Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

Claiming nepotism as the reason why Chase has a cup ride is just crazy. What does HMS owe to Bill? He's not employed by them, and has no power to make personnel decisions. I've officially heard it all.

He drove their equipment to a championship at age 18. I'd like to think that had a little to do with the decision.

What I like about Suarez is that he’s an outsider in terms of stock car history. His English was terrible and he self-taught himself.
He struggled terribly in his first year and made incredible progress in the following years.
Great run for those guys today.

Ignoring the win column is what ruins your argument. Chevrolet drivers aren’t doing that well this year.
Ignore Chase’s career stats and bring in every other Chevy driver in 2018 alone.

Nice.

Ignore Chase’s career stats and bring in every other Chevy driver in 2018 alone.

Nice.
I pull for my guys. Stats are what people refer to when comparing teams or individuals in ANY sport. Wins are usually what people reference regardless of sport.

Are you suggesting the Busch brother’s dad was a Cup star?

Kyle was almost a Roush driver, then HMS snatched him from Roush.

Kurt Busch won the championship in 04'. Remember when Kyle drove for Ford? He separated and went to HMS after racing for Roush for a couple of truck races. NEMCO with HMS backed cars was his first appearance that 2004 season... Kyle was not driven by nepotism because he earned his stripes to where he is now. He had a LOT of help just like Saurez, Elliott, and others.

I pull for my guys. Stats are what people refer to when comparing teams or individuals in ANY sport. Wins are usually what people reference regardless of sport.
Thats rich coming from someone who supposedly left the sport for years because it was trying to be other sports and now you want to reference other sports.

No other sport has top 5s or overall team points to define a season.

Your argument is bad.

Kyle was almost a Roush driver, then HMS snatched him from Roush.

Kurt Busch won the championship in 04'. Remember when Kyle drove for Ford? He separated and went to HMS after racing for Roush for a couple of truck races. NEMCO with HMS backed cars was his first appearance that 2004 season... Kyle was not driven by nepotism because he earned his stripes to where he is now. He had a LOT of help just like Saurez, Elliott, and others.
I disagree with your assessment that the Busch brothers had any NASCAR contacts remotely resembling those of Chase Elliott.

Thats rich coming from someone who supposedly left the sport for years because it was trying to be other sports and now you want to reference other sports.

No other sport has top 5s or overall team points to define a season.

Your argument is bad.
Your driver isn’t a winner. I’m ok with that.
Did you watch the race today?

I disagree with your assessment that the Busch brothers had any NASCAR contacts remotely resembling those of Chase Elliott.

- Brother wins championship
- Gets first starts from Roush
- Impresses in ARCA and Truck series starts
- HMS signs him as a development driver in 04
- Cup series starts in 2005

He had family ties, too. Kurt really helped propel his brother. That's all I'm saying.

- Brother wins championship
- Gets first starts from Roush
- Impresses in ARCA and Truck series starts
- HMS signs him as a development driver in 04
- Cup series starts in 2005

He had family ties, too. Kurt really helped propel his brother. That's all I'm saying.
Kurt told em all along his brother was a much better driver than he was!

Dude do you not have a smart phone?
nah he's a KDB fan
Not that impressive they had a good strategy which got them out front to clean air and yes he is better than the guys he was racing wow amazing

Harvick's pit crew did it again, at best they maintain the status quo, or worse on pit road, they almost never gain him any spots on pit road. KDB's crew passes a lot of cars on pit road for him.

Back
Top Bottom