Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

Black wrap scheme on the nose is eerily similar, no?

1118.jpeg

Spec, spec, spec- seems like the word of the year and this thread.

This is not a spec series. Too much money and too high a level of competition for anything to remain "spec" for very long. I don't care what the rulebooks say.

Part of me thinks if they didn't appeal it has to be something pretty blatant that they don't want to lose fans and potential sponsors over it all coming out in an appeal. You seriously tried what? I can't be associated with this lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hendrick has been collecting Vettes for years. He doesn't buy plain janes.
a vette here, a vette there. They're all special to Mr. H ........ almost drove HMS to never win again depending on who you ask.

Back in 16 Hendrick bought the #1 serial numbers for 55, 56, and a 57 Vettes. Anyone care to guess what those three are worth? sheesh. He paid 1.65 million back in 16 for them. At the same auction he bought a 69 L-88 Vette (drool) for 525 thousand one of 116.
All I can tell is this guy was no flunky and he has worked several events at HMS and seen the cars up close. As far as buying three cars worth 1.65 million, the conversation we were having was standing next to a 1971 ZR2 1 of 1 survivor previously owned by another guy that lived near me that I never got to meet, and that car is valued at 1.1 million by itself. Also, for those that are not intimately familiar with Corvettes, very very few are in the upper echelons of classic car values. Compared to what some of the Mopars bring, the Vettes are actually a bargain.

Harvick isn't even having a very bad season, he's still running a lot better than his teammates most of the time.
Hw would be safe with a win though, he has more points than six other drivers that have a win.
They are a respectable, consistent top 10 team - actually tied for fourth in the series in Top 10s right now. However, if you don’t have elite speed in this series anymore you are nothing. Denny Hamlin has fewer points than McDowell, but is sitting in the top half of the playoff field while the latter is nowhere near it. They just do not factor into the pointy end of the field often enough for this format.

They are a respectable, consistent top 10 team - actually tied for fourth in the series in Top 10s right now. However, if you don’t have elite speed in this series anymore you are nothing. Denny Hamlin has fewer points than McDowell, but is sitting in the top half of the playoff field while the latter is nowhere near it. They just do not factor into the pointy end of the field often enough for this format.
Could just be me, but this year the unfairness between cars that run well compared to those who win but as far as overall performing season wise are inferior. Hamlin is one example compared to McDowell

The collection includes about 150 Corvettes, including the first ZR1 ever produced. 7th in the world in most expensive car collections
If you are talking about the 1990 ZR1, I had my picture taken next to it. I'm not sure it's the first though, but certainly ONE of the first. If I remember correctly, Rick, Dale Earnhardt and Rick Mears were all given cars at the same time. I was thinking production #1 was at Bowling Green, but would have to check my photos.

The collection includes about 150 Corvettes, including the first ZR1 ever produced. 7th in the world in most expensive car collections
I'd like to have a collection of those cars myself.

ChARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Joe Gibbs Racing declined to appeal the penalties levied by NASCAR that stripped Denny Hamlin of his Pocono Raceway victory and cost Kyle Busch his runner-up

I see nothing but positives so far. They nailed Keselowski who aparently took it upon himself to "improve" the wheels on Penske's and his race cars. Nascar just this week busted Petty GMS for changing the mesh on the exhaust boxes. Reading a lot of the social media about the DQ's of the rice burners, it's mostly favorable except for a few die hard yota fans. The finishing orders this year are showing that it isn't all lopsided because the smaller teams with less pit and driver skills many times are scoring well. I'm more convinced this year that this stupid chase nonsense should disappear. Somebody like Hamlin ranked 21 in regular points shouldn't be contentin the playoffs ranked 8th
Just more contrived content by Nascar.All directed talk is about the chase every week.

Scott Miller just said on Sirius XM that it was on lower portion of the front fascia near splitter, extra layers of vinyl wrap that violated CAD files. So no bondo, sadly

Everybody saying elliot is a shew in as this years champion as if there isn’t always somebody who bombs out in one of the rounds of the farce championship format we have now. Elliot could go on a tear and win every race from now to martinsville and lead 311/312 laps at Phoenix and a tire issue on the last lap could cost him a championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody saying elliot is a shew in as this years champion as if there isn’t always somebody who bombs out in one of the rounds of the farce championship format we have now. Elliot could go on a tear and win every race from now to martinsville and lead 311/312 laps at Phoenix and a tire issue on the last lap could cost him a championship

If that was truly possible, it would make NASCAR a joke.

Part of me thinks if they didn't appeal it has to be something pretty blatant that they don't want to lose fans and potential sponsors over it all coming out in an appeal. You seriously tried what? I can't be associated with this lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Thank you for not saying "loose"

Yep. Definitely far from a sure thing.

On the flip side, I do wonder if the same people that have celebrated the regular season points champ as the real champion the past few seasons will keep that same energy for Chase in a few weeks.

What a douchenozzle move, Mr. Hamlin.

Taking it like a man and being a great influence for all those young fans out there :sarcasm:
I’m assuming the sarcasm is in your first statement? Because, and I think he really is a douch, I think he’s handling it pretty well….I‘m sure a PR group is helping though.

On the flip side, I do wonder if the same people that have celebrated the regular season points champ as the real champion the past few seasons will keep that same energy for Chase in a few weeks.
🙄. Oh you poor Chase fans…..dang I’ve never seen a more “woe is me” lot of fans in my life…..maybe 24 fans years ago?

So who else is cheating?The conspiracy lover in me has to know.Gotta hand it to these top tier teams to try everything available as the sponsors will expect a consistent frontrunning team of cars.I have to believe the r and d will actually increase as the game got exponentially more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom