Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

Good for him, so what does that have to do with him wrecking the 5? I guess that gives him a pass?

As for Chocs question, the result is absolutely no different but I dont know what the point is, its wrong at Martinsville and its wrong at Pocono. I mean hell didnt Denny recently wreck the 9 and got booed out of the track at Martinsville? Being the leader shouldnt make you a Target.

Kyle is right, this has become acceptable and its made it all the way down to the lower series where kids are doing "whatever it takes" because thats the way the Big boys do it. Tracks all across the country are dealing with this now, they arent learning how to race they have no respect, the " drivers code" is being thrown out the window. You reap what you sow.
I could not agree more and I have never cared for the bump and runs. I realize it is a slippery slope because rubbing is racing and it the best stuff ever when it is just hard racing that is on the edge but still respectful.

Running another car up against the wall just to make him back off is BS and a cheap way to win races. That's what I hate most about late race cautions and GWC's. It is an invitation to bulldoze the driver in front of you for the win.

It seems Revman loves the anti-hero and Toyota. That’s cool if it‘s your thing.

Agree with Spotter that this practice of Hamlin’s is bad for the sport. And he’s such a dweeb doing it. Hambone reminds me of the panzy bullies from elementary school, who acted all tough and took cheap shots while running to hide near a teacher. It comes out in his statements, his in car radio, how he’s never wrong and it’s always somebody else’s fault.

Who can like a douche like that? His mama maybe? He can’t keep a woman, so that says something.

Yes I hate Hambone. He’s a punk with a face you’d love to punch, and a smarmy mouth that begs for a beat down. He needs to get walled about 4 races in a row so he gets the message.

Myself, I don't want people involved like a gerbil Burton who think they are THE judge and jury for the racing. Having to listen to his opinions the whole race instead of just report what happens dam it, proves to be a brain numbing experience. So I am against having an itty bitty $hity committee and those types of persons that those committes draw riding herd on the racing and defining what is "moral" racing.

Let the fans judge Hamlin's move, the majority didn't like it. The move has been shown from daylight to dark on the media side, and I bet there are fans right now that can't wait to get to Richmond to try to throw something and scream at Hamlin lol. It's one of the reasons the stands are full and the ratings are healthy. Nascar isn't going to let it get out of hand, they have been keeping a lid on it for years, stepping in when it goes completely crazy.

Some of us are wishing and hoping Larson retaliates...and we will be watching.

Chocolate Myers posed an interesting question this morning.....How is what Denny did different than giving a guy a shot at Martinsville and forcing him out of his lane?

It depends on what he means. Is he talking about what Denny did to Chase at Martinsville '17? Or is he talking about a bump and run? Because the former is a total chicken **** move, while the latter is fairly common.

It's silly to compare racing at Pocono to racing at Martinsville. Sometimes the only way for a faster car to pass a slower car at a short track is to move him. Not wreck him, not wall him, not diving into a corner with the intent to dump someone or completely use them up. Just a well timed bump to force a guy out of your way when he's clearly an impediment. And usually the trailing car will give a few "warning" shots before they become more aggressive. There's a nuance to it.

Like everything else in life, context matters.

204 people have won at least once at NASCAR’s top level over a 75 year span.

12 of those have more wins than Dennis Hamlin. 12 …

His parents bet the house.

Agree with Spotter that this practice of Hamlin’s is bad for the sport. And he’s such a dweeb doing it. Hambone reminds me of the panzy bullies from elementary school, who acted all tough and took cheap shots while running to hide near a teacher. It comes out in his statements, his in car radio, how he’s never wrong and it’s always somebody else’s fault.

Who can like a douche like that? His mama maybe? He can’t keep a woman, so that says something.

Yes I hate Hambone. He’s a punk with a face you’d love to punch, and a smarmy mouth that begs for a beat down. He needs to get walled about 4 races in a row so he gets the message.
Sorry man but Chastain fans complaining about Hamlin driving too aggressive is hypocritical af.

Y’all are perfectly fine with wrecking people as long as your guy does it.

I don't think Denny is dirty. I think this is a bunch of drama. His podcast triggers the **** out of people. He isn't likable...but I am starting to love him because he doesn't care. KB left a void....Denny is filling it.

Chocolate Myers posed an interesting question this morning.....How is what Denny did different than giving a guy a shot at Martinsville and forcing him out of his lane? For those committed to flaming me....STFU....this is Choc asking....answer the question.....and KB himself said that this was a new way of racing today......

Look, Denny has done a ton for this sport....owner....entertaining podcast....driver.....brought the world's greatest athlete into ownership......He is moving the needle....like him or not....

BTW.....My first Denny Hamlin hat is coming in a couple of days....and no, I am not joking.
I do think Denny Hamlin is playing into the heel and playing into the lack of accountability.

But I think a lot of the dislike came from things like cheating on his daughter's mother, paying friends to hangout with him/shoot with paint balls, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's silly to compare racing at Pocono to racing at Martinsville. Sometimes the only way for a faster car to pass a slower car at a short track is to move him.
I think that KB is suggesting that maybe there isn't a difference anymore with the new car.

I think that KB is suggesting that maybe there isn't a difference anymore with the new car.
Eh, I don't know about that. There is plenty of passes being made without the Hamlin bum F move. Pocono isn't one of them though usually. That track has never been an easy one to pass on. It is a bit better with the new car.

Here's the thing....before all of this.....before the podcast.....before Kyle Busch became a fan darling.....before ownership.....nobody gave a **** about Denny. The rent is free in so many people's heads......Now we have posters going after his love life, etc.....I think that who he drives for enters into this as well.....witness the KB love fest. Enjoy the show.

If the bodies were not so resiliant there would be less of this type of driving

Here's the thing....before all of this.....before the podcast.....before Kyle Busch became a fan darling.....before ownership.....nobody gave a **** about Denny. The rent is free in so many people's heads......Now we have posters going after his love life, etc.....I think that who he drives for enters into this as well.....witness the KB love fest. Enjoy the show.
At best it is smoke and mirrors with everybody dancing around the elephant in the room. Only two Cup champ wins for the preacher since 08 and goose egg for Hambone. He has earned his anonymity and only gets the spotlight when he does something stupid. Nobody in the press has a harsh word for that dismal record, it's not good to shake the tree on one of their money makers. So we go on getting the smoke blown up are A's ...yeah Hamlin is a factor, he ran Larson out of racetrack, beware, danger, woooo. lol Luv it.

See, I'm indifferent to Denny other than the fact that he's wrecked my guy out of two wins.

But I think you're wrong here Rev. Fans have been at Denny's head for a while about things outside of racing, prior to this year. It's louder now, and he plays into it. But it isn't really new.

I distinctly remember there being a bit of an outcry and character judgement when his relationship scandal came into effect. There's just more of a magnifying glass on it.

Drivers and their antics tend to get in the way but a general character judgement against Hamlin has seemed to be an underlying thing for, what, a decade now?

It's just that now, all the heels are no longer heels and there's no noise blocking the Hamlin dislike...and he's embracing it. It's always been a thing..there's just a magnifying glass over it now, and he's delightfuly walking under it, because he thinks it's good for the sport.

Which it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Helmet tossing, some of these are pretty good. Ward threw gloves.

Actually, Ward threw his shoe heat shields. You can see him take them off in the video.

I was there that night and happened to have the scanner set to Ward.

Ward: Who hit me?
Spotter: It was the 8.
Ward: You tell him when I get out of this m***** f*****, I'm looking for him.

Good for him, so what does that have to do with him wrecking the 5? I guess that gives him a pass?

As for Chocs question, the result is absolutely no different but I dont know what the point is, its wrong at Martinsville and its wrong at Pocono. I mean hell didnt Denny recently wreck the 9 and got booed out of the track at Martinsville? Being the leader shouldnt make you a Target.

Kyle is right, this has become acceptable and its made it all the way down to the lower series where kids are doing "whatever it takes" because thats the way the Big boys do it. Tracks all across the country are dealing with this now, they arent learning how to race they have no respect, the " drivers code" is being thrown out the window. You reap what you sow.
That he did, then called Bowman a hack for the same move

Sorry man but Chastain fans complaining about Hamlin driving too aggressive is hypocritical af.

Y’all are perfectly fine with wrecking people as long as your guy does it.
I don’t agree. For whatever Ross has done, due to overly aggressive driving or bad moves, he has apologized and owned up to it when appropriate. Hambone NEVER does anything wrong, is ALWAYS right, and has admitted he pushes the cars up in the turns on purpose via his podcast admission weeks back. He is a narcissistic azz, has been for his whole career (but much worse in the last 5 years), and seems to believe his role is to embrace the dark side. And narcissists will keep doing this until they are pushed completely out of getting their way with the behavior. THAT is why we need a parade of drivers to wall him UNTIL HE STOPS.

I don’t agree. For whatever Ross has done, due to overly aggressive driving or bad moves, he has apologized and owned up to it when appropriate. Hambone NEVER does anything wrong, is ALWAYS right, and has admitted he pushes the cars up in the turns on purpose via his podcast admission weeks back. He is a narcissistic azz, has been for his whole career (but much worse in the last 5 years), and seems to believe his role is to embrace the dark side. And narcissists will keep doing this until they are pushed completely out of getting their way with the behavior. THAT is why we need a parade of drivers to wall him UNTIL HE STOPS.
Tbh. Doing it and saying sorry should only go so far, because if you’re TRULY sorry, you stop doing it.

All Denny has to do is switch to Chevy and all will be forgiven
Denny is definitely no Kyle. Yes I like Kyle driving for Childress/Chevy, but Kyle is more of a case where even before the move I was still already warming up to him (although very slightly) out of pure respect for his accomplishments with his 200 wins etc (yes I know some were trucks etc but still a lot more competitive than many of Richard's lap the field wins), like I did JG/JJ late in their careers also.

I've tried and in no way shape or form am I able to warm up to Denny no matter what he does. Who knows though, maybe with regards to his dirty driving etc, a certain Toyota toddler can help him find God.

Back
Top Bottom