Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

At day’s end, Elliott finished 13th. He did chip away a bit at his points deficit as he is now 40 points below the provisional playoff cutoff line.

Crew chief Blake Harris utilized the one-stop strategy (under green) in the final stage in an effort to try and make up track position. Bowman sits 42 points outside the provisional playoff cutoff line.

Chris Buescher won the 400-lap race to become the 13th different race winner this season and the 12th driver to lock into the playoffs

He isn't past the points of no return yet.

Bubba went from +27 to +54. Chase went from -56 to -40.

There are probably about six different guys who could point their way into 16th, barring any winners outside the cut line at the moment.

Kyle won a lot and mouthed off a lot and you cussed him. Denny on the other hand is such a weasel you want to punch him in the mouth.
Denny used to be unbearable in the Toyota Racing Experience Fan Zone. Saw him a couple of times since, and he is funny, smart, and worth the listen. Kyle is in a Chevy so your tune has changed. Your resume would suggest that you would feel the same way if Denny jumped in one of those cheated up pieces.

Guess I’m the only one who likes little facts about the drivers like Rick Allen dropped.

Fans will really complain about anything.

Yeah yeah I know I know, high horse yada yada.

Guess I’m the only one who likes little facts about the drivers like Rick Allen dropped.

He drops these “little facts” at the most inappropriate times, instead of letting the moment do the talking and working off of that. He also butchers his own catchphrases.

He drops these “little facts” at the most inappropriate times, instead of letting the moment do the talking and working off of that.
I mean when else would you drop that about his hometown? 45 laps into the race? Makes sense to mention it when he wins, I can see maybe when it’s close to the end also and maybe it’s very likely he wins. Like I just don’t see how it changes anything. Like if he says it, or doesn’t say it, it’s not like it changes a single thing.

I mean when else would you drop that about his hometown? 45 laps into the race? Makes sense to mention it when he wins, I can see maybe when it’s close to the end also and maybe it’s very likely he wins. Like I just don’t see how it changes anything. Like if he says it, or doesn’t say it, it’s not like it changes a single thing.
What is to be gained by saying it when the driver wins a race? That fact about his hometown is knowledge that could be dropped with like 300 laps left in a race and they’re going through the field, how your shoehorn that in I don’t know but it just feels misplaced screaming it as the guy wins the race. It would have been neat if it was something like “ Chris Buescher from Prosper, TX is today’s winner“. Simple, classy, elegant. Of course this is all my opinion and some may like Rick screaming factoids about that winning driver at them as said driver wins a race, but not for me.

I agree with you.

What is to be gained by saying it when the driver wins a race? That fact about his hometown is knowledge that could be dropped with like 300 laps left in a race and they’re going through the field, how your shoehorn that in I don’t know but it just feels misplaced screaming it as the guy wins the race. It would have been neat if it was something like “ Chris Buescher from Prosper, TX is today’s winner“. Simple, classy, elegant. Of course this is all my opinion and some may like Rick screaming factoids about that winning driver at them as said driver wins a race, but not for me.
I guess I’m just annoyed that some of the same folks who complain about this, something that literally changes nothing at all, will get upset at fans who complain about the cars, or the point system, or anything that actually changes the on track product. Like I don’t know, I just honestly don’t let the announcers bother me the way others do, and as a fellow wrestling fan I know that you seen and heard way worse, which is my theory of why they don’t bother me haha. I had to deal with Cole and King for what felt like a millennium every damn Monday haha. So if I can deal with that I can deal with anything.

I think the point he wanted to get across is that Buescher is from a small town in Texas and used the population as a way to relay that its a small town.

I guess I’m just annoyed that some of the same folks who complain about this, something that literally changes nothing at all, will get upset at fans who complain about the cars, or the point system, or anything that actually changes the on track product. Like I don’t know, I just honestly don’t let the announcers bother me the way others do, and as a fellow wrestling fan I know that you seen and heard way worse, which is my theory of why they don’t bother me haha. I had to deal with Cole and King for what felt like a millennium every damn Monday haha. So if I can deal with that I can deal with anything.

I am not really complaining, it’s just easily memeable and a bit odd. There have been far worse end of race calls (see: Marty Reid).

Yeah being a wrestling fan (living thought the Monday night wars with Schiavone bellowing “this Monday is the biggest Monday in the history of OUR Sport!!“ every Monday”) that’s why I try to be patient with an announcer and they generally don’t bother me. But Rick lost me long ago when he butchered his OWN phrases and yelled everything as it was happening. He lost me way before yesterday now it’s more like “ugh this guy”. When I grew up listening to Bob Jenkins and later Allen Bestwick, Rick leaves a lot to be desired. The MRN guys make him look like such amateur hour to me.

I am not really complaining, it’s just easily memeable and a bit odd. There have been far worse end of race calls (see: Marty Reid).
Fair enough. Just came off to me that way but, hey I’m inclined to believe you.

Yeah being a wrestling fan (living thought the Monday night wars with Schiavone bellowing “this Monday is the biggest Monday in the history of OUR Sport!!“ every Monday”) that’s why I try to be patient with an announcer and they generally don’t bother me. But Rick lost me long ago when he butchered his OWN phrases and yelled everything as it was happening. He lost me way before yesterday now it’s more like “ugh this guy”. When I grew up listening to Bob Jenkins and later Allen Bestwick, Rick leaves a lot to be desired. The MRN guys make him look like such amateur hour to me.
I’ll be honest, most of the time I can zone them out completely haha. Like they are things I see people in here talk about that were said that I didn’t even notice. Maybe that’s another reason I’m not as bothered as some

Ol' Boomer has but one job and that's to announce the last credit one last lap or whatever it is called. Yesterday Rick added another pearl of wisdom to his notable Gerbil hall of announcer fame with sayings such as WILLIAM BYRON! WHO'S RACING CAREER STARTED ON A COMPUTER!!!! and the all around crowd favorite AROUND GOES!! has added CHRIS BUESCHER FROM PROSPER TEXAS A SMALL TOWN OF THIRTY THOUSAND PEOPLE!!!.

SLIDE JOB!!! JR and the PRAWBLEMS!!! Jeff Gerbil were present at the time to witness this momentous occasion.

Ol' Boomer has but one job and that's to announce the last credit one last lap or whatever it is called. Yesterday Rick added another pearl of wisdom to his notable Gerbil hall of announcer fame with sayings such as WILLIAM BYRON! WHO'S RACING CAREER STARTED ON A COMPUTER!!!! and the all around crowd favorite AROUND GOES!! has added CHRIS BUESCHER FROM PROSPER TEXAS A SMALL TOWN OF THIRTY THOUSAND PEOPLE!!!.

SLIDE JOB!!! JR and the PRAWBLEMS!!! Jeff Gerbil were present at the time to witness this momentous occasion.
This lmao.

I thought he had some insightful questions like " Jeff or Dale when you mash the gas longer going into the corner are you taking a chance on spinning out?" I'm paraphrasing but it was on that subject
That's Rick i.e. "Boomer" championing for the "clueless" Nascar type fan. "The wall is the wall and it will definitely do damage". "Anything added to Zero will still be Zero Steve"

I mean, I agree with him. This is what racing should be more like. Stages, phantom debris, NASCAR telling drivers to not pull so far ahead as to not stink up the show, etc. All of that is just gimmicks meant to make the racing artificially more exciting. Yesterday's race may have not been side by side beatin' and bangin' action for all 400 laps. However, it still had a lot of comers and goers and pit strategy that either benefited the driver or hindered them.

The people who say it was a snoozefest of a race are probably more upset about the short track package still sucking, but hopefully NASCAR is working on that and can actually roll out something in 2024 that'll make short track racing exciting again.

I actually normally like Rick Allen but he really needs to work on his calls to the checkered, they’re pretty clunky and convoluted.

He should go back and watch Mike Joy’s calls from the 90s and 2000s.

I mean, I agree with him. This is what racing should be more like. Stages, phantom debris, NASCAR telling drivers to not pull so far ahead as to not stink up the show, etc. All of that is just gimmicks meant to make the racing artificially more exciting. Yesterday's race may have not been side by side beatin' and bangin' action for all 400 laps. However, it still had a lot of comers and goers and pit strategy that either benefited the driver or hindered them.

The people who say it was a snoozefest of a race are probably more upset about the short track package still sucking, but hopefully NASCAR is working on that and can actually roll out something in 2024 that'll make short track racing exciting again.
People have all sorts of ideas on what is REAL racing. It is called a SHOW for a reason. Every racing series is different as to how they do the SHOW. I watch three or 4 different racing series and I myself don't have the time or inclination to go full tweaker on what I think they need to do with this or that. I'm too busy keeping up with the racing. Nascar is Nascar, USAC is USAC, SRX is SRX, and ASCoC is ASCoC rules. :idunno:

I was just thinking about Richard Allen Schwieger's comments yesterday. The 54 year old Rick Allen was born June 17th, 1969 and he is only a little more than a month past his 54th day.

He is a native of Grand Isle Nebraska which has a population 53,000 and it is roughly 1.75 times more than the population of Prosper Texas. I think it would be reasonable to say that Grand Isle is almost twice the size of Prosper (when one is rounding numbers).

Grand Isle is not directly related Omaha Steaks, and only indirectly related the old Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom TV program that aired in the 1970s. Grand Isle does the law enforcement training for the state of Nebraska, but they dont do any of the training for the Law in Texas, or for the CommonWealth of Virgina.

Virgina's status as a CommonWealth is suggestive of it being a bunch of Collectives or Common-unists so even the old law lessons we learned from the old Barnaby Jones TV show(s) probably wouldn’t be applicable for their Common systems.

I was mostly saddened and very dissapointed that Richard Allen Schwieger failed to mention that Chris Buescher's number 17 was the same as DW's number. I bet the people in Owensboro Ky, and Franklin Tn, were really bothered by the vulgar oversight as if those people dont have a right to exsist or be recognized. He also didnt mention that Matt Kenseth and David Pearson ran the same number either.

I was just thinking about Richard Allen Schwieger's comments yesterday. The 54 year old Rick Allen was born June 17th, 1969 and he is only a little more than a month past his 54th day.

He is a native of Grand Isle Nebraska which has a population 53,000 and it is roughly 1.75 times more than the population of Prosper Texas. I think it would be reasonable to say that Grand Isle is almost twice the size of Prosper (when one is rounding numbers).

Grand Isle is not directly related Omaha Steaks, and only indirectly related the old Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom TV program that aired in the 1970s. Grand Isle does the law enforcement training for the state of Nebraska, but they dont do any of the training for the Law in Texas, or for the CommonWealth of Virgina.

Virgina's status as a CommonWealth is suggestive of it being a bunch of Collectives or Common-unists so even the old law lessons we learned from the old Barnaby Jones TV show(s) probably wouldn’t be applicable for their Common systems.

I was mostly saddened and very dissapointed that Richard Allen Schwieger failed to mention that Chris Buescher's number 17 was the same as DW's number. I bet the people in Owensboro Ky, and Franklin Tn, were really bothered by the vulgar oversight as if those people dont have a right to exsist or be recognized. He also didnt mention that Matt Kenseth and David Pearson ran the same number either.
Streaming consciousness at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom