Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Wouldn't be shocked if the SMT data comes (leaked) out this next week sometime.
I'm sure the door bumper clear guys will discuss it. TJ is always looking at it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm sure the door bumper clear guys will discuss it. TJ is always looking at it

Brett is exploding on twitter already. He’s gonna rant about it for 10 minutes probably.

The Wife and I saw Godzilla X Kong tonight. It was bonkers and a blast.

Came home to catch the final 100 or so laps. Was also bonkers.

Entertaining evening.

I'm not sure what the best part of my night was... But if I had to narrow it down, it was either

1. Kong using a baby ape as nunchucks to beat up other apes
2. Truex bashing everyone, then pretending it never happened
3. Godzilla WWE suplexing Kong off of the the Pyramid of Giza.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ah yes, more late race BS where the fastest car doesn't win.

Was out to dinner for the holiday but managed to see about 20% of the race. That 20% included Hamlin absolutely jumping the start lol.

MTJ is such a thin skinned crybaby. Whenever he has a fast car, he expects everyone on the track to pull over for him. It's understandable that he would be upset, but keep it together. Door slamming the 5 and blasting into the back of the 11 was completely uncalled for.

The 11 team earned it. I'm certainly no Denny fan, but there's nothing wrong with what he did IMO. Sure, maybe he jumped the restart by a few feet, OK. But he didn't "use up" the 19 into one. That was just good, hard, fair racing for the lead with two to go. No harm no foul.

I enjoyed the race. would liked to have seen where the 5 and 19 would have finished in stage 2 without the yellow.
Looked like the 5 was going away in stage 3 so truex probably had the best car at the end. Just from watching the replay it sure looked like Hamlin jumped the restart.

MTJ is such a thin skinned crybaby. Whenever he has a fast car, he expects everyone on the track to pull over for him. It's understandable that he would be upset, but keep it together. Door slamming the 5 and blasting into the back of the 11 was completely uncalled for.

The 11 team earned it. I'm certainly no Denny fan, but there's nothing wrong with what he did IMO. Sure, maybe he jumped the restart by a few feet, OK. But he didn't "use up" the 19 into one. That was just good, hard, fair racing for the lead with two to go. No harm no foul.
I’ll compromise with you. Getting into all of that with the 5? Unnecessary. Larson ain’t obligated to give anything up. Giving Mr. “I jumped the start against your favorite driver!” a few jolts? Totally warranted.

This is egregious. It is really not even close.

1000000899.gif

Best race I saw this year, looks like the crash drivers are learning or someone spanked them. Made me thing of Dale and Irving.

Wouldn't be shocked if the SMT data comes (leaked) out this next week sometime.
For sure. It was close but the in car stuff posted here clearly shows he jumped it. MASCAR has all this data available and then chooses to not use it? Yet last week if you get loose and slip off the track in the wrong place well that's a penalty. We can't have guys driving hard and getting loose in the wrong place but we sure can have a guy jump the final restart in OT to win the race. That's fine. LOL

I agree with Estepp’s race review video. NASCAR ruined this race. This is the same race control that handed out 37 penalties for cutting the course by 2 inches last week that suddenly went Mr Magoo tonight. The Busch caution then not even reviewing the last restart was like federal investigation worthy. Just egregiously bad.

I’ll compromise with you. Getting into all of that with the 5? Unnecessary. Larson ain’t obligated to give anything up. Giving Mr. “I jumped the start against your favorite driver!” a few jolts? Totally warranted.

Don't get me wrong, I always enjoy seeing anyone get mad at Denny no matter the circumstances

It’s as if NASCAR looked at all the new fans and goodwill generated by Netflix and said “hmmm, wonder if this is flammable. Joe, hand me your lighter!”

I agree with Estepp’s race review video. NASCAR ruined this race. This is the same race control that handed out 37 penalties for cutting the course by 2 inches last week that suddenly went Mr Magoo tonight. The Busch caution then not even reviewing the last restart was like federal investigation worthy. Just egregiously bad.
There would be something very fitting about the car data causing a penalty for Denny since he posted it to get Chase suspended when Chase wrecked him. Funny I don't see any posts form him with the data PROVING he did not jump the restart.....Maybe he is having tech issues. LMAO!

There are times when NASCAR loves to forget what constitutes a caution. If there's no debris, no disabled race car, no safety concern? Then keep it green. They have been a lot better about this in recent years, but there's still no consistency. It's ridiculous when we are throwing yellows for a car spinning harmlessly, or someone simply getting loose, or a child's balloon floating through the infield

For sure. It was close but the in car stuff posted here clearly shows he jumped it. MASCAR has all this data available and then chooses to not use it? Yet last week if you get loose and slip off the track in the wrong place well that's a penalty. We can't have guys driving hard and getting loose in the wrong place but we sure can have a guy jump the final restart in OT to win the race. That's fine. LOL
I despise Hamcrap for sure, but was ready to tip the cap until I saw this happened. He seemed to leap ahead on that restart but I thought Truex spun his tires or something. NASCAR is chicken s#*+ when it comes to Hamtrd. They swallow the whistle as if he has pictures of them doing donkeys at a bar party. Sick of this jackazz getting away with cheating.

With the technology they have now I can't figure out why they don't call jumping the restart? I mean you have SMT data that shows exactly where he went. It's no longer a ball and strike call. Just like pit road speeding

This. There are some aspects of MTJ that I like....and those attributes are easy to support....class, etc. However, there are others--which we saw last night--that are very difficult to stomach. I will say this about his crybaby stuff....I really believe that what he says on the radio is just the way he processes stress. It's not fun to listen to. When he is leading late....he inevitably starts to cry about his car going away. I don't think he believes he is going to get beaten. I think he needs to just get that worst case scenario out, so he can get back to the task at hand. Having said all of that, the bull**** we saw last night is a very bad look. What the hell was he even pissed at....and what the hell did Denny or Kyle have to do with it. If we are going to get pissy about Denny jumping the start, then we need to address the 19 and the 22 laying back. NASCAR made the right call because there is always BS on the restarts. Stripping Denny and his team of a win with so much of that **** going on would be a travesty. Everybody is dicking around, and at the end of the day, the team that earned P1 got the advantage, and that is the intent of literally ANY restart rule.

The thing with the 19 is that he wanted to be a dick, and he was justified. He just **** away a dominant night. The problem is that his narrative is that he is a clean racer with a ton of class. So, last night he decides to go bonkers over his justifiable frustration, and really made a total ass of himself. Denny ignored it, and Larson laughed about it.

This is egregious. It is really not even close.

How much of that is Martin laying back? This also is a violation....and I think Martin knows that. He was playing as much of a game as Denny....and NASCAR let it play out....as they should. Martin was beaten when he came out P2.

I think Truax had the best car and raced well enough to deserve the win. I hate the GWCers altering the agreed distance of the race.

Truax didnt handle the aftermath well but short of being smart enough just to be quite; but he would have been phony to express himsrelf much differently. Larson himself seemed sympathtic all things cinsidered.

I think the snark directed toward Truax is a bit much considering the events as they happened.

I do think Hamlin jumped the restart, and then used him up or ran him up the track out of the groove on top of being gifted with the GWCer garbage

I think Truax had the best car and raced well enough to deserve the win. I hate the GWCers altering the agreed distance of the race.

Truax didnt handle the aftermath well but short of being smart enough just to be quite; but he would have been phony to express himsrelf much differently. Larson himself seemed sympathtic all things cinsidered.

I think the snark directed toward Truax is a bit much considering the events as they happened.

I do think Hamlin jumped the restart, and then used him up or ran him up the track out of the groove on top of being gifted with the GWCer garbage
Martin literally said that Denny didn't give him room into 1.....They are ****** racing for the win. It's just hard to understand Martin. I love his fans, however, because they seem to understand him. While I will always pull for him because of what he drives, he would be very easy to root against. I hate passive/aggressive bull****, and for him to bitch about Denny's restart knowing what he was trying to bait Denny into is just a guy who is believing the narrative he created.

Martin prides himself on racing clean, and then hit everything but the lottery after the checkers. Pick a lane.

How much of that is Martin laying back? This also is a violation....and I think Martin knows that. He was playing as much of a game as Denny....and NASCAR let it play out....as they should. Martin was beaten when he came out P2.
I was wondering what kind of rice tale you were going to come up with. It doesn't matter if Truex was holding back, the lead car is in charge of the start and isn't supposed to start until he gets to the line...not before.

I was wondering what kind of rice tale you were going to come up with. It doesn't matter if Truex was holding back, the lead car is in charge of the start and isn't supposed to start until he gets to the line...not before.
bull****. Laying back is against the rules, and he deserved a flag as much as Denny, and you know that. NASCAR did the right thing by letting it play out. I am sure that Sawyer will chew all of their assess for making an ass out of the show.

Martin literally said that Denny didn't give him room into 1.....They are ****** racing for the win. It's just hard to understand Martin. I love his fans, however, because they seem to understand him. While I will always pull for him because of what he drives, he would be very easy to root against. I hate passive/aggressive bull****, and for him to bitch about Denny's restart knowing what he was trying to bait Denny into is just a guy who is believing the narrative he created.
There is this thing about racing clean. Hambone tends to use the wall or out of bounds to do his passing for him. BTW those boos weren't for clean racing. IMO it would have been different if Hamlin's car would have slid up because of speed. Instead he drove Truex into the marbles.

There is this thing about racing clean. Hambone tends to use the wall or out of bounds to do his passing for him. BTW those boos weren't for clean racing.
**** yes.....give him a lane on a GWC.....and yeah, I'll trust the fans to judge the racing. They need someone to boo, and KB is so busy sucking that all they have left is Denny.

Back
Top Bottom