through the holidays and see a few NFL playoff games and.....crap.....it is back again.

I wonder if the 20 has any comments this morning about JGR cars "teaming up on the restarts". If I recall, he cried like a 3 week old baby last year when the Penske drivers did the same thing.....and then he brought out a John Deere tractor and ended the 22 chances. I was really hoping the 2 yesterday would have put the 20 in the wall at some point.

I am definitely don't want the 2 or 22 to touch anyone let alone any Gibbs cars. The repercussions are far too severe. But I also said that yesterday when I was watching the race that isn't it funny how the gibbs cars can b**** and moan about the Penske cars playing with the restarts but when they do the exact same thing it's not hypocritical at all.

Not cool as we don't need drivers doing that kind of crap. Denny did a perfectly acceptable bump and run on JJ that would have had some drivers screaming for vengeance. No a pro like JJ as when he had the chance to pass Hamlin he just went by him.

Doubtful. He has turned into a little bit€h like the 4 and thinks he's pretty untouchable and does nothing wrong. Not as bad but getting there.

Doubtful. He has turned into a little bit€h like the 4 and thinks he's pretty untouchable and does nothing wrong. Not as bad but getting there.

Kenseth had his brush with infamy a year ago but prior to that was always a good citizen and he has been fine this year.

For a lot of people the season is far to long and ends up like a viral infection you think will never go away. You get through the holidays and see a few NFL playoff games and.....crap.....it is back again.

Is this sarcasm?

I Love the length of the season and love the short length of the off season. Maybe it's cause I never got into football until last year; though I do have basketball..

Which IS without a doubt more or a circus than NASCAR

Hate to double post but I absolutely love Jr in the booth. He brings a sense of authenticity to a broadcast team that appears to "try" too hard. Plus, Jr may be one of the most charismatic guys involved in the sport. I hope he retires soon and hops into a booth

Back
Top Bottom