Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

Doesn't look bad there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There's one cell near the track but nothing else behind it. If it's through within the next 15-20 minutes and the sun comes out they can still get this to 100 laps imo.

The tracks surely do.

If you want a Cup date, put lights in. This isn't the little leagues.

Not that easy. I'm pretty sure local ordinances at Indy and Dover make it virtually impossible. At a track like Pocono that's in the middle of nowhere safety is an issue. The entire facility must be lit, not just the track. The thought of fans leaving Pocono at night seems really skectchy....

I live in a desert, what do you think?,

Didn't Jr win a rain shortened race at Phoenix a few years ago? I remember that was one of those years it seemed like every weekend it rained and Phoenix in the middle of the desert for crying out loud that one rained too lol..

Not that easy. I'm pretty sure local ordinances at Indy and Dover make it virtually impossible. At a track like Pocono that's in the middle of nowhere safety is an issue. The entire facility must be lit, not just the track. The thought of fans leaving Pocono at night seems really skectchy....
Not that I support the idea that all tracks should have lights but many of those that do use temporary rental lights in the lots.

For reference the ARCA race on Friday was 80 laps and they started around 610. Be interested to see if they set the distance or see how things go. 100 laps seems safe anything else could be pushing it...

For reference the ARCA race on Friday was 80 laps and they started around 610. Be interested to see if they set the distance or see how things go. 100 laps seems safe anything else could be pushing it...
Halfway I bet will be the distance since what makes races official.

Halfway I bet will be the distance since what makes races official.

Halfway would be 71 laps. Given how strategy plays such a role at Pocono they should be transparent imo. Granted, I've been to numerous races where they announced a shortened distance on the fly. This kind of reminds of Elliott's win in 2002 after two long delays, one after the Park/Jr wreck and the other for rain.

Engines fired, lets do this.............again.

Lets do this! Stoked for the return of racing and golf.....I feel like I've said that before.

Radar looks good. One last small cell northwest of track but its path should keep it away plus it's weakening....

Back
Top Bottom