Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

yeah I saw a lot of cars running different lines. I believe the low line was best if they could run it, but higher up wasn't bad either. It looked like Truex was blocking high and low depending on who's car was working where.

A win is a win sir, diminishing the young mans accomplishments is ridiculous.

No one's diminishing Erik Jones winning one whole race in Cup -- last year -- at a plate track

but Bell isn't slowing down and neither is Hamlin. Joe probably ain't gonna let MTJ/Pearn go any time soon, KyBu is stacking wins and playoff points to get thru the Chase Circus format to roll into the Final Four --

and Holy Joe knows how to move talent around and out...

No one's diminishing Erik Jones winning one whole race in Cup -- last year -- at a plate track

but Bell isn't slowing down and neither is Hamlin. Joe probably ain't gonna let MTJ/Pearn go any time soon, KyBu is stacking wins and playoff points to get thru the Chase Circus format to roll into the Final Four --

and Holy Joe knows how to move talent around and out...

Last week I was told that Martin was " worthless " ........ you see how that works ? Now the Jones boy is getting butchered, and that too will pass.

Last week I was told that Martin was " worthless " ........ you see how that works ? Now the Jones boy is getting butchered, and that too will pass.

Bell is an up-and-comer that is winning -- not just placing well. Holy Joe can't ignore that, or park him in a satellite development team. Hamlin looked like the one they were gonna throw out of camp to get eaten by the natives, but now that he's got two wins for the mothership this year -- he, brother truex and sister kybu are all headed for the Playoffs. Erik Jones is vulnerable. Time will tell...

Bell is an up-and-comer that is winning -- not just placing well. Holy Joe can't ignore that, or park him in a satellite development team. Hamlin looked like the one they were gonna throw out of camp to get eaten by the natives, but now that he's got two wins for the mothership this year -- he, brother truex and sister kybu are all headed for the Playoffs. Erik Jones is vulnerable. Time will tell...

The little kid races matter not ....... according to what I have been told.

The little kid races matter not ....... according to what I have been told.

oh please, up and comers winning in their Series --

is different than a Cup *Champion going down to poach trophies in lower series... :rolleyes:

Why would Denny Hamlin lose his ride? Lmao finished in the top 10 in points 10 times so far and has won 33 races including 2 Daytona 500s. What a bum

Nobody knows what Bell is going to do, but we all know this, at least I think all of us know, Bell is good enough for a cup ride

Why would Denny Hamlin lose his ride? Lmao finished in the top 10 in points 10 times so far and has won 33 races including 2 Daytona 500s. What a bum
Last year the argument may have had some merit, but with the turnaround Denny’s had this year I don’t see it happening. I guess anything’s possible though, JGR did dump Kenseth after he won them 15 races and two Top-5 points finishes in 5 seasons.

only car the preacher doesn't have in the chase is contract less Eric Jones. With the preacher's past record, one has to be aware of what could happen

only car the preacher doesn't have in the chase is contract less Eric Jones. With the preacher's past record, one has to be aware of what could happen
Yeah, if anybody’s getting the axe there it’s probably EJ. That or he’ll get demoted to the 95.

Last year the argument may have had some merit, but with the turnaround Denny’s had this year I don’t see it happening. I guess anything’s possible though, JGR did dump Kenseth after he won them 15 races and two Top-5 points finishes in 5 seasons.
I wonder how many more races kenseth could have won?

Yeah, if anybody’s getting the axe there it’s probably EJ. That or he’ll get demoted to the 95.
I don't think he would get treated that well. The yotas have so many drivers under contract they could run a different one every week and not have a repeat.

Was going to bring up Kenseth as well. At this stage, Denny's performance helps his case, but it's probably his strong relationship with FedEx that is his trump card, if he has one. As long as they are sponsoring the #11 full-time, they would have to prefer a change for it to occur.

I'm wondering if Jones came to Cup to early? Logana had a primo ride at Gibbs, couldn't get the job done. Some folks wrote him off, after his struggles. The cat is the current cup champ. Logano got a second chance with another top tier team. Wonder if Jones would be so lucky?

I'm wondering if Jones came to Cup to early? Logana had a primo ride at Gibbs, couldn't get the job done. Some folks wrote him off, after his struggles. The cat is the current cup champ. Logano got a second chance with another top tier team. Wonder if Jones would be so lucky?
Just depends on what opportunities might be out there. If you think about it, Logano doesn’t get the 22 if Kurt Busch doesn’t cuss out Dr. Jerry Punch and if Allmendinger doesn’t fail a drug test. Hard to tell where he might have ended up had that chain of events not occurred.

Just depends on what opportunities might be out there. If you think about it, Logano doesn’t get the 22 if Kurt Busch doesn’t cuss out Dr. Jerry Punch and if Allmendinger doesn’t fail a drug test. Hard to tell where he might have ended up had that chain of events not occurred.
Kez says he had something to do with Logano getting the ride also. At least that is his story. I don't see too many seats opening up next year

You are correct. Not a soul knows how the dominos might fall. Had Davey Allison not lost his life, and Ernie Irvan not have been seriously injured, would Dale Jarrett ever won a title? And if I recall correctly, DJ wasn't Yates first choice to replace Ernie. Ya never know what may happen.

You are correct. Not a soul knows how the dominos might fall. Had Davey Allison not lost his life, and Ernie Irvan not have been seriously injured, would Dale Jarrett ever won a title? And if I recall correctly, DJ wasn't Yates first choice to replace Ernie. Ya never know what may happen.
I believe Mark Martin was Yates’ first choice to replace Davey, but Mark decided to stay with Roush. I’m sure he felt a sense of loyalty to Roush for resurrecting his Cup career after his first crack at Cup failed.

Back
Top Bottom