Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

I was watching this race live when it happened. I'll never forget it. After seeing the replay numerous times the one guy standing along the fence in the infield still gets me. His buddies to his right saw the car coming and started to bail. He was still looking towards turn 3 well after Grissom hit the wall....

This was the last Atlanta race in the old configuration.

Only when its Kyle. Somewhere beneath your bias, I know you can recognize a car that makes better downforce than the cars around. That said, Kyle is way better than those two.

I know all KB fans share that similar expressive, self validating, reaction formation cognitive schema (just as fans of other drivers share similar fan traits that mannifest from their personality)...but at some point, the act you guys inadvertently put on in result of his reception and personality has to drop right?

Kyle is one of the 10-15 best ever. Surely you realize his case as GOAT takes a big hit when he was out titled by two drivers during 10 years of his prime, and out won by another driver who has a legit GOAT resume (god forbid there be a superior driver).

You fans hurt your driver's objective greatness. We know he's great, but it's hard to truly appreciate his greatness when his fans gloat like a bunch of drunk Patriots fans with their fingers in their ears. Like it or not, this is the truth. Kyle is amazing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
What? o_O

Only when its Kyle. Somewhere beneath your bias, I know you can recognize a car that makes better downforce than the cars around. That said, Kyle is way better than those two.

I know all KB fans share that similar expressive, self validating, reaction formation cognitive schema (just as fans of other drivers share similar fan traits that mannifest from their personality)...but at some point, the act you guys inadvertently put on in result of his reception and personality has to drop right?

Kyle is one of the 10-15 best ever. Surely you realize his case as GOAT takes a big hit when he was out titled by two drivers during 10 years of his prime, and out won by another driver who has a legit GOAT resume (god forbid there be a superior driver).

You fans hurt your driver's objective greatness. We know he's great, but it's hard to truly appreciate his greatness when his fans gloat like a bunch of drunk Patriots fans with their fingers in their ears. Like it or not, this is the truth. Kyle is amazing

Our appreciation and good natured fun in supporting KB is congruent to (actually probably less than) the amount of time spent on the act of disliking around here. This is a great dissertation infused with bias which passively/aggressively attempts to make #RowdyNation feel as though they have done something wrong. You can dislike the driver, but you cannot silence those who appreciate and take great joy in his success. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a dinner date with Dr. Phil.

Our appreciation and good natured fun in supporting KB is congruent to (actually probably less than) the amount of time spent on the act of disliking around here. This is a great dissertation infused with bias which passively/aggressively attempts to make #RowdyNation feel as though they have done something wrong. You can dislike the driver, but you cannot silence those who appreciate and take great joy in his success. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a dinner date with Dr. Phil.
Got it all wrong..and you are proving my point. As Ive said before, I like Kyle..a lot. Hes entertaining, fun to watch drove, and is hilarious. Easily in my 4 favorite active drivers. Its the behavior of his fans that I find tiresome... so again..thats my point.
People dont always hate him

Got it all wrong..and you are proving my point. As Ive said before, I like Kyle..a lot. Hes entertaining, fun to watch drove, and is hilarious. Easily in my 4 favorite active drivers. Its the behavior of his fans that I find tiresome... so again..thats my point.

Fair enough, but I stand behind my statement regarding the amount of good natured fun v. acts of dislike, disrespect, or whatever one might call it. Fans of KB stand out while dislikers fade into the masses. This is a guy one is not supposed to like, and that is exactly what fuels the commentaries you see.

More downforce with identical body's that have all went thru the same inspection process ? More mechanical grip maybe ? Maybe a steadier hand and foot ? Maybe even a bigger set of stones. No matter ...... Kyle Busch nation is happy with the race results and even happier with all the negativity. But you nailed one thing, Kyle IS amazing

Nascar never sent us the manual on proper fan behavior :( @Revman can't read anyway, he just likes the pretty colors on Kyle's car :booya:
Don't rub Phils bald head like you did last time ! He said this is the last chance for you

Yup, I remember that wreck. I was watching with my buds, we thought for sure he wasn’t coming out of that car.

It's amazing the crashes guys walked away from back in the day. At the end of the day this sport has been extremely safe over a long period of time. There were some obviously unfortunate losses but when you think about the % of actual catastrophic accidents its miniscule. Arguably the worst wreck in Pocono history, Allison in '88, was nothing more than a direct hit to the drivers side door while his car was stationary in the middle of the track. That could have happened anywhere.

Harvick was 2-3 tenths better than the field. ****ting away wins.....
If the 4 car could switch race day teams with the 18, they would have 10+ wins this year and the 18 would be lucky to have 3. Kyle's team consistently gets him out front, Kevin's consistently gets him behind.

If the 4 car could switch race day teams with the 18, they would have 10+ wins this year and the 18 would be lucky to have 3. Kyle's team consistently gets him out front, Kevin's consistently gets him behind.

I agree, but this is what Kyle Busch does. Regardless of the car, he is so good that he stays close. You screw up, he pounces. If you put an identical robot in both cars right now, Homestead is a 4 lock. However, we have seen this narrative over and over.....Kyle Busch is worth 2-3 tenths just strapping in, and that team/crew chief can manufacture wins--this is where the 4 teams lacks, and that is why the 18 leads the points.

Heard that Harvick, in drawing up his will, requested that upon his passing that his pit crew serve as pall bearers so that they can let him down one last time . . .

Bubba is the new Danica, but I have to admit, the "no twins" line was funny as hell.

He is going to be limping around like an old man for a while I would bet, deep bruising takes a time to heal. Nothing on his twitter so far today. I hope he says something on how it is going.

He'll be walking gingerly for the next week or so and yeah the twins comment was funny as hell.

His TV time to win ratio is the same. I love him. I desperately want him to prove me wrong.

He passed your boy at Bristol on pace with a team on half the budget.

Cmon dude, he's shown more in a half of a season than Danica ever did in a superior car. He's been up and down for his first year and he think he's underperformed. He expects more from himself and honestly, he's done a good job for a team in limbo.

He passed your boy at Bristol on pace with a team on half the budget.

Cmon dude, he's shown more in a half of a season than Danica ever did in a superior car. He's been up and down for his first year and he think he's underperformed. He expects more from himself and honestly, he's done a good job for a team in limbo.

I love the guy, but until you have won, you haven't.

really. In today's climate, unless there is fog or rain, or being in the right place at the right time in a plate race, unless you are in four or five special cars your chances of winning are slim to none.

Last edited:
Winning in that RPM car would be a tall task. Aric did it on a weather shortened race on a plate track.

I'll remember this post if he does win in the 43.

I will be happily reminded.

Back
Top Bottom