Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

Do y’all actually want this every Martinsville race? The move is worth 2 seconds on the final lap. Will the leader do it to ensure he wins? It’s a can of worms here.
Why not? I’d like to see it at the end of even more races, anywhere possible. Richmond, Bristol, new Fontana? Darlington, Homestead. Enhance the show a bit.

I think what Ross did was smart. Did it take any skill? Well, no. But will all that has transpired the past few years with broken cars and broken tracks, it's been apparent that skill doesn't always win.

There's a long history in NASCAR of something being done on Sunday and banned on Monday. If this joins T-Rex, Frankie Stoddard's All-Star pit stop strategy, and most of what Smokey Yunick did, it will only add to today's legend.
Oh man, that one in the all star with Jeff Burton was so genius. Was so so smart not to even ask about it.

Man, that was awesome. Imagine if drivers were trying video game moves each week. That’d be wicked. The sport would never be more popular.

When drivers are agreeing with what I said. Guess I wasn’t the one wrong after all!
Obviously they will have to ban that move, that doesn't change the fact that it was awesome. I don't much care about Ross but It makes me giggle to see Dennis denied again.

I think Ross and Joey are probably going the be the two hungriest in the field next week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yep, the way Penske plays it, Martinsville was nothing to get excited about for the 22 team, but it will be on at Phoenix. If Trackhouse gives Ross the car, he is another one who can get the most out of it.

Theres no way Nascar can have some idiot out there not only making a mockery of Martinsville, but also a mockery of the sport.... this is a F'n joke and sets the precedent to anyone in any Martinsville race in the future... no way Nascar, you can't allow this kind of immaturity behind the wheel. What is something broke off the car and went into the stands or he hit someone from behind at high speed. ??? ban this F'n idiot...
Funniest post I've read in a while. :laugh:

Chastain School of Racing opening this winter.

1667174132624.png

Yep, the way Penske plays it, Martinsville was nothing to get excited about for the 22 team, but it will be on at Phoenix. If Trackhouse gives Ross the car, he is another one who can get the most out of it.
My thoughts exactly.

Chase getting his second one(and his first when he truly deserves it) would be amazing. He’s led the points(non playoff) basically all year. But nothing sadly is guaranteed. He won one he shouldn’t have. Let’s see if he loses one he shouldn’t have.

Come on man, maybe you should just stick to watching professional chess. I hear that's really safe
I mean, I guess I’m sorry that I worry about the drivers I watch every single week. **** happens, but like if you can try and prevent it, then you should.

Obviously they will have to ban that move, that doesn't change the fact that it was awesome. I don't much care about Ross but It makes me giggle to see Dennis denied again.
Why does nascar have to ban that move? Maybe this is something that the drivers council should work out. Not racing back to the yellow was a gentleman's agreement between drivers for years

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Chase getting his second one(and his first when he truly deserves it) would be amazing. He’s led the points(non playoff) basically all year. But nothing sadly is guaranteed. He won one he shouldn’t have. Let’s see if he loses one he shouldn’t have.
Some interesting average finish numbers.

Avg finish over the final 9 races

Bell: 12.2 (11.1 with a win next week)
Logano: 13.4 (12.2 with a win next week)
Chase: 16.4 (14.9 with a win next week)
Chastain: 10.6 (9.7 with a win next week)

Avg playoff finish for champions since 04: 7.14
Worst avg playoff finish: 11.0, 2019 Kyle Busch

So if the previous 17 seasons are any indication, Ross looks like the overwhelming favorites. With Bell still being close. A Logano win (my pick) would be an outlier against this context. An Elliott win, an even bigger outlier.

If avg finish is any indication, Elliott and JoLo could be in trouble and we could be seeing something nuts with Ross.

But it's the season for outliers!

Some interesting average finish numbers.

Avg finish over the final 9 races

Bell: 12.2 (11.1 with a win next week)
Logano: 13.4 (12.2 with a win next week)
Chase: 16.4 (14.9 with a win next week)
Chastain: 10.6 (9.7 with a win next week)

Avg playoff finish for champions since 04: 7.14
Worst avg playoff finish: 11.0, 2019 Kyle Busch

So if the previous 17 seasons are any indication, Ross looks like the overwhelming favorites. With Bell still being close. A Logano win (my pick) would be an outlier against this context. An Elliott win, an even bigger outlier.

If avg finish is any indication, Elliott and JoLo could be in trouble and we could be seeing something nuts with Ross.

But it's the season for outliers!

Hey. That’s all fine and dandy. Doesn’t make anything I said incorrect. If you wasn’t trying to say that, I do apologize. It doesn’t look good for my boy. But I’m holding out hope haha

Chastain’s Last Stand.

Epic. That’s technically the long-ways around and unfavorable to the car. So the fact that he thought to even do it… this guy isn’t to be messed with next Sunday.

Hey. That’s all fine and dandy. Doesn’t make anything I said incorrect. If you wasn’t trying to say that, I do apologize. It doesn’t look good for my boy. But I’m holding out hope haha
I'm just saying the numbers as an indicator would not be very supportive of who either of us want to win lol

Back
Top Bottom