Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

There was quite a few good races at Pocono compared to this....

- Joey Logano vs Mark Martin in 2012, Dale Jr has his best car in years
- Gordon winning in 2012? I believe while Johnson and Kenseth junk the field with rain coming
-Kahne absolutely smoking Gordon on a restart
-Dale Jr vs Brad Keselowski 2014
-Dale Jr vs Kevin Harvick 2014, great race
- Matt Kenseth wins in fuel in 2016?
- Chris Buescher in 2016.

- Gordon winning in 2012? I believe while Johnson and Kenseth junk the field with rain coming
Jeremy Mayfield on Dale Earnhardt Sr. back in the day...

This place rivals Loudon

glad you think so. I guess I should have wished for fuel mileage or weather.

Off the top of my head...
- Mayfield, Rusty and Burton in 2000. Everyone remembers the Sr.-Mayfield finish in June but what's often forgotten is the karma that got Mayfield on the final lap in July
- Labonte vs DE Jr in 2001
- 1998 Mayfield overtakes Waltrip late. Last time DW had a legit chance to win.
-1995 Jarrett passes then holds of Gordon. Win might have changed Jarrett's fate at Yates and ultimately his career. Only win in the #28....
- 1995 Gordon misses a shift on a very late restart and Texas Terry wins..
-1994 Rusty passes Sr. on the last lap to win...
-1992 Famous Davey flip race. DW ends up winning in a wild fuel mileage scramble...
- 1992 Kulwicki passes Elliott with 12 to go. Would prove to be huge in the title chase.
-1989 Elliott chases down Rusty and passes him with 5 to go
-1987 Sr passes Kulwicki on the last lap
- 1986 Richmond gets caught up in a big wreck off the tunnel turn, drives his car backwards to pit road then later passes Bodine with 1 to go to win. The race ends in a 3 way photo finish between Richmond, Bodine and Rudd. The movie "Days of Thunder" made reference...
-1985 Elliott holds of Gant in a photo finish

Last edited:
Fabulous race. I love a blow out. I love a TRD blow out. I love a Rowdy blow out powered by TRD even more. Just fabulous.

Fabulous race. I love a blow out. I love a TRD blow out. I love a Rowdy blow out powered by TRD even more. Just fabulous.

Except it wasn't a blow out. Not even close. He lurked and counted down laps during the race, then dominated the final stage. KyBu led only 79 of 160 laps. KyLar respect it or not, won two stages.

Last edited:
I am currently researching the event to see if was considered to be a " quality pass "

I did a quick Jeff Gluck-esque poll of myself to determine whether or not it was a "quality pass." All votes are in, and yes, 100% say it absolutely was a "quality pass."

I did a quick Jeff Gluck-esque poll of myself to determine whether or not it was a "quality pass." All votes are in, and yes, 100% say it absolutely was a "quality pass."
The bible of the racing Gods says that the pass has to stick for a certain distance and or a certain time .... it didn't, Rowdy saw to that :idunno: I must very respectfully disagree sir :booya:
Except it wasn't a blow out. Not even close. He lurked and counted down laps during the race, then dominated the final stage. KyBu led only 79 of 160 laps. KyLar respect it or not, won two stages.
Kyle ( Busch ) led the only lap that really matters to some of us .... mid race antics should not matter. He who puts together a race and finishes first at the end, he be the man :salute:
NASCAR quietly agrees with me, even they know a gimmick when they create one ! the proof you ask ? Only one guy walked away with a trophy :headbang:
Kyle ( Busch ) led the only lap that really matters to some of us ... mid race antics should not matter. He who puts together a race and finishes first at the end has accomplished a blowout

Not that -- this:

It wasn't "Fabulous" or a "blow out"...

Not that -- this:

It wasn't "Fabulous" or a "blow out"...

I agree with @Revman ! You see, long ago when Kyle Busch blew 3 engines in three races, Revman talked me down from a window on the 145 floor, he promised that better days were coming and he was right, a bond like that is a powerful thing :D

The race pretty much sucked -- so not "Fabulous", and

KyBu's performance wasn't a blow out -- "blow out" is what Brad Keselowski did earlier this year at Martinsville.

The race pretty much sucked -- so not "Fabulous", and

KyBu's performance wasn't a blow out -- "blow out" is what Brad Keselowski did earlier this year at Martinsville.

I agree, the race was poor at best, even with the Kyle Busch blowout :unsure: But, a Kyle Busch bow and burnout is always fabulous

Back
Top Bottom