Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

Let’s over look my two ford drivers I named lol. Good job. If we go down a series I’m a Harrison Burton fan. Was also a fan of his dad back when he drove the 99 Car for Roush. I don’t care about make of car.
Actually I'm the one that is Chevy heavy. :D

Let’s over look my two ford drivers I named lol. Good job. If we go down a series I’m a Harrison Burton fan. Was also a fan of his dad back when he drove the 99 Car for Roush. I don’t care about make of car.
So you dont think the 48 over drove the corner and took the 11 out right?

Pass the blu….funny looking cigarette.
AcceptableAllEel-max-1mb.gif

at least the hack was not as blatant as the kenseth was with logano.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Truex lose control of his car a few laps earlier and bang into Bowman hard enough that Bowman's car started trailing smoke due to tire rub?

10:26 mark. All 3 of these guys got a kick out of Hamlin's comments LOL

I have a lot of respect for Chase for taking the blame for making some wrong decisions on adjustments that got them behind a little. I have noticed Larson and Bowman has done that also in the past. They never seem to throw their team under the bus when things don't go as planned, and I really admire that.

Where did the 48 finish? Where did the 11 finish?

How many wins for the 48 this year? How many wins for the 11?

But suddenly you care about the playoff standings, right? :XXROFL:
No I don’t care about the playoffs.
I said he ran out of talent and got into the 11.

Yeah, they genuinely laughed and it felt like more of a laughing AT Dennis situation. If you took an anonymous poll of the garage and drivers, I'd be willing to bet that you'd find Dennis is one of the least respected drivers out there. He's a dork and a bully. His whole "I don't care, go ahead and boo me" schtick is obviously fake too. It bothers him that the fans still hate him after 2017. Why else would he keep taking jabs?

I’ll always prefer to remember Dennis peeing down his leg when he had a chance to grab greatness, while the 48 with ice in their veins took care of business.

Racing is funny.Take the 2 players and reverse the results and people would be calling for Dennis's head. Tell me I'm wrong. lol
Not too sure that is 100% on the beam. 2 players, Kez and Elliott tangled and there were Elliott fans saying Elliott was blocking..and there isn't this huge discussion about it. Last time I looked, Keselowski isn't on very many Christmas cards lists around here.

When Denny was throwing his tantrum and trying to push Bowman's car backwards I was wanting him to run out of gas so bad so that he would have to stay there and listen to the crowd cheering so loud for Alex. Plus he would have had to walk all the way back to the pits... unless Bowman gave him a ride. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Pat

And this is why Denny is never gonna win. The 3 of them can just laugh, be easy, and shoot the ****. MTJ is just happy to be there.

Denny is just wound up too tight

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a lot of respect for Chase for taking the blame for making some wrong decisions on adjustments that got them behind a little. I have noticed Larson and Bowman has done that also in the past. They never seem to throw their team under the bus when things don't go as planned, and I really admire that.
Yeah I mean.. I scratch my head at that. It's the CC's job. Chase shouldn't be calling the shots on what adjustments he needs. This isn't the Rusty Wallace days. He needs to be diagnosing the car, providing as detailed of a description of what he needs as possible, and Alan needs to be doing his job and deciding what adjustments to make..

If anything, I'd put it even more on the CC for letting the driver call the shots for adjustments. I thought this style was outdated, and ineffective. Which obviously it may be

I’ll always prefer to remember Dennis peeing down his leg when he had a chance to grab greatness, while the 48 with ice in their veins took care of business.
This was the first time my hatred for JJ (which peaked from 08-09) subsided. It was because of Hamlin.

I had this thing when I was younger, that any driver who came into cup the same season, or AFTER Carl Edwards could NOT win a championship before Edwards. Nope.

I went from hating Johnson Midway through 10 to pulling for him the last two weeks as hard as I was for Edwards, because Hamlin CANT get a title before Edwards.

Same in 12 with Brad K. After the 13 500, j distincty remember making the acknowledgement that I liked Jimmie at that point.

Yeah I mean.. I scratch my head at that. It's the CC's job. Chase shouldn't be calling the shots on what adjustments he needs. This isn't the Rusty Wallace days. He needs to be diagnosing the car, providing as detailed of a description of what he needs as possible, and Alan needs to be doing his job and deciding what adjustments to make..

If anything, I'd put it even more on the CC for letting the driver call the shots for adjustments. I thought this style was outdated, and ineffective. Which obviously it may be

Other then seeing how the tires are wearing a crew chief depends a lot on a drivers feedback to point him in the right direction he needs to go with the setup. That is one of the things that brings that much more of value from one driver over another. They are not just steering wheel holders, the information they relay back to the crew chief can play a vital role in how the car performs...and if they give the crew chief bad info then it can lead them in the wrong direction with the setup. It is the crew chiefs responsibility to know what to do with that info so he can make the right adjustments.

Other then seeing how the tires are wearing a crew chief depends a lot on a drivers feedback to point him in the right direction he needs to go with the setup. That is one of the things that brings that much more of value from one driver over another. They are not just steering wheel holders, the information they relay back to the crew chief can play a vital role in how the car performs...and if they give the crew chief bad info then it can lead them in the wrong direction with the setup. It is the crew chiefs responsibility to know what to do with that info.
I couldn't have heard a driver be more vague and clueless than Blaney was yesterday

Other then seeing how the tires are wearing a crew chief depends a lot on a drivers feedback to point him in the right direction he needs to go with the setup. That is one of the things that brings that much more of value from one driver over another. They are not just steering wheel holders, the information they relay back to the crew chief can play a vital role in how the car performs...and if they give the crew chief bad info then it can lead them in the wrong direction with the setup. It is the crew chiefs responsibility to know what to do with that info so he can make the right adjustments.
I think you're missunderstanding me. I know that it's the driver's job to relay information on what they need. Which tire feels like it has grip, etc. But it's the crew chief job to take that information from the driver and translate it into an adjustment.

As I understood Chase's comments, he didn't just communicate what he needed, rather, told Alan what adjustments to make on the car. That's what I'm challenging here. A driver diagnosing, and providing valuable information is not the same thing as the driver telling the CC what tire needs air pressure, if it needs wedge, trackbar, etc.

Back
Top Bottom