Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

Chase Elliott has been doing a lot of talking about how lucky he's been with lane selection these last two weeks, but this one is just a whole new level.

It takes luck to win championships, just like the 5 last year and with all the breaks the 9 has been getting with double file restarts, it's just starting to have that sort of feel to this season.

Being fast is one thing, but being fast AND lucky over the course of time is as unbeatable as it gets. 04, 06-10, 15, 16, 19.

I picked Chase to repeat last year, but I'm locking it in this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Delete this. Now.

KKehTEW.jpg

Denny’s a HOFer. But he’s not Tony Stewart. He’s more a Matt Kenseth, Bobby Labonte, Jeff Burton who was lucky enough to hang around in the best car in the field for most of his career.
Bobby Labonte and Jeff Burton were only in good cars like 6 or 7 years of their careers.

Oh sh!t, I accidentally left it on USA and now Austin Dillon’s Life in the Fast Lane is on. Where’s the remote? I said WHERE’S THE M@$#%! F$&!@?! REMOTE!!!!!!!

I made the same mistake

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I bet you guys are like that scene of Chris Farley and David Spade in Tommy Boy. "Uhhh, you can turn it if you want to...." "uhhhh, I'm ok if you are..." hahaha

Aww let him have his fun, then sleep it off. Tomorrow is soon enough to discover the horror show…
Nope....no partying. Not my thing....Taking my medicine....

eh B.S. this was intentional cheating. Kez got docked like 50 points and I believe fined also and he didn't win a race

It's a good idea not to gloat in the first place. ;)
True, but sports fandom tends to bring out the worst in people. I will also point out that cheating has been an integral part of NASCAR since race #1 and I don't get too spun out about it, whether it goes in my favor like today, or against my favor has it has many times in the past.

True, but sports fandom tends to bring out the worst in people.
Gloating isn't the worst in people.....It's part of the fun. Irritating sometimes, but part of the fun for some. Bigotry, hatred, discrimination......which have all been part of this sport unfortunately are the worst qualities of fans.....gaining on that I think.

Nope....no partying. Not my thing....Taking my medicine....
Revman, no harm intended. As much as I can’t stand Hambone or KDB, I admire your love of Toyota and your passion for the sport. Still some good takeaways for you today…Ty Gibbs for sure. Our nickname for Ty is DASH, like the Dash character from “The Incredibles”. Ty even looks like Dash…

C10803E8-8E80-4608-B423-46F8535F39BF.jpeg

Bobby Labonte and Jeff Burton were only in good cars like 6 or 7 years of their careers.
That’s exactly my point. Denny has just been in a JGR hot rod for 15 years. And he’s winning talent like those guys were, that came in at the top and was lucky enough to stay at the top.

I’m not disputing his results. I just don’t see him as the same caliber of driver as Stewart, Harvick, Johnson. Maybe Kenseth, Mark Martin tier.

Revman, no harm intended. As much as I can’t stand Hambone or KDB, I admire your love of Toyota and your passion for the sport. Still some good takeaways for you today…Ty Gibbs for sure. Our nickname for Ty is DASH, like the Dash character from “The Incredibles”. Ty even looks like Dash…

View attachment 64203
I appreciate that, but I'm not sugar coating this. So, proud of Ty to hit the sim at 1:00 a.m. to prepare. Proud of his approach today....but anything that happened after the green is subject to whatever the outcome of the appeal is.....Let's not fool ourselves....these cars come from the same shop.

Maybe The Coach should wait until after post-race inspection before thanking God.

How utterly humiliating.

If the yotas would spend less on cheating they might be able to afford to keep KDB. They didn't just slather it on the front end. They had to use the wind tunnel and that was big bucks.

Back
Top Bottom