Cup RACE thread --- Pocono

You know looking at the pics of Pocono from this afternoon, the size of that crowd still wows me. That place was packed from every inch.I see you NASCAR Nation. Slowly but surely you’re convincing me to come around to the “one track, one date a year” crowd.

Upon further review, that throw was awful. He skipped it! An F throw from a C- driver to a B+ driver. I’m also convinced after my previous RC tweet, @WhiningSmoke is RC’s burner account here at RacingForums.com

Wow! That race had a bit of everything. Fun as hell.

I hope the five points were worth if for Denny and that he’s okay with the consequences down the road. He did it just well enough to again leave some plausible deniability of not running the guy directly into the wall, but everyone else should know it’s fair game to use Denny up next time he’s on the outside.

I watched that final restart live from Larson's on board, he absolutely did not miss the corner, or over drove it. He was holding his line and was executing the corner per usual.
No. He missed the corner. How did Denny get to his door if he didn't? I'd like to think it was MY pure TRD horsepower. Larson refuses to lift. Admirable.

No. He missed the corner. How did Denny get to his door if he didn't? I'd like to think it was MY pure TRD horsepower. Larson refuses to lift. Admirable.

Whoa brother, thats not missing the corner by the 5, the 11 pushed the 5 going in to 1 and dove under him then drove him out of the groove off 2. If I'm the 5 he's got one coming

Whoa brother, thats not missing the corner by the 5, the 11 pushed the 5 going in to 1 and dove under him then drove him out of the groove off 2. If I'm the 5 he's got one coming
22 seconds in.....he pushes up, Denny gets to the inside. Larsons lifts, he makes the corner. Don't get me wrong, Denny didn't cut him any slack, but Larson wasn't perfect there....just like Kansas....he opened the door.

Roles were reversed, Rev would be in here talking about Felon and Larson being dirty and yada yada.
100%....and there are those who would be claiming that the move was clean if the roles were reversed. Your point is very well documented....and I don't think I have ever denied that, but it's always good to state the obvious just in case it isn't obvious.

22 seconds in.....he pushes up, Denny gets to the inside. Larsons lifts, he makes the corner. Don't get me wrong, Denny didn't cut him any slack, but Larson wasn't perfect there....just like Kansas....he opened the door.
He was pushed up...

Reactions: Pat
100%....and there are those who would be claiming that the move was clean if the roles were reversed. Your point is very well documented....and I don't think I have ever denied that, but it's always good to state the obvious just in case it isn't obvious.
That’s also true, which is a good point. I mean I’ve called out the hypocrisy of members here forever, don’t have to tell me.

Denny got to his door because he had a run, a push, and attacked corner entry a bit more aggressively and slid up into Larson - in fact, it was his deep and shallow corner entry that lead to him pushing up into Larson and running corner exit wide. Larson did lift on corner exit, and it's clearly audible in-car.

Given our previous conversations about driving styles and lines, im pretty positive about my take here.

In fact, if anyone missed the racing groove, it's Hamlin due to his aggressive corner entry ;)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think that scenario was different. At Kansas, Larson was super loose there, and Denny got into him.

In this case, it just seemed like Denny took an agressive corner entry and washed up the track, which is what happens

Reasons why Denny doesn't have a NASCAR Cup Champion patch and Kyle Larson does

I can see a bit of a bobble by Larson on entry that opened the door for Denny. However, Denny certainly used the opportunity to abuse him on exit and Larson audibly lifted, but had no chance at that point.

I’ve never gotten the impression MTJ and Denny were friendly with each other and never see them interact much. They just happen to drive for the same team.

I've commented on the disfunction of the Preacher's bunch for years, going so far as calling it the asylum. It still is. Ya got jesus take the wheel, and never wrong narcissist Hamlin, Head in the clouds Bell who ain't happy about getting screwed out of his dirt racing career, and Truex who appears to be the sane one of the bunch.

I can see a bit of a bobble by Larson on entry that opened the door for Denny. However, Denny certainly used the opportunity to abuse him on exit and Larson audibly lifted, but had no chance at that point.

Denny has said both “I never touched him” and “he could’ve lifted and made the corner.”

That video proves both untrue. Hamlin is a punk.

I’ve never gotten the impression MTJ and Denny were friendly with each other and never see them interact much. They just happen to drive for the same team.

Spicy MTJ

Denny used Kyle up and as you said, that bobble in the entry going into the middle of 1 left that door open.

Physical stuff. Would have rather seen a bit more room given, but eh.

Almost identical

I see the difference. Larson hasn’t wrecked Denny twice leading up to this like Ross had. This is actually at least 2-0 to Denny now. Kansas may have been less intentional but it was still the 5 off the 11’s bumper.

Logano: "COME HERE!... STUPID SONS OF BITCHES"

Logano scolding track workers like they're his children for a bad tow job!

Omg I've never heard him this mad lol

I've commented on the disfunction of the Preacher's bunch for years, going so far as calling it the asylum. It still is. Ya got jesus take the wheel, and never wrong narcissist Hamlin, Head in the clouds Bell who ain't happy about getting screwed out of his dirt racing career, and Truex who appears to be the sane one of the bunch.
This would be your unbiased analysis of course. Where was that post where you told me to shut up? Show me how.

Logano: "COME HERE!... STUPID SONS OF BITCHES"

Logano scolding track workers like they're his children for a bad tow job!

Omg I've never heard him this mad lol

Squinty and douchey.

Excellent interview but there was a missed moment. The young woman in the maroon color pants that can be occasionally seen walking around in the background should have been worked into more of the camera shots.

Back
Top Bottom