Cup RACE thread ---- Martinsville

Between the new car being hyped up for short tracks and road courses, and the simple fact that Martinsville is almost always at least an 8/10 on the race rating scale.... Probably the biggest NASCAR snoozer of the decade. Bristol dirt close to it.

Still a decent race...but...man... Given what Martinsville is and what the new car should be... that was painful to watch

Byron drove that like a bad ass. He’s figuring it out before our eyes. Maybe Kyle Petty was right

You know what? I'm gonna own this take.

Kyle Busch isn't going to win another cup championship, or get to 70 wins.

Both of which I thought were sure things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We’ve reached the point that the leader at Martinsville is untouchable. Dampens my excitement for the new car

As we've seen before, decreasing HP at short tracks is not the answer. Not that it's the answer anywhere. I would think that until the new engine formula comes, a return to a 750 HP short track package would make sense.

You know what? I'm gonna own this take.

Kyle Busch isn't going to win another cup championship, or get to 70 wins.

Both of which I thought were sure things.

With mars leaving I don’t think we have a Kyle Busch in the cup series next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will (naively) believe that we get a package update on short tracks later on this year.

But FFS, just give them the 850HP back. Every race would be so much better.

I think over time changes will come. It’s only the 8th race with this car; you figure things that work and don’t work and fix it.

With mars leaving I don’t think we have a Kyle Busch in the cup series next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs 110% luck to do either feats. He is very very much like Tony Stewart. Super talented but also super streaky

Kyle B got up to 7th with the late pit, Kyle L came back from two down to get a top 20

1649561674286.png

On the bright side I don't think I could of made worse picks for my fantasy team tonight.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He needs 110% luck to do either feats. He is very very much like Tony Stewart. Super talented but also super streaky
Tony was better, imo. He simply won championships while Jeff Gordon was still THE GUY, and is the only driver in a field of Gordon, Kyle Busch, Harvick, Edwards, Kenseth, Kurt Busch to win multiple championships during Johnson's reign. Johnson was the dominant force statistically, from 02-16. Tony won 3 titles.

He also got to 48 wins and 3 titles in the same amount of time Kyle got to 51 wins and 1 title.

Kyle's one of the best, but Tony is the second greatest driver in the most competitive decade or so of the sport.

And his 2011 Homestead race (as much as I hate it) is probably the GOAT single race performance in the history of NASCAR.

Tony was a driver I did not appreciate until his decline. I can go on and on about Smoke.

I still think it'll be the 19. KyBu will run one more 2-3 year contract. Wild card to that would be having Denny drive a third 23XI car.
Truex and KDB are returing within the next 3 years, I could see Ty to either of those cars. I also see Hamlin leaving after this contract to run a third car at 23xl. Big shakeup coming at JGR in the near future

Hell yeah Blaney calling out how hard it was to pass or get to the bumper.

Happy with their finish, not happy with the car. Complaining about not passing.

Anyone from management in nascar that watched that race and doesn't spend the rest of the night awake thinking of ways to improve the short track package needs to have their head examined

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If enough racers will speak up like Blaney, I doubt making changes or adjusting will be a problem.

The biggest thing for me is the shifting. Is it really necessary here or will gear ratios have to be adjusted to prevent shifting? Or will shifting now be a part of the game here?

Back
Top Bottom