Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

It’s good to be back! I’ve missed not being about to complain about anything NASCAR related for three straight weeks. Hopefully Byron spent his three week vacation studying and is about to get this team back on track. 🤞🤞

Not loving the 5 starting outside the top 15. Stage 1 points has been the strength. Can't really afford to give much up to the 9 here.

Losing the regular season championship by any less than 30 points will make the double effort super bittersweet lol

9 has slowly joined the 5/11/20 as the fastest cars this season. Qualifying is proof of that imo

CAT UPDATE: Getting it out of the way before she falls asleep. 😂
IMG_1440.jpeg

They’ve eliminated well over 50 percent of their seating capacity and that place looks like it’s only 50 percent full.

Taking a date from this track, which looks inevitable, is definitely the right decision.
Think I agree. Hate to see a short track lose a date but folks arnt showing up, the product doesn’t do it any favors but Richmond is a curious case is my point. How did something so good become so bad?

They’ve eliminated well over 50 percent of their seating capacity and that place looks like it’s only 50 percent full.

Taking a date from this track, which looks inevitable, is definitely the right decision.

And I can’t wait to be there in a packed house. Losing a date did wonders for Pocono.

Hoping it’s in the spring/fall and not the summer.

Think I agree. Hate to see a short track lose a date but folks arnt showing up, the product doesn’t do it any favors but Richmond is a curious case is my point. How did something so good become so bad?

Can’t even blame the car either. Richmond has been god awful for a long time now.

Racing on a Sunday night doesn’t help though.

Surprising to think of Chastain being out of the top 16.

Richmond is one of the biggest NASCAR TV markets and they can only get about 30k people to show up. The product there is bad.

"Bell still increasing, and that was with a pass"

Increasing what, Rick?

Richmond was okay in the 4th gen. It sucked in the COT. It sucked in the 6th gen. It sucks now.

Track should be repaved and maybe have some compound banking added.
What about that Sealer they used to use?

Denny made a good point this week about how Richmond is a top 10 TV market for the sport, but it just doesn’t translate to attendance. I think the lack of quality in the racing product is overstated, but it makes no sense to keep racing here twice a year if you have the opportunity to go explore a new market in Mexico City where you’ll probably draw a huge crowd and really continue to make inroads down there.

The racing here isn’t terrible but it is nowhere near as good as it once was. I remember have the Richmond races circled on the calendar every year up until about a decade ago. I don’t know what happened that changed the racing here

What about that Sealer they used to use?
I believe Jr. asked them about that and they said it accelerated the aging of the track surface, so they never sealed the surface after the repave in 2003. Would imagine they’re probably due for a fresh repave sometime soon though, and then who knows.

Back
Top Bottom