Cup RACE thread -- Richmond, Rd. 1

These guys are Banging early :eek:

Note to E.J. - there is some good fishing near the track :D

3 wide on the outside ! That a girl Dani !

(All that for 22nd)

Kinda quick yellow.

I guess they need to go sweep up the wrap pieces for 6 laps.

Mike Joy finally proved the point I've been trying to get across in years.

He just responded to a Twitter comment and basically said "the cars appear to be traveling faster during Crank It Up because we do not pan the camera". Ummm....this is EXACTLY why zooming out and utilizing stationary cameras atop the grandstands would make for the best possible TV coverage. The main complaint I hear from non-NASCAR fans about the sport is that it is boring (mainly because the cars don't look fast or out of control...and they think it's "easy" to drive).

If you are in the NASCAR Fan Council, please suggest this every week if you want a better TV viewing experience.

Mike Joy finally proved the point I've been trying to get across in years.

He just responded to a Twitter comment and basically said "the cars appear to be traveling faster during Crank It Up because we do not pan the camera". Ummm....this is EXACTLY why zooming out and utilizing stationary cameras atop the grandstands would make for the best possible TV coverage. The main complaint I hear from non-NASCAR fans about the sport is that it is boring (mainly because the cars don't look fast or out of control...and they think it's "easy" to drive).
None of the camera angles used during CIU tell us anything about the racing. They just 'look cool' with cars rushing by the wall- and ground-mounted cameras. Someone in the production trailer has seen too many 'Fast & Furious' movies.

None of the camera angles used during CIU tell us anything about the racing. They just 'look cool' with cars rushing by the wall- and ground-mounted cameras. Someone in the production trailer has seen too many 'Fast & Furious' movies.
Strongly disagree. CIU camera angles show us how the cars are handling while entering and exiting the corners. During normal coverage, the camera is usually zoomed in so far that you can barely see anything more than the car # on the driver's side door. Also, a strong part of the appeal to racing is that the cars "look cool" and "look fast". It enhances the excitement and danger aspect of the sport. CIU also does not utilize any commentary, which is great in my book. I would rather try to analyze the race on my own anyway, and CIU allows me to better see how cars are handling and who is making moves.

I :bleh: every time I hear that word

Anyway...FANTASTIC racing so far. Best Richmond race in at least 15 years.
Its really nice to see for change that the fans are saying how much good the racing is ( Bristol and today)

Are you F*****g kidding me FOX? you know a lead change is going and you cut to commercial. Absolutely pathetic. This is why I can't take this "sport" seriously.

Strongly disagree. CIU camera angles show us how the cars are handling while entering and exiting the corners. During normal coverage, the camera is usually zoomed in so far that you can barely see anything more than the car # on the driver's side door. Also, a strong part of the appeal to racing is that the cars "look cool" and "look fast". It enhances the excitement and danger aspect of the sport. CIU also does not utilize any commentary, which is great in my book. I would rather try to analyze the race on my own anyway, and CIU allows me to better see how cars are handling and who is making moves.

Anything is better than excessive use of on board cameras.

Back
Top Bottom