Cup RACE thread -- Richmond

Incredibly unfortunate first round for Kurt Busch and Erik Jones, not two guys I had picked for first round eliminations.

Truex has caught fire at the right time, and he pulled off a short track sweep! Hell yeah!

So the teammates finish 1-2-3 and the 20 that finished 4th was illegal?

It's hardly the same car Carl drove. However, he is only three behind Carl in total Cup wins across all cars.

I'm not saying it is, I just thought that comment was ridiculous & it seems like he has an agenda against MTJ.

Let's not act like JGR wasn't a very good team in 2015 & 2016 though, either.

Meaning, Roush was going to get a mass of messages and direct messages from raging NASCAR fans over Stenhouse's move.

I think its hilarious.
Well, I’ll bet if Roush gives their drivers a little better cars, they wouldn’t have to drive them so hard. No one complains when Kyle Busch does this sort of thing on purpose. *rolls eyes*

I don't get the bias towards MTJ. He's had a rough road to the top and has persevered through a lot to get where he is now. A great crew chief alone would not attain six wins within a season. Common sense has got to prevail, folks.
It’s just as much the team effort as it is driver improving. I’m sure being under the JGR umbrella can’t hurt the cars drivability either. A well set up car can make anyone look like a hero driver. It’s what you do with the poor handling cars that makes you who you are.

I'm not saying it is, I just thought that comment was ridiculous & it seems like he has an agenda against MTJ.

Let's not act like JGR wasn't a very good team in 2015 & 2016 though, either.
Has nothing to do with Carl (even though the car was different) or any other driver. But of course there's a personal agenda against Truex/personal bias, whatever you want to call it. He represents everything I dislike about the current package, and is the target of my frustration.

just never thought Truex was that good relative to the best, and don't enjoy seeing a driver, who in my mind has always been an above average/below star level driver dominate given the package and circumstance.

It was cool to see him get so excited in victory lane. Maybe ill have a change of heart some day. FWIW, it isn't inherently personal. if it was Bowyer, Stenhouse, Dillon, Suarez, Menard etc in this exact situation, I would feel exactly the same about any of them.

I hate this package and I think it produces the worst and least driver influenced racing I have ever seen since I've watched NASCAR. Perhaps it's not fair to redirect that frustration towards Truex. I'll be better with that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It’s just as much the team effort as it is driver improving. I’m sure being under the JGR umbrella can’t hurt the cars drivability either. A well set up car can make anyone look like a hero driver. It’s what you do with the poor handling cars that makes you who you are.
yep, they were a whole three seconds faster than the spring Richmond, and 4-6 seconds faster than last year. I'm not sure after they take a look at the 20 that the verdict will be about how the preacher's cars are so well prepared. I've been watching all year on restarts the Yotas are out cornering the competition. Could be legal or it could be something funny going on.

yep, they were a whole three seconds faster than the spring Richmond, and 4-6 seconds faster than last year. I'm not sure after they take a look at the 20 that the verdict will be about how the preacher's cars are so well prepared. I've been watching all year on restarts the Yotas are out cornering the competition. Could be legal or it could be something funny going on.
Also, how much is NASCAR letting the Toyota’s get away with?

I sure hope Alex Bowman makes Austin "Dip ****" Dillon's life miserable the rest of the season. Imo he was way out of line with that cheap shot that ended Bowman's chance for a championship. If he can't handle a little hard racing on a short track then grandpa should leave his car at the shop with all the rest of the bent up race cars he has stacked out back.

Also, how much is NASCAR letting the Toyota’s get away with?
It was pretty obvious that on a short track where aero doesn't give them the biggest gain, all of preacher's cars were out cornering everybody and were having their own race between them that something was up

I sure hope Alex Bowman makes Austin "Dip sh!t" Dillon's life miserable the rest of the season. Imo he was way out of line with that cheap shot that ended Bowman's chance for a championship. If he can't handle a little hard racing on a short track then grandpa should leave his car at the shop with all the rest of the bent up race cars he has stacked out back.

Bowman isn't ended, he's two points away from the cut line and had a decent finish despite Paw paw's silver spoon. Not done yet, got the Roval

I can't even believe Truex won this thing again. Unreal.

Truex is such a great, consistent driver that allows him to capitalize on fast cars. That’s why he’s so good

Also Toyota’s engineering methods and training is the best in the world for a non luxury company. If you look at the car industry GM and Ford are playing catch up to Toyota, and it’s the same in racing

No, its both, Did you not hear Pearn talk about how he took copious notes from Truexs feedback on what the car was doing and what he needed it to do? He couldnt have made those changes without Truex and Truex couldnt have made the changes himself.
It's just the latest version of the debate over whether 7 titles were due to JJ or Chad. I don't know why some can't accept it took / takes both.

How many parts on a race car? Toyota claims about 30,000 for their cars at the dealer.

Crew Chief responsible for all those parts, systems, etc -- along with an extensive network of multi-faceted human talent that works on the race car -- before Cup driver gets to rearrange it on track.

Throw in the pit crew that the Crew Chief directs; and you have the most important man on the team sitting on the box.

MTJ wasn't looking spectacular in Cup, but good fortune smiled upon him with Pearn in charge. MTJ also isn't in Victory Lane running junk. He's being given a fighting chance by a Team led by Pearn.

Cole Pearn. :)

Has nothing to do with Carl (even though the car was different) or any other driver. But of course there's a personal agenda against Truex/personal bias, whatever you want to call it. He represents everything I dislike about the current package, and is the target of my frustration.

just never thought Truex was that good relative to the best, and don't enjoy seeing a driver, who in my mind has always been an above average/below star level driver dominate given the package and circumstance.

It was cool to see him get so excited in victory lane. Maybe ill have a change of heart some day. FWIW, it isn't inherently personal. if it was Bowyer, Stenhouse, Dillon, Suarez, Menard etc in this exact situation, I would feel exactly the same about any of them.

I hate this package and I think it produces the worst and least driver influenced racing I have ever seen since I've watched NASCAR. Perhaps it's not fair to redirect that frustration towards Truex. I'll be better with that.

Well at least you admit it

Pearn doesn’t drive the car. Any more than Chad Knaus drove the 48 to 7 titles. The guy behind the wheel still has to utilize the speed given to him by the engineers.

Guess you never saw these crew chiefs win a race on a strategy call before? The fastest car doesn't always win.

Martin won the title in 2017 with a different package.........Am I right?

How many parts on a race car? Toyota claims about 30,000 for their cars at the dealer.

Crew Chief responsible for all those parts, systems, etc -- along with an extensive network of multi-faceted human talent that works on the race car -- before Cup driver gets to rearrange it on track.

Throw in the pit crew that the Crew Chief directs; and you have the most important man on the team sitting on the box.

MTJ wasn't looking spectacular in Cup, but good fortune smiled upon him with Pearn in charge. MTJ also isn't in Victory Lane running junk. He's being given a fighting chance by a Team led by Pearn.

Cole Pearn. :)

Same argument about ole 7 Time and his former Crew Chief. Who really cares, honestly? He wins.

It's amazing how much time is spent tearing drivers down. I don't give **** 1 if it is Martin, Cole, the car, or a combination of all of the above (which is closer to the truth). The dude is winning. Damn, NASCAR fans are an interesting bunch.

Back
Top Bottom