Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

5s pace is good. Just a bobble there. But because of team orders, and gifting the 9 the best pit stall even though they didn't earn it in qualifying more or less puts the race in the 9s control at this point.

Unless we get some Chase Briscoe nonsense, gonna be tough for 9 to be beat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
They earned the right to pick second. They picked second.

I don't like the team order stuff that the playoffs create. That's all. Especially with the gen 7 turning Martinsville into an aero race.

But again, no rules about it. So nothing about it is wrong. Now if Larson or Bowman brings out a yellow to help Chase, then yes that’s against the rules. But Larson doesn’t HAVE to take stall 1.

1/4 turn of the wheel to navigate the Martinsville corners.

Real impressed with Custer. 11 looks untouchable on the long run.

Denny just knows how to get around this this place better than anyone in the field.

I guess that's one of the perks of him getting his ass whooped by Gordon and Johnson here for a decade.

Starting outside the top 10 at a place tough to pass. Denny stuffed the field in a locker on this run. Hopefully he’s not peaking early again.

Hamlin giving himself a cut tire would not hurt my feelings.

...why did Chase change his line? Lol
Remember in 2016 in this same race? Johnson did the same thing to Hamlin, and later came back and passed him for the win.

No sense in driving defensively.

"You're faster? Go ahead and pass me on the inside if you can beat my drive off"

It's smarter, and I would guess, easier to stay in a rhythm than trying to run the bottom while looking in the mirror lap after lap.

Stage 1 was the Martinville I love. Great racing, tire wear, comers and goers, no cautions the best part of all. I wish all three stages could go that way today and I would be happy regardless of who wins. That's my impossibile dream for the day.

Back
Top Bottom