Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

Who is asking them to change rules after 35 races? Regardless, who would be upset if they made the new rule this week? Is he implying there's a chance someone will try riding the wall at Phoenix? :wacko:
No-one. It’s the self-described Godfather.

Another attempt at a “suitable” venue could just as easily end in tears ... the right front hits an imperfection in the super-smooth 😇 wall, causing the front wheels to snap left, sending the concussion-causing spectacularly unsafe Gen 7 experimental Supercar clone careening into a bevy of other similarly equipped crap-wagons.

“I’ve been drivin’ all night
Hands not on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heel
It's my spotter callin', sayin', "I need you here"
And it's a half past four and I'm shiftin' gear”

5th gear. 😎

No-one. It’s the self-described Godfather.

Another attempt at a “suitable” venue could just as easily end in tears ... the right front hits an imperfection in the super-smooth 😇 wall, causing the front wheels to snap left, sending the concussion-causing spectacularly unsafe Gen 7 experimental Supercar clone careening into a bevy of other similarly equipped crap-wagons.

“I’ve been drivin’ all night
Hands not on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heel
It's my spotter callin', sayin', "I need you here"
And it's a half past four and I'm shiftin' gear”

5th gear. 😎
Go to bed, you're drunk. 🍺

Not wanting to change the rules after 35 races???? LMAO! They've changed rules during the season for years. Heck they changed points awarded for a race a week before the race a few years ago. Just another case of keeping the inconsistencies consistent

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think NASCAR lost a bit of respect from me when they added a 13th car instead of throwing out Bowyer and the 15 team.

I think the biggest question this past weekend without a doubt is ................. did the Toelink Survive the Ross Chastain Wall of Death Ride?????

I’ll pass that on to AJ Allmendinger.

Refresh my memory. Has AJ ever driven a car you had to heel and toe with the clutch? Probably at some point he has. Point is, a lot of these guys that are now considered good road racers have only ever done the dumbed down version of it. How many would be as good if they had to do it the old school way? I've driven manual transmissions for forty years, and I know I suck at the skill sets needed to go fast on a road course and not leave the tranny laying out on the track.

Refresh my memory. Has AJ ever driven a car you had to heel and toe with the clutch? Probably at some point he has. Point is, a lot of these guys that are now considered good road racers have only ever done the dumbed down version of it. How many would be as good if they had to do it the old school way? I've driven manual transmissions for forty years, and I know I suck at the skill sets needed to go fast on a road course and not leave the tranny laying out on the track.
They have been banging those Jerico Trannys with no clutch since the 80's

At some point you will realize there are people here that just want to argue. Don't take their bait. Just tune them out.

At some point you will realize there are people here that just want to argue. Don't take their bait. Just tune them out.
The Jackman doesn’t appear to be offended by my reasonable response to his post and he answered back in kind.

Why are you?

Another of the dying arts ... even more difficult for us left foot brakers.

At this point, I think NASCAR is the last professional race series that requires drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel in order to change gear.

Another of the dying arts ... even more difficult for us left foot brakers.

At this point, I think NASCAR is the last professional race series that requires drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel in order to change gear.
Upshift for the last time and you don't need to put your hands back on the wheel.

I would wager it’s stripped down with the rear clip removed ready for the update.

Back
Top Bottom